Author Topic: Setup option for Pax Weight in GSX  (Read 3230 times)

torsten

Setup option for Pax Weight in GSX
« on: January 12, 2020, 11:00:40 am »
Hello,

since i use Prosim, i can not change the weight of a Passenger.
I know, there is a LVar, where i can set the amount of PAX for GSX, but it would be very much easyer if we can have
a option in the GSX Settings where we can set the Pax Weight.
I am not sure how GSX is calculating the PAX Number when we not use the LVar to set up the Pax number. I think+GSX has internal a Weight per Pax and calculates then
the number of pax for boarding/deboarding with this.

At the Moment i calculate the number of pax for boarding and deboarding with my little AddOn and then i set the LVar for the Pax number,
but if it is not too hard, it woulb be very nice if we can set the Weight in GSX Setup and then GSX can calculate the Pax number itself.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Setup option for Pax Weight in GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 08:09:17 pm »
I know, there is a LVar, where i can set the amount of PAX for GSX, but it would be very much easyer if we can have a option in the GSX Settings where we can set the Pax Weight.

I don't understand why you say it will be easier to set the passenger weight. The one and only reason to have a passenger weight to being with, is to let GSX arrive at a number of passengers. Since you CAN just set with an LVar the number of passenger, how setting the weight would any better or easier, considering you said you are already doing this ?

torsten

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 09:24:59 pm »
Hello,

yes, i explained too bad, sorry.

I know about the LVar and use it at the Moment with my little App to set the number of Pax which deboard/board from/to the Airplane via GSX.
But as far as i know, if you do not set the number of PAX via the LVar, GSX calculates the number of PAX internaly or not?

If yes it would be great if we can set up the weight for one Pax and GSX can calculate the number of Pax correctly.
The reason is, that prosim737, which i use, has a weight for one Pax of around 70Kg ( which is too less in my eyes, but it is not possible to change the weight in Prosim)

What weight is GSX using if i do not set the number of PAX via the LVar ?

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 09:37:25 pm »
But as far as i know, if you do not set the number of PAX via the LVar, GSX calculates the number of PAX internaly or not?

Only if the "Estimate passenger number" option is enabled.

The reason is, that prosim737

So, you mean you want to control the passenger number when NOT using your app ? Wouldn't be even better if Prosim could just send its own passenger number to GSX, same as GSX

What weight is GSX using if i do not set the number of PAX via the LVar ?

220 lbs, as explained in Pages 11 and 15 of the GSX manual, which is an industry standard of what a passenger + luggage usually weights. Since FSX/P3D aircraft modeling doesn't make any distinction between "pax" and "cargo" loading stations and it's not possible to know their kind, the most sensible approximation is using 220 lbs, which includes the passenger own luggage, as a rough average.

That's why, a product that doesn't take into account this issue, and might instead work with the weight of a passenger without his luggage, might not fit this logic, which in GSX could only work automatically by reading the overall weight of all loading station and dividing it by the number of passengers to do its ESTIMATE.

And that's why, the estimate itself can be disabled, and the actual pax number can be specified, either manually, or from the LVar. And if either of these options are used, the 220 lbs estimate won't matter anymore.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 01:32:04 am »
Ahh, ok i understand...

Thanks for explaining that.