Author Topic: GSX 2.7 issues  (Read 4339 times)

nosar77

GSX 2.7 issues
« on: September 08, 2019, 11:36:01 am »
Of course with a new update there will be slight problems.

1. As seen in the attached pictures the pushback view is way too zoomed out. and i cannot change the zoom with any of the controls in P3D or CP.

EDIT: figured out how to zoom the camera. that all fine.

2. I would hope you update the GSX documentation so users can figure out how to properly use the update as there is not documentation that i could find about the new mode.

Thanks

Rason Bryant
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 11:42:17 am by nosar77 »

Astro_liam

Re: GSX 2.7 issues
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:56:21 pm »
The manual has been updated page 47+ explains it all

simtom

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 06:13:30 pm »

And how do you update the manual? I ran the Live Updater but my manual still says version 2.6.0.0.

Astro_liam

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:18:58 pm »

And how do you update the manual? I ran the Live Updater but my manual still says version 2.6.0.0.

Same version as me, as I say page 47-50 explains the new custom pushback

simtom

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 06:23:52 pm »
Same version as me, as I say page 47-50 explains the new custom pushback

I see that but it doesn't explain how to exit and save the path you've set. And I think this is more related to the stuff that was added previously.

I really hate it when products gets updated and you just have to figure it out on your own. I mean, just a simple YouTube video is all that we got (and it doesn't even provide instructions on how to use this).

Lucky67

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 08:14:53 pm »
Indeed, those mentioned pages clearly state it 's all about release 2.6 and don't give any clue on how to manage and start the pushback, the video by Umberto on Youtube does not help as well.
I am sure Umberto will soon  clarify.

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 09:52:22 pm »
I did a complete uninstall of v2.6 and a clean install of 2.7. The manual is for 2.6 with a release date of 6-17-2019.  Please advise where to get the 2.7 manual for download.  Thanks.

Beat578

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 09:04:55 am »
As far as I know, because the Pushback is still work in Progress (there will be a complete new Push and Tow system) they did not yet finished the documentation, because they would have to to the work twice. As everywhere in the Editor, with "y" you can "save and exit" anything you customized also in the pushback. More will come soon I am sure, but mabe after the new system has been fully implemented.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 10:33:07 am »
The manual hasn't been updated with the new QuickEdit Pushback function.

However, if the issue it's just knowing which KEYS you should use, they are exactly the same keys used in the normal Custom Pushback editor, which are indicated in the manual, and the camera keys are the standard keys used by the simulator so, an updated manual, when controls are discussed, would probably just say "they controls are the same used by the standard editor".

In addition to that, the controls themselves are the same as in Slew mode so, assuming you haven't changed them, they are:

- Arrows NumPad keys to move the selected object, which can be either the final pushback position or the Corner node. With P3D4.4+ you can click the mouse to set it.

- 1 or 3 NumPad keys to rotate the final pushback position. F7/F8 will rotate it faster, at snapped angles. With P3D4.4+ you can rotate with the Mouse Wheel.

- Y key exits and continue with the pushback.

w6kd

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:37 pm »
I've seen some chatter suggesting that it's possible to add additional corner nodes...is that true, and if so, how?

Regards

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 12:41:34 am »
I've seen some chatter suggesting that it's possible to add additional corner nodes...is that true, and if so, how?

If you are referring to another post here, a user asked, and I replied it's a feature that will come with future updates.