Author Topic: P3D v5 Announced  (Read 51388 times)

mcdonoughdr

Re: P3D v5 Announced
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 08:33:27 pm »
Any update on the text to render feature of GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 01:00:01 pm »

As already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23644.msg157728.html#msg157728

At this time, we don't know exactly when we can add this, because there are still some stability issues in V5 that makes the Render To Texture function not fully usable yet, it will likely require another Hotfix from LM first.

fatback

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 09:25:58 pm »
Thx for the great support! Reminds me why I have most of your airports.  ;D

Airbus_Fan

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 07:31:10 pm »

As already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23644.msg157728.html#msg157728

At this time, we don't know exactly when we can add this, because there are still some stability issues in V5 that makes the Render To Texture function not fully usable yet, it will likely require another Hotfix from LM first.

Hello
What about the logo problem in P3D V5
Are there any news when it works again ???
Because until now it still doesn't work for me.

Best Regards
Torsten

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 09:21:00 pm »
Hello
What about the logo problem in P3D V5
Are there any news when it works again ???
Because until now it still doesn't work for me.
Hasn't changed. If anything, this was posted yesterday.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24064.msg159999.html#msg159999
Captain Kevin

micstatic

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 03:33:00 pm »
I may have missed it.  So sorry in advance.  I was just wondering if you guys will still be supporting/updating P3DV5 or if you will shift all focus to MSFS?  thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 10:44:40 pm »
I may have missed it.  So sorry in advance.  I was just wondering if you guys will still be supporting/updating P3DV5 or if you will shift all focus to MSFS?  thanks.

Even if most of our time right now is focused on bringing our products to MSFS, we'll surely continue to support P3D as well. In fact, some things we had to do to support MSFS, will have a benefit for P3D users too.

For example, we'll release two separate new 64 bit versions of our Couatl interpreter, one for MSFS and another one for P3D4/5. This should make it more reliable and less dependent on issues on the user system, since they won't depend on old version of Simconnect and/or old version of the VC++ runtimes, as the FSX version did. Also, the way GSX works, which is a Python program that runs entirely external to the sim, means that every new line of code we'll add to add new features, behaviors and bugfix, will make it to P3D as well, since there's no difference whatsoever in the program logic.

The real problem is DX12 here. There are other developers that used DX11 in P3D4 and ported their code to DX12, and they are having lots of issues with crashes and DGXI errors right now, and DX12 is so complex to use, that is not very easy to even tell if the problem is our fault, or something in the sim.

That's why we removed everything related to DX rendering for P3D5, to be sure the crashes users are seeing are not our fault, and we'll look again into it when we'll be sure the simulator itself will be rock-solid.

wdylm

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 07:04:29 am »
Hi, is it still possible for v5 to support RTT in predictable time? Because of long way to go for MSFS2020, I will still insist on p3dv5 for a long time. So it's a big pity if i cannot customize my own logo texture, thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:59:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 12:03:31 pm »
Hi, is it still possible for v5 to support RTT in predictable time? Because of long way to go for MSFS2020, I will still insist on p3dv5 for a long time. So it's a big pity if i cannot customize my own logo texture, thanks

We don't have an exact timeline for this. It first require some V5 update we can be absolutely sure it's rock solid when VRAM handling is concerned. Then, when this will be out, we can start working on it.

There are a couple of developers that already support DX12, one of them is TFDi with their RealLight/TrueGlass products, and I see they have lots of issues with it with crashes and VRAM OOMs, so we want to play safe this time.

wdylm

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 12:20:51 pm »

We don't have an exact timeline for this. It first require some V5 update we can be absolutely sure it's rock solid when VRAM handling is concerned. Then, when this will be out, we can start working on it.

There are a couple of developers that already support DX12, one of them is TFDi with their RealLight/TrueGlass products, and I see they have lots of issues with it with crashes and VRAM OOMs, so we want to play safe this time.
thanks for your greate job!

Llondon

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2020, 08:58:16 pm »
Is there an upcoming update regarding logos, gate numbers, fuel read outs fo P3dV5? My version of P3dV5 has been operating stable for several months.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2020, 03:40:59 am »
Is there an upcoming update regarding logos, gate numbers, fuel read outs fo P3dV5?

We don't have any news about it.

My version of P3dV5 has been operating stable for several months.

That's because we haven't added DX12 yet and, if you read the explanations why we haven't, it was to prevent people to thing GSX made the sim unstable.

tkemp66

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2020, 08:07:24 pm »
I am about to uninstall P3dv4.5 and install P3dv5. Should I uninstall all my FSDT product as well and reinstall them for P3dv5 or is there an easier way?

Troy
Troy Kemp

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2020, 08:12:15 am »
I am about to uninstall P3dv4.5 and install P3dv5. Should I uninstall all my FSDT product as well and reinstall them for P3dv5 or is there an easier way?
That would be the best way to do it.
Captain Kevin

tkemp66

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2020, 10:04:34 pm »
Thank you!
Troy Kemp