Author Topic: FS9 Addon Manager and Esellerate  (Read 2307 times)

tonygibb

FS9 Addon Manager and Esellerate
« on: July 08, 2023, 06:21:03 pm »
Since moving my FS9 to Windows 10 there has been very few problems. However, for some reason the FSDT sceneries went into trial mode. I cleared them out, did a fresh download from the website of the ones I have serials for and also cleared out any trace of esellerate from my folders and my registry. I then downloaded and activated the NEW FS9 addon manager from FSDT. I then started FS9, clicked on the addon manager and guess what...esellerate comes up again...and again...and again.

No matter how many times I clean out everything esellerate, remove FSDreamTeam products, download fresh from your website, install then install the new addon manager, esellerate comes up, and all sceneries are on 5 minute trials.

I have read every single thing about this on this forum and others, and it seems no one can post a simple instruction for making FSDreamTeam products on FS9 activate. The fact that this esellerate stuff comes up every time (and locks up the sim) means there has to be something somewhere activating it. If there are no links to esselerate in your FS9 sceneries, where on my computer would this be coming from?

Cheers

Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 Addon Manager and Esellerate
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 08:20:51 pm »
Please clarify what "Esellerate comes up" really means. There might be dialog box messages saying something like "Esellerate error", but that's just a text, it doesn't mean the program is really using Esellerate.

And, the Esellerate support is STILL there and used, we haven't removed it entirely, because if we had, it would automatically require a reactivation on the new system to everybody, even those that never changed hardware, "just" because we changed the system, this way an old PC that was never updated (typical for FS9 users), would continue to work with the local Esellerate activation he got when originally activated. This works, because our software *never* connects to the internet on its own, an online verification is required ONLY when changing hardware OR reinstalling Windows.

And in THIS case you'll need a NEW activation, and this one can only be done on QLM, because Esellerate is no more, their servers shuts down in October 2019.

tandccongos

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 06:57:30 pm »
I now have the same issue after my old PC croaked and had to buy a new one. How do I reactivate and what is QLM and how do I do this?

Jon_aus

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 07:27:50 pm »
Same, the installers dont work, the activation is ALWAYS required on startup. And little help is given here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 11:06:13 pm »
Be sure you don't run FS9 in any of the "Compatibility" modes, like XP or Vista, under Windows 10/11. This is a common reason why the activation is required at every startup.

Jon_aus

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 04:17:03 pm »
Be sure you don't run FS9 in any of the "Compatibility" modes, like XP or Vista, under Windows 10/11. This is a common reason why the activation is required at every startup.

Nope, I don't do that.