Author Topic: Cloud9 Support goes to FSDT...  (Read 19520 times)

ESzczesniak

Cloud9 Support goes to FSDT...
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:54:23 pm »
Well, what FSDT chooses to do with it is up to them.  However, I just receieved an e-mail from Cloud9 (well actually it came by way of FSDT) stating that all support will go to FSDT.  Included as part of this is that FSDT will make a uniform installer.  What makes me most hopeful is the last line of the e-mail though...

- Cloud9 has agreed to give FSDreamTeam the right to use part of the previously released Cloud9 products, to create entirely new versions, to be sold by FSDreamTeam

I am so hopeful that not only may we see an FSX version of LAX, but also AES compatibility of the FS9 version.  Truthfully I don't care if anything is changed on this scenery (it's great as it stands), but just want to be able to see it in FSX.  Of course, I understand that FSDT may not choose to do this.  Particularly since LAX sales for FS9 may not be much since most have already bought it.  Still, I'm ready to buy it all over again for FSX.  Anyway, just my hopeful rant.

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: Cloud9 Support goes to FSDT...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:55:54 pm »
Got the email too... It blew my mind. Virtuali, before we start going crazy here, would you mind an offical statement about what that email means for the future or shall we assume the email by it's words and FSDT now has the full right to... Add AES to existing C9 products or create new EHAM and KLAX sceneries now for FS9/FSX... ?

Because if so... This is GREAT news! :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:27:23 pm »
We obviously haven't made this agreement, just to support AES at KLAX...

However, nothing will now prevent us to do it but, it will fall into the "create new sceneries" part of the agreement so, in case we'll decide to remake KLAX, we'll try to make it compatibile with AES, but it will be a new product, not an update to the existing one.

And, of course, we can't even start *thinking* about new products, before we release everything we have in production right now. So, whatever new Cloud9 product we'll eventually decide to remake (IF we decide to remake one...), it will well into 2010 so, it's useless to discuss it right now.

So, for the time being, the only effect this agreement has, is that customers will have a single place (here) for support of FSDT and Cloud9 products. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:16:29 pm by virtuali »

Ray

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 09:42:34 pm »
I was really excited about this Email too. For a moment, I had high hopes I could purchase the Cloud9 Phantom through your system via PayPal, due to the lack of a credit card. Reading your post above, I suspect that this is not the case though. :-\

Besides that bummer, it looks like a great deal and beautiful prospect for FSDT and its customers.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 10:08:02 pm »
We obviously haven't made this agreement, just to support AES at KLAX...

However, nothing will now prevent us to do it but, it will fall into the "create new sceneries" part of the agreement so, in case we'll decide to remade KLAX, we'll try to make it compatibile with AES, but it will be a new product, not an update to the existing one.

And, of course, we can't even start *thinking* about new products, before we release everything we have in production right now. So, whatever new Cloud9 product we'll eventually decide to remake (IF we decide to remake one...), it will well into 2010 so, it's useless to discuss it right now.

So, for the time being, the only effect this agreement has, is that customers will have a single place (here) for support of FSDT and Cloud9 products. Nothing more.

Absolutely understandable and I'm not expecting LAX.  I'm just happy that it's now a possibility, even if on the distant horizon.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:38:37 pm »
Virtuali,

This is still very good news. For the time being, as you said, we have quite a few products on the horizon to look forward to. We don't even know what Hawaiian airports will follow PHNL which has me quite excited. So who knows what scenery we will be waiting for this time next year. Either way, it's official, my C9 KLAX is in the trash now that it won't be getting AES. So the next question is, will the other C9 sceneries get AES?

With the proposed new International Terminal for KLAX approved, I have a feeling sooner or later, FSDT will get there before another developer...

I would still like to buy the Pisa if you wouldn't mind reworking that one little jetbridge... As well as Regan! Pleeeeasssseeeeee.

Ok, Cheers! ;)

TWA Pilot

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 01:52:05 am »
Cloud9 and FSDreamteam together........one can only imagine the sceneries that will follow!! Great move by the both of you!!

Cheers,
Doug

skimmer

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 04:53:32 am »
It's gonna be hard to pick but I cant wait to see the choises . Also this should increase the forum members here. Oooooo
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:07:32 am by skimmer »

Silverbird

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 06:40:26 am »
Even with klax without aes I wouldn't throw in the trash to me its a work of art even after all these years what I hate the most is default airports so I love my cloud9 klax hopfully time, money, permitting and things are well, fsdt can remake klax or other sceneries.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

KingCat

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 11:01:52 am »
Here's my vote for a new version of KLAX for FSX with AES support!  :)

Jon

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 01:32:59 pm »
I was really excited about this Email too. For a moment, I had high hopes I could purchase the Cloud9 Phantom through your system via PayPal, due to the lack of a credit card. Reading your post above, I suspect that this is not the case though. :-\

Besides that bummer, it looks like a great deal and beautiful prospect for FSDT and its customers.
I too was really excited and hoping that I can now finally purchase Washington for FS9 using PayPal as I do for FSDT scenery but after installing it and trying to purchase it inside FS I am sad to say that it is still via the old C9 buying proceedure and that does not allow PayPal payments! :( Please please please is there anyway I can pay for this via PayPal as I do not have a credit card and do not wish to get one just for this.

Mark ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 02:17:44 pm »
The reason why Cloud9 products never allowed PayPal payments, it's because PayPal only allows purchases to go through their Web page so, it's not available using the integrated purchase process inside Flightsim, but only via Web store. Cloud9 never set up a Web store, that's why PayPal payments were not possible until now.

In the next weeks, we'll unify also the purchase procedure, and set up a Web store for Cloud9 products.

colinshi842

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 10:26:19 pm »
This is great news.  :D It gives FSDT an opportunity to make new sceneries and update the cloud9 ones. Perhaps FSDT should make the cloud9 products compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7 and with both fs9 and fsx instead of just 1. The cloud9 stuff was only compatible with Windows XP.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 10:59:02 pm »
Perhaps FSDT should make the cloud9 products compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7 and with both fs9 and fsx instead of just 1. The cloud9 stuff was only compatible with Windows XP.

All Cloud9 products runs fine under Vista.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 11:42:05 pm »
I agree/confirm, no problems with Vista  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1