Author Topic: Problem Activation Scenery JFK V1  (Read 45704 times)

neo7994

Problem Activation Scenery JFK V1
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:01:55 am »
Good morning,

First of all, congratulations for your wonderful sceneries, JFK is fantastic...

Well, i purchased KJFK airport scenery V1 for FS9. My computer (on windows XP) with FS9 is not connected. I got my registration key by email
and i have find on your FAQ this link :  https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/
It is a méthod for Activate a license for a system that is not connected to the internet.
For this méthod, i have a question;  how and where can i find on w95 à " Computer ID " ?
I dont know exactly what is it...

In advance, Thank you for your support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem Activation Scenery JFK V1
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »
You must update the FS9 Addon Manager:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

The version included in the sceneries is outdated, and works only with Esellerate, that has closed at the end of September 2019

neo7994

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:42:19 am »

Hello, thank you for your quick reply yesterday.

I downloaded the new addon manager, I also checked that there is no Esellerate .DLL file on my system.
For memory my system is as follows:
windows 95, no internet connection, FS9.1, NOcd, antivirus and firewall disabled.

So, after installation, I restarted FS9 and got the following message:

"Flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software.  You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.  File: bglman.dll."

Of course, the JFK scenery is not activated, and the addon manager option is missing from the FS menu.
What do you think about that ?
I don't find help on the forum for this situation after the end of Esellerate ...

Cordially

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 02:02:30 pm »
windows 95, no internet connection, FS9.1, NOcd, antivirus and firewall disabled.

Windows 95, for real ? As far as I know, FS9 minimum requirement was Windows 98, even if I never seen anybody running under it. In any case, the minimum supported OS for FS9 is Windows 7 now.

neo7994

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 03:32:35 pm »

Windows 95, for real ? As far as I know, FS9 minimum requirement was Windows 98, even if I never seen anybody running under it. In any case, the minimum supported OS for FS9 is Windows 7 now.

Oupss...  sorry sorry  it's windows XP...
I must be very tired   :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 03:51:25 pm »
Oupss...  sorry sorry  it's windows XP...

Then I'm sorry, but I'm afraid it's not supported anymore.

We did our best to not abandon FS9 users after the Esellerate closure, and made the effort to update the FS9 Addon Manager to use the new activation system based on Soraco. Unfortunately, due to various dependencies on modern versions of libraries like .NET and other basic OS requirements, there's no way we would be able to make it running under XP too, let alone testing and supporting it.

Are you aware that, coming next January, even Windows 7 will be phased out entirely by Microsoft ? The normal support period for Windows 7 stopped in 2015, and in January 2020, even the extended will cease.

End of life for Microsoft, has obvious repercussions to what we can develop for. Using the latest MS compilers, which are mandatory to support the new simulators and Windows 10, results it's almost impossible to do something that still works on XP, and the same is valid for any interfacing with 3rd party libaries and services, which all requires newer and more secure OS.

neo7994

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 04:51:10 pm »

Ok, thanks Umberto for the explanation.

I had heard about the end of windows 7, all the PCs of my companies are actually being migrated ...

Personally I'm trying to keep alive a "dinosaur" (win XP) with FS9, I had invested so much time and money that I never had the courage to go to FSX. .

I understand that you can not invest on patches and updates for all these old versions that only concern a limited population.

Well, in conclusion, what do you advise me for my problem?
I hope that the retraction of the product will not be the only solution, it would be a pity, your scene is so beautiful.

cordially

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 06:47:30 pm »
Personally I'm trying to keep alive a "dinosaur" (win XP) with FS9, I had invested so much time and money that I never had the courage to go to FSX. .

If you are happy with FS9, there's no reason why you couldn't keep it, and just update to OS to Windows 10.

ajm

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 02:39:33 pm »
I am running FS9 under Windows7.  I have downloaded the demo of JFK and then bought it through Aerosoft.  I have also installed your update to addonmanager.  But your software is ignoring the activation key so that when I load FS9 I still get the demo message and the scenery goes off after 5 mins. Is there a solution or should I return it for a refund?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 12:55:45 pm »
But your software is ignoring the activation key so that when I load FS9 I still get the demo message and the scenery goes off after 5 mins.

Please clarify what do you mean with "your software is ignoring the activation key".