Author Topic: GSX and FSLabs Payload  (Read 8459 times)

John Khan

GSX and FSLabs Payload
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:17:06 am »
Sorry if this is already posted, I have a vision disability which makes it difficult to read text.

When I set the Payload for the FSLabs Airbus in my P3D V4.5. everything shows up great. On the external views, Passenger and Baggage/cargo loading, but all the settings on the FMGC go back to zero except the crew, which shows 2/1.

I have had this for a long time and still after several GSX updates.

Any suggestions please?  ???

pete_auau

Re: GSX and FSLabs Payload
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 06:29:05 am »
Sorry if this is already posted, I have a vision disability which makes it difficult to read text.

When I set the Payload for the FSLabs Airbus in my P3D V4.5. everything shows up great. On the external views, Passenger and Baggage/cargo loading, but all the settings on the FMGC go back to zero except the crew, which shows 2/1.

I have had this for a long time and still after several GSX updates.

Any suggestions please?  ???

What flight  plan  addon do u use simbrief or pfpx?  do  you use  the  atsu   to  start  the loading  of  fuel  and  passengers

John Khan

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 12:19:34 am »
I use:

Simbrief and Navigraph Charts. Windows 10, P3d V4.5.13.32097.

I enter the payload and fuel quantities manually into the Options/Fuel and Payload sections before a flight. Not from any other source.

This worked fine before, until I think, one of the P3D V4 updates. Also given the time FSLabs take to update their aircraft.

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 01:42:21 pm »
have  you tried  using the  atsu method  of  loading and  still  get the  same  issues

John Khan

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 11:40:54 pm »
Uh, I don't know what the atsu method  is?

All I get when I try to find  that is the Australian Tennis Union, so probably not that.  ;D

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 01:42:28 am »
Uh, I don't know what the atsu method  is?

All I get when I try to find  that is the Australian Tennis Union, so probably not that.  ;D

sorry thought  you said  you had  the  fsl  320  series aircraft  anyway   everyone  that has  it  knows   what the  atsu is  and  what is used  for( is  to load the  aircraft  with  fuel,  passengers,   catering  etc  so what  ever you put  in simbrief   the  atsu  will load  that  to the  fsl)  it  a  menu  with in the  right  fmgc  unit.   If  you don't  know  how  to use  it  there  are  plenty of  utubes  out  there  best  one  is  by  "black box"

(  just to let  you know  there is  a std  bug  which  wont  clear  the  orange time  there  will be  a  fix  soon  in the  fsl forum)  there  are  workarounds   for  this  issues  but  if  you  don't  wont  to  do the  workarounds  just use  dec19  dates  in  your  sim   till they  release  a  fix  than the  fsl  will work as normal

so  maybe  this is  what  is  causing  your  isssues in the first place   try  using  the  dec  19  dates  to see   if  you get  the  same issues
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:52:25 am by pete_auau »

John Khan

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 08:56:03 am »
I do have the FSLabs A320 and A319 and have had them for a long time. I never knew about that other stuff as I never put passenger loading, fuel  or catering imto Simbrief. I always entered it manually into the right hand FMGC, and before it used to load fine. The fuel quantity never has a problrm. I use the fuel calculated by Simbrief.

As I mentioned, it is only fairly recently that the payload started gping back to zero, after I entered it manually and selected "Request boarding".

I'll have a go at it next time.

pete_auau

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 01:06:31 pm »
I do have the FSLabs A320 and A319 and have had them for a long time. I never knew about that other stuff as I never put passenger loading, fuel  or catering imto Simbrief. I always entered it manually into the right hand FMGC, and before it used to load fine. The fuel quantity never has a problrm. I use the fuel calculated by Simbrief.

As I mentioned, it is only fairly recently that the payload started gping back to zero, after I entered it manually and selected "Request boarding".

I'll have a go at it next time.

Simbrief  will automatically  add  passengers  and  cargo  weight  unless   you  set  them  to zero,  as I said  before in my last post  if  your  issues  have  just started  this  year is  due  to the  year2020 time  bug  in the  fsl in   a few  areas  of  loading  etc   so  if  you set  your  sim  time   back  to last years  date  being  dec19 and  see  if  you  still have  the  issues
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:09:45 pm by pete_auau »

John Khan

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 11:50:19 pm »
No, this started before 2020 began.

As I said, after some update of P3D and FSLabs, can't remember exactly. I am going through the YouTube video and will try it out.

It is very interesting, but a bit complicated, as he is talking about real operations, not flightsim.

I'll see how it goes, otherwise I will just load manually and not bother with GSX for loading, except for the Pushback when I usw the using the Airbus.

It does the unloading OK though

pete_auau

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 01:16:15 am »
No, this started before 2020 began.

As I said, after some update of P3D and FSLabs, can't remember exactly. I am going through the YouTube video and will try it out.

It is very interesting, but a bit complicated, as he is talking about real operations, not flightsim.

I'll see how it goes, otherwise I will just load manually and not bother with GSX for loading, except for the Pushback when I usw the using the Airbus.

It does the unloading OK though

what  he  shows  you  is  what  you can do on the  fsl  320 ,  you  know  that  you  got  pdf's(on  atsu  operation on how  to use  it,   a  tutorial on  a  basic  flight  etc  and  more)  with the  fsl  and  there  is  a tutorial  as well  best  if  you  follow the  tutorial if  all  fails   than  post  this  issue  on the  fsl  forum  where iam sure  norman  will figure  whats  wrong.  if it users error or  a bug  on your  system

John Khan

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 01:26:40 am »
OK thanks.

There are no bugs or errors on my system, it works very well.

I'll have a look at the tutorials and try to do it right. I do have a problem with pdfs as I have a vision disability which makes it hard and very slow to read heaps of text. Hopefully the videos will hwelp

Thanks for the opinions. I'll keep trying.

pete_auau

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 01:36:56 am »
OK thanks.

There are no bugs or errors on my system, it works very well.

I'll have a look at the tutorials and try to do it right. I do have a problem with pdfs as I have a vision disability which makes it hard and very slow to read heaps of text. Hopefully the videos will hwelp

Thanks for the opinions. I'll keep trying.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/24029-std-not-within-60-minutes/page/5/&tab=comments#comment-185167

don't  worry  I had  issues  as well the  first  time  I used  it,  after the  first  time  than everything  came  naturally  after it   more  you do it  the  easy it  becomes have  a  read  of the  link I sent

John Khan

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 02:00:02 am »
Thanks again

I have been using the FSL A320 for some years and am familiar with how to do it.

I have the plan from simbrief, entered into the Routes folder. Half the time when I try to initialise it I get the "INVALID UPLINK" message. So I enter the route, departure etc.

Then ATSU goes fine untiol I try to enter the STD, I ensure it is within 60 mins. and check Z time, but it keeps giving me a "STD NOT WITHIN 60 MINUTES" message

What the heck am I doing wrong?????????

pete_auau

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 08:50:01 am »
as I   posted  in a earlier  post in this  thread  and  posted  a  link  there is  a 2020  bug in the  fsl  which  hopefully  will be  a  fix,  2  ways  to  get  around  this  bug  the  easy  way is  to  put  your  sim  in the  2019   dec  date and  carry  on as  normal   or  you  can use the  clr  button  and  than line select  it  to  the  time  which  will clear  the  orange  std  time,  than  you need  to  press  the  oft  button  twice  to get  the  load  sheet  to  appear.  Its  all explained  on how  to get  around  this  bug  in the  fsl  forum

Thanks again

I have been using the FSL A320 for some years and am familiar with how to do it.

I have the plan from simbrief, entered into the Routes folder. Half the time when I try to initialise it I get the "INVALID UPLINK" message. So I enter the route, departure etc.

Then ATSU goes fine untiol I try to enter the STD, I ensure it is within 60 mins. and check Z time, but it keeps giving me a "STD NOT WITHIN 60 MINUTES" message

What the heck am I doing wrong?????????

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:52:07 am by pete_auau »

John Khan

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 12:28:51 am »
Oh sorry, I didn't realise that was the specific item you were referring to.

I can't change the date on the sim as some of the other things won't work is the date or even the time is not set correctly. I'll have to wait for the fix. It actually worked once but I have no idea how and can't get it to go again.

Will that be an FSDT or FSLabs fix?

Once the fix is done I'm sure it will be good as I think I can now handle the rest of it.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:35:13 am by John Khan »