Author Topic: Prepar3D V5 installers instructions  (Read 47175 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Prepar3D V5 installers instructions
« on: April 15, 2020, 03:39:15 am »
All our installers has been updated to support Prepar3D V5, here's some quick instructions:

- Download the latest full installers for all your FSDT products. Their names are unchanged so, even if you see something like "xxxx_setup_fsx.exe", if it's the latest version, it supports from FSX to P3D V5. And if something is named "xxxx_setup_p3d4.exe", if it's the latest version, it supports both Prepar3D 4.4 and 5.0.

- No need to Uninstall anything. Just install over your existing installation. But you can Uninstall, if you want, it won't make any difference.

- No need to worry about activation. Unless you also change major hardware components ( cpu, mainboard ) or reinstall Windows. All your existing license will work from FSX ( sometimes from FS9... ) to P3D 5.

- Due to the switch to DirectX 12, Render To Texture for GSX is not done yet, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23304.msg155949.html#msg155949

We'll have to work at it in the next weeks, since this is a fairly delicate issue, and DX12 is very different from DX11. This will result in not having Logos on operators ( just their Base color ) and no Jetway logos either, and any kind of Font rendering, like Fuel counters, the Marshaller distance readout, etc.

- Because most of the fixes we made to the sceneries were related to different Exclusion required because many default airports have been updated in V5, You MUST let the Live Update to update the AFCAD, otherwise you'll see plenty of double objects. Please do it, even if you customize the AFCAD heavily, there's no way around this.

- We made an update for PHNL to use SODE jetways, the other Hawaii airports will follow in the next days, so you might still see some default objects popping out in V5 there. Same for KFLL.

- KORD V2 has a new native photoreal background made specifically for P3D V5, which should blend better with the surrounding, since it's the first photoreal background made in full PBR ( not possible with P3D V4 ), we'll likely do the same for Basel, so both will end up being 100% PBR.

- Be CAREFUL with your settings, because P3D V5 consumes a lot of VRAM. A video card with 8GB is strongly suggested. Better if you have more...the sim now has an indication of your spare VRAM memory, so you'll know when you are going too high
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:40:47 am by virtuali »

Deception780

Re: Prepar3D V5 installers instructions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 05:23:26 am »
Chicago runways broken?

Deltaflight84

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:57:56 am »
Hello,

Thx for the update so according to what i read gsx is also compatible?

Greatings

gregoryv

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 11:54:08 am »
Thanks. I have issue with Vancouver installer.
"The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not fount"

donkey20048

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 12:18:53 pm »
Hello

thanks for the quick update of your installers
Issue i have is when i go to install KORD for v5 i get the following error:
Please uninstall FSDT Ohare X (2011 version) first

I also get this error when trying to install gsx level 2 into v5

thanks for any help
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:24:33 pm by donkey20048 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 01:42:21 pm »
Thanks. I have issue with Vancouver installer. "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not fount"

Nothing has changed in that installer regarding DirectX, it seems your Windows is not full updated.

gregoryv

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 02:38:33 pm »
Thanks Umberto,

I just installed DirectX package from Microsoft and all good. Thanks for your help.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 06:36:27 pm »

Very painful experience installing all of the scenery's into V5 with having to deal with the LIVE UPDATER updating every time.

Randy

DrumsArt

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 01:14:25 am »
Hi,

Should I install GSX + GSX2 or GSX2 only?
Thanks and Regards,
Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

grandfred29

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 01:44:09 am »
your advise is available too for P3dv4 and p3dv5 because i want keep V4 alive some times, so if i use the new installer i don't risk to loose your product in v4?

download speed from your server are very slow
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:54:11 pm by grandfred29 »

Greg Goodavish

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 04:12:05 am »
On a couple of the airports, on the download button, it shows P3DV4/5.  The others just show FSX/P3D.  Will those work in P3DV5 as well?

truthknown

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 05:19:26 am »
Is it possible to have a separate installation for P3Dv5 with a separate addon manager? In effect having this installed in v4 and v5 separately?

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 09:02:25 am »
All of my 7 FSDT sceneries installed without incident  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 09:57:26 am »
Quoting from the original post:

- Download the latest full installers for all your FSDT products. Their names are unchanged so, even if you see something like "xxxx_setup_fsx.exe", if it's the latest version, it supports from FSX to P3D V5. And if something is named "xxxx_setup_p3d4.exe", if it's the latest version, it supports both Prepar3D 4.4 and 5.0.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 10:02:41 am »
Is it possible to have a separate installation for P3Dv5 with a separate addon manager? In effect having this installed in v4 and v5 separately?

They are already installed separately, that's the main advantage of using the add-on.xml method, which we have been using since P3D4:

- All products are installed OUTSIDE the simulator, so no files of the sim are ever altered.

- They use a single installation folder, so no useless duplication of files happens, if not needed.

- The installer obviously know what to do so, of course, when you install into FSX, P3D4 and P3D5 at the same time, the add-on.xml files will be slightly different ( and FSX config files ), each once pointing to different files or folders, which are of course correct for the sim in use.

And yes, there's IS different Addon Manager for each version:

Fsdreamteam\Addon manager\bglmanx.dll is the 32 bit version which works in FSX and P3D 32 bit
Fsdreamteam\Addon manager\bglmanx64.dll is the native P3D V4 version, compiled using the P3D 4.4 Simconnect and PDK
Fsdreamteam\Addon manager\bglmanx65.dll is the native P3D V5 version, compiled using the P3D 5.0 Simconnect and PDK

So yes, the installer knows exactly what to do, and it does it in the best possible way, in the most SDK compliant way, without wasting a byte of your precious HD space too.