Author Topic: Post GSX PBR Update KDFW Elevation Issues  (Read 2617 times)

bhorv67

Post GSX PBR Update KDFW Elevation Issues
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:19:18 am »
Prior to the GSX PBR Update, I had no elevation issues at KDFW. Now, all the gates are 50-60' off the ground, and there appears to be ground textures at the wrong elevation.
I had made adjustments in the GSX Level 2 control panel to KDFW prior to the GSX PBR update. Not sure if there is a conflict, which is causing this issue.

I've also run the Orbx vector AEC auto-script, which didn't help.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Post GSX PBR Update KDFW Elevation Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 10:14:18 am »
Nothing in the PBR update can possibly make any difference to the jetway elevation, let alone to KDFW itself, which hasn't changed at all.

OrbX sceneries are known to cause endless problems and, to try to fix them, we added a setting in GSX long ago ( way before the PBR update ) which is the "Ground Elevation" parameter in the scenery customization page, the top right with a small airplane icon. Click that and see if jetways goes back to normal.

However, some of the problems caused by OrbX cannot be fixed this way, and require the airport to be explicitly excluded from their AEC utility, which I don't know if it has finally updated to support sceneries installed using the add-on.xml method.

And, some of the problems caused by OrbX require a specific fix made by OrbX. They have fixes for KLAS, but I have no idea if one for KDFW is available, or even needed.

bhorv67

Re: Post GSX PBR Update KDFW Elevation Issues
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 06:31:24 pm »
Thanks - exactly, there should have been nothing in the pbr update to affect elevation changes.

What I did was exclude kdfw manually in the orbx aec utility, and on the next flight I did into kdfw, everything is normal. Same on spawn into dfw, all normal. The gates reverted back to their normal positions. I didn't have to use the gsx elevation tweak.

PBR update looks fantastic. Appreciate all the work.

Only comment I have so far, is if there would be a way to make the baggage vehicles and loaders aware of the other gates and obstacles. They still drive through other objects (including the plane I'm using) to get to their mark. Sometimes I'll see the bag vehicles driving in circles randomly. It's not a big deal, I'm sure this is some challenging scripting to write.