Author Topic: Las Vegas video from ronaldcgriffin  (Read 10909 times)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Las Vegas video from ronaldcgriffin
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:07:17 pm »
Hi,

A very good HD video  8)

skimmer

Re: Las Vegas video from ronaldcgriffin
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
Yea,I'd say that was a very very good one. How the heck do they do that? ;D

Anders Bermann

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:26:27 pm »
Hehe! :-)
Besides from a quite powerful machine - what add-ons have been used to create that amazing video? :-D
Just curious...

Regards
Best regards, Anders

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »
Nice Video, Mr. Alessandro!  8)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

thepilot

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:50:14 am »
Hi,

A very good HD video  8)

Excellent video, in fact, among the very best I've ever seen for FS.
It looks extremely smooth, almost unreal, especially for FSX. Can the hardware he used really create this smoothness? Or was it speeded up in the post-processing?
The audio seems to be taken from a real plane, no?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:53:43 am by thepilot »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 10:10:23 pm »
It's a little dark, but very nice indeed. You see, when I see stuff like this, it makes me want FSX. I wonder what the system specs are and settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 10:14:31 pm »
It looks extremely smooth, almost unreal, especially for FSX. Can the hardware he used really create this smoothness? Or was it speeded up in the post-processing?

Reading through the comments, I've seen a post of the author that said it was all done in real time.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:04:30 pm »
It's a little dark, but very nice indeed. You see, when I see stuff like this, it makes me want FSX. I wonder what the system specs are and settings.

This is what his specs are:

CPU:(8-Thread)Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 12GB 1333MHZ N.Q Series
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express Dual DVI-I & TVO

Full specs:
Case: Thermaltake Spedo Full Tower Case w/ Side-panel Window

Power Supply Upgrade: 1100 Watts Power Supplies (1100 Watts Power Supplies (Tagan 1100W TG1100-BZ PipeRock Series Modular Power Supply))

CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ i7 920 @ 3.81GHz 8 MB cache LGA1366

Cooling Fan: Cyberpower Advanced WaterCooling Kit (Including Radiator, Pumping, Reservoir, CPU Block, Tubing, and Coolant)

Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard SAS Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394a, &7.1Audio

Memory: (Req.DDR3 MainBoard)(6x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Triple Channel Memory (G.SKILL NQ Series w/Heat Spreader

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express Dual DVI-I & TVO

OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

thepilot

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 06:35:47 pm »

Reading through the comments, I've seen a post of the author that said it was all done in real time.

I just found this video and it is not even half as smooth as the one above at the same specs.

If he says it was filmed in real time, and granted that's true, it would be kind of astonishing...

Alliano Ricot

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38:15 pm »
Sweet I love this Video and the ohter of the flight out of Lppt im hoping for more like KFLL or EGLL if he has the time and resources. :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 03:58:17 pm »
I just found this video and it is not even half as smooth as the one above at the same specs.

Impossible comparison: First, it's not the same scenery and, we don't know how the systems were set up, any tweaks used, which AI package was used, which programs ran in the background, how the video capture was made, which codec, what parameters, which resolution, etc. It's just too many variables, other than just having similar computer specs.

thepilot

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33:16 pm »
Yeah, the boundary conditions ought to be the same. I merely assumed it. It's the same processor as per title, could be the rest is the same, too.
The difference in terms of frame rate between the two videos is notable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »
The difference in terms of frame rate between the two videos is notable.

It's not so simple: even small things, like a change of the video frame rate, either during the capture or during the upload to youtube, might create issues like jerky motion to what might have been smooth on the user system.

Don't forget that Youtub encodes video usually at 24 or 25 fps, and a system like the one noted, shouldn't have any problems running FSX, even with good graphic quality, at those frame rates. Everything more is just wasted AND, it might even be worse. Basically: if you know you are encoding for video, if you are able to achieve a steady and locked 25 fps and this is the frame rate you'll use for your video, all the way from capturing to uploading, it will look WAY smoother than a similar video, but with a couple of fps conversions in between like, for example, running the sim a 26 fps, capturing at 24, then uploading to a service that converts to 25...

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 07:52:06 pm »

Impossible comparison: First, it's not the same scenery and, we don't know how the systems were set up, any tweaks used, which AI package was used, which programs ran in the background, how the video capture was made, which codec, what parameters, which resolution, etc. It's just too many variables, other than just having similar computer specs.

That's because it is the same dude
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »

If he says it was filmed in real time, and granted that's true, it would be kind of astonishing...

This guy  did a video when he was playing it in realtime and it was just as smooth.  But he had since removed the video, not sure why he did that though
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020