Author Topic: Misaligned taxi lines?  (Read 10073 times)

Mike...

Misaligned taxi lines?
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:20:07 am »
I'm checking out the trial and the start location (27R) is right on top of what appear to be misaligned taxi lines. See the attached capture. I checked Google Earth and it looks pretty well matched up there. Is this by design?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Misaligned taxi lines?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 03:31:35 am »
I'm checking out the trial and the start location (27R) is right on top of what appear to be misaligned taxi lines. See the attached capture. I checked Google Earth and it looks pretty well matched up there. Is this by design?

Yes. It is by design. Not that we misaligned intentionally, of course, just that a conversion between flat meters and longitude/latitude, which happens when going from the Gmax source file into Flight sim, doesn't always result in absolute precision, which (incidentally) it's less for a scenery like KFLL, which is much closer to the equator than, let's say, Zurich, so the rounding errors are more noticeable. We might have another look but, without checking first, I can't say if it can be improved further or not.

Mike...

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:07 am »
Thanks, this is really the only misalignment that stands out and bothers me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:10:21 am »
Thanks, this is really the only misalignment that stands out and bothers me.

Well, this is good because, it probably means it might be corrected.

Mike...

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 01:04:48 pm »
There may be two more on the south side of the 9L holding zone. The two "v-shaped" striped thingies or whatever they're called.

I think the three combined are most noticeable since you may spend some time there in the departure queue.

Mike...

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:18:14 pm »
Just dropped by in another thread and that made me wonder about this topic, is there an update on the horizon?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:22:36 pm »
There's nothing new to say about this.

It's not a major problem, we'll probably look at it after the first two Hawaii sceneries will be released, since the developers is the same.