Author Topic: New Terminal & Control Tower  (Read 21071 times)

fsim4liffee

Re: New Terminal & Control Tower
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 01:47:41 pm »
 I am really excited to hear FSDT is working on KCLT for FS2020. It will be a day one purchase for me. Thank you for your efforts.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 05:40:23 pm »
I am really excited to hear FSDT is working on KCLT for FS2020. It will be a day one purchase for me. Thank you for your efforts.

Agreed...me too.  Same for KIAH (even more so).

tgycgijoes

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2021, 08:58:03 pm »
 >:( Be nice of them to also schedule an update of Charlotte for FSX and P3D for all those of us who have supported their efforts to GET to do scenery for MSFS and who do not anticipate purchasing MSFS anytime soon.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2021, 01:03:19 am »
  for all those of us who have supported their efforts to GET to do scenery for MSFS

I'll never understand this logic, but it would be nice to have P3D updated. Although from the information regarding vram in case of PHNL, people with I think 8gb would encounter OOM because we run a lot of addons, so it'll be interesting. Can't even buy a gpu right now anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 12:00:46 pm »
I'll never understand this logic, but it would be nice to have P3D updated. Although from the information regarding vram in case of PHNL, people with I think 8gb would encounter OOM because we run a lot of addons, so it'll be interesting. Can't even buy a gpu right now anyway.

Exactly, I thought this logic was fairly easy to understand.

However, this was related to PHNL, which is a brand new scenery, made from scratch, fully PBR, that is consuming more VRAM than a traditional non-PBR scenery, and with several popular memory-consuming add-ons in the same area.

Nobody said we won't do a KCLT update for P3D. In fact, it's very likely we'll do it, like we did for the KORD V2 Runway update, which was made for MSFS and P3D, less than a month after the new runway opened.

In this case, since the scenery had a significant update, the update will be a V2 version, so it won't be free. But it will be cheap, and we offer a single purchase with a license shared between the MSFS and the P3D version, which worked very well for LFSB, since sales for it jumped as soon we offered the double license, which tells us even those of you who are sure they won't update to MSFS "anytime soon", eventually will.

hargetnj

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 10:46:14 pm »
Will the update also include some of the additional spots on the original A and B Concourse for wide-bodies? A4A, A8X, A12X, A11A/B, B9X, B13X, B16X, B12X.. Along with finished construction to the E Concourse. D could also use the additional spots.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 01:59:13 pm »
Nothing has been decided about a possible KCLT update for P3D. The scenery author is currently at work on KIAH for MSFS. If an P3D update will eventually appear, it will be a conversion from the MSFS version, so that will give you some idea how it will look like, with the obvious differences due to different graphic engine.