Author Topic: Jetways are turning to the opposite site in a strange way  (Read 2529 times)

thegreek

Jetways are turning to the opposite site in a strange way
« on: September 13, 2019, 01:43:04 am »
Hi there,
since the new update I have the same problem on every Airport with Jatways.
Everytime i choose to operate the Jetway, the Jetway turns suddenly and abrupt to the opposite site and maintains a very strange position.
When i choose then from the GSX Menu to board/deboard, a message comes up which says, "SODE connection lost" and after this another message, "SODE unavailbe, cant operate the Jetway"

I've tried several thinks such as, to reinstall GSX and after that, because it was unsuccessful, reinstall SODE, but the problem still exists.

At first i thought it has to be something to do with the files from cartayna, but then i tested it also on airports, which cartayna hasnt configured like the scenery of Sofia in Bulgaria (from vrcreations
). For this airport i have done it in the airport costomization of GSX by my self, so it cant be something related to cartayna's files.

Thank you very much!

Eg. The reinstallation was a clean deinstall and the installation of the programs again.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:35:00 am by thegreek »

thegreek

Re: Jetways are turning to the opposite site in a strange way
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 02:36:55 pm »
Seems that i have solved the Problem.
After many hours of trying different solution, i finally come up to determine, that the SODE dll.xml was corrupt. In the Platform-manager i've unregistred and register again sode in the sim.
After that everythink works fine again!
It was simple but i could see it.
So the problem was from SODE and had nothing to do with GSX.
But i am questioning, why this could happen...i dont know!

danielfs9

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 08:16:23 pm »
Hi, I have the same issue and I have tried to unregister then also to reinstall but so fat no help! Once I call the jetways or even the stair only, the jetway moves to opposite direction :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 10:11:42 am »
Hi, I have the same issue and I have tried to unregister then also to reinstall but so fat no help! Once I call the jetways or even the stair only, the jetway moves to opposite direction

As you can see from all posts about this issue, everybody fixed the problem by uninstalling/reinstalling SODE. Quoting from the last post:

After many hours of trying different solution, i finally come up to determine, that the SODE dll.xml was corrupt. In the Platform-manager i've unregistred and register again sode in the sim. After that everythink works fine again!It was simple but i could see it. So the problem was from SODE and had nothing to do with GSX.

And please, stop posting multiple identical messages, all your duplicate posts will be removed, and won't increase a bit your chance to get a reply.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 10:13:26 am by virtuali »

danielfs9

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 01:41:48 pm »
Hi,

I did that as well, reinstalling and installing SODE again, but it did not work for me. I even uninstalled and reinstalled GSX, also did not help.

The only thing I can come across is that all worked fine, then I installed ORBX LDDU and found this GSX for LDDU

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=207905

After the installation the jetways started to move opposite ways. So I removed all the files that came with that GSX and did verify files for the ORBX LDDU scenery, that actually puts back the original TERMINAL file in the scenery folder.
I have tried other airports as well RFS LDZA, MEGA EGLL but all the same.

I will try again the whole process and check also on SODE forum, but if you come across anything else, please let me know.

Thank you

p.s. I apologies for multiple posts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 07:40:25 pm »
I did that as well, reinstalling and installing SODE again, but it did not work for me.

I'm sorry but, the only thing sure, is that this fixed the problem for everybody that had it.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled GSX, also did not help.

Of course it didn't, since the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX ( which does *not* animated the jetways, SODE does )

The only thing I can come across is that all worked fine, then I installed ORBX LDDU and found this GSX for LDDU

Is this installing SODE as well ? That's the only possible reason why, installing this scenery, would affect other sceneries. In any case, that profile is very old, must have been made with the very first release of GSX L2, before we changed the way custom jetway logos were made, so all logo lines are not correct.

That scenery comes with SODE jetways from OrbX so, are you sue you need a 4 years old GSX profile for it ? Maybe the scenery didn't had SODE jetways back then, but now it has.

However, this profile, even if it's wrong, shouldn't cause problems to other sceneries, for sure. The only thing that could, is if the OrbX LDDU installer came with some SODE version, perhaps not the latest one, and downgraded or caused problems to it.

Again, this should be fixed by unininstalling SODE. Of course, I assume that you uninstall SODE, then go to DOWNLOAD the latest version, and install that one.

danielfs9

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 11:57:33 pm »
Hi,

So I did a fresh new install and now it finally works. Thank you for your help and sorry for the hustle..

Best regards,