Author Topic: GSX is not working after update  (Read 26328 times)

Martyjr

Re: GSX is not working after update
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 05:24:38 pm »
Is this it?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:58 pm »
Yes. However, you keep sending screenshots, instead of posting the actual file, ZIPPED, as I asked. So I cannot check the whole file, to be sure it's the last version.

Martyjr

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 05:46:38 pm »
Yes. However, you keep sending screenshots, instead of posting the actual file, ZIPPED, as I asked. So I cannot check the whole file, to be sure it's the last version.

I did send the file (not zipped) , renamed as a txt file which you can click on and open it right now.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 05:47:47 pm »
The file is correct, so it's not possible you are still getting the same error as in your previous log. Are you sure you are still getting the *same* error ?

Martyjr

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 06:01:55 pm »
The file is correct, so it's not possible you are still getting the same error as in your previous log. Are you sure you are still getting the *same* error ?

Just did another test of KJFKv2 (error txt file also).

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 06:03:29 pm »

I'm sorry, but that error simply cannot happen now with the file you have. Are you SURE you ran the Live Update ?

Martyjr

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 06:05:11 pm »

I'm sorry, but that error simply cannot happen now with the file you have. Are you SURE you ran the Live Update ?

I previously showed you a screenshot of the completed live update.

Got a screenshot of a test flight into KJFK 6-18-19 before the current Live update all was ok>

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:14:06 pm by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 06:20:47 pm »

As I've said, it's possible that happened during or before the Cloudflare outage, and you might have possible got outdated files because of this. We don't know what really happened, so it's possible they might have lost some of the updates we sent.

Could you please try again now ?

Martyjr

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 06:39:49 pm »

As I've said, it's possible that happened during or before the Cloudflare outage, and you might have possible got outdated files because of this. We don't know what really happened, so it's possible they might have lost some of the updates we sent.

Could you please try again now ?

Sure:

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2019, 06:41:40 pm »
I'm sorry, but it's simply not possible you would see that error. The error message is very clear: the program is trying to load this object from your JFK .INI file

FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO_HSBC

Do you see this name ANYWHERE in the .INI file for JFK you sent before ?

RocoTobbs

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2019, 08:10:35 pm »
Just did a fresh installation and the problem still exist with "Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error...." Also the jetways are seen my FSDT KJFK and KFLL scenery but no terminal buildings. I also tried to revert to the previous version (v2.5.0.0) but during installation it updates to your updated version (v2.6.0.0). Please note I do not have any customize GSX .ini files for those sceneries.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:47:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2019, 08:50:31 pm »
Just did a fresh installation and the problem still exist with "Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error...." Also the jetways are seen my FSDT KJFK and KFLL scenery but no terminal buildings. I also tried to revert to the previous version (v2.5.0.0) but during installation it updates to your updated version (v2.6.0.0). Please note I do not have any customize GSX .ini files for those sceneries.

I can only repeat and confirm the problem cannot possibly happen, unless you have another .INI file in use.

I'll repeat it again: the error message is very clear: the program is trying to load this object from your JFK .INI file

FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO_HSBC

Do you see this name ANYWHERE in the .INI file for JFK you sent before ?

The only possible reason I can think of, is that you sent an .INI file taken from your Addon Manager folder, but GSX is not installed *there* and is not running from *there*

And not only that. We FIXED this problem so, regardless of which .INI file you use, the error won't appear anymore. The fix is already online on the Live Update so again, it just cannot happen with either .INI.

RocoTobbs

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2019, 11:57:25 pm »
 Couatl constantly gives unrecoverable error in P3Dv4.5 after restartin it, which is annoying. If one stops couatl the terminals and jetways disappear. I have searched for the *.ini files for KJFK and KFLL which there is none in the C:\.....\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX folder. I would like to revert to the previous version but your installer automatically update during installation. If you find the location of the other .ini file as you indicated, then otherwise your software needs looking at. It also affects all airports that uses Jetways and GSX services.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2019, 02:21:34 am »
As explained in several other threads:

- This problem with the jetway logo in existing .INI files causing an error at start ONLY affected FSX or P3D1/2/3. Or P3D4, but ONLY if the "Disable RTT" option was *checked* (NOT default) in the Addon Manager.

- The problem has already fixed in the current Live Udpate so, regardless of the sim used or the INI file used, it won't happen anymore

RocoTobbs

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2019, 06:01:38 am »
Still no luck although doing recent updates twice.  The recent update does not work on my system and no matter what FSDT or payware airport I load up in P3Dv4.5, I am constantly getting the Couatl Scripting Errors. I have uninstall the program until there is a complete fix.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:54:30 pm by RocoTobbs »