Author Topic: GSX PBR Update  (Read 97124 times)

ahmadjie80

Re: GSX PBR Update
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2019, 09:35:43 pm »
????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2019, 09:39:20 pm »
I cannot replicate this problem, which seems to happen only with the PMDG 737. Have you checked if the refuel point under the wing is set correctly ?

Kevin_28

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2019, 10:11:27 pm »
Had that issue occur with the PMDG 737 and at LatinVFR KSNA. At other airports, with the same plane it wasn't a problem, so my guess would be that it's something dealing with the airport scenery(?). Not sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2019, 10:13:45 pm »
Had that issue occur with the PMDG 737 and at LatinVFR KSNA. At other airports, with the same plane it wasn't a problem, so my guess would be that it's something dealing with the airport scenery(?). Not sure.

Try to fix the airport altitude in GSX, by clicking the small airplane icon where it says "Ground Elevation", then Restart Couatl and try again.

simtom

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2019, 10:36:11 pm »
Is your K:\FSX the folder where FSX is installed into ?

No, that's just a directory I made myself where most of my addons are installed (Active Sky, Envtex, GSX, ...). There is no simulator installed in that directory. I'm also using P3D v4.5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2019, 10:39:44 pm »
No, that's just a directory I made myself where most of my addons are installed (Active Sky, Envtex, GSX, ...). There is no simulator installed in that directory. I'm also using P3D v4.5.

Ok, then try this: instead of installing inside K:\FSX\GSX, try something else, like K:\FSX\FSDT, I have a suspect that, if it's confirmed, might lead to the solution of the problem.

Anthony96

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2019, 10:47:46 pm »
thx for the great product love it
Anthony G

simtom

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2019, 11:21:26 pm »
Ok, then try this: instead of installing inside K:\FSX\GSX, try something else, like K:\FSX\FSDT, I have a suspect that, if it's confirmed, might lead to the solution of the problem.

I was actually going to try that but thought "nah, that can't be it". Turns out it WAS that what was causing the installation issues. I guess this is due to the fact that there is an GSX folder inside the installation directory? Thanks for the help!

Now I just need to figure out how to use the dual jetways at KLAS (FlyTampa). This might be off-topic (and not something you can comment on) but any ideas why SODE says it can't find any jetways?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2019, 11:28:08 pm »
I was actually going to try that but thought "nah, that can't be it". Turns out it WAS that what was causing the installation issues. I guess this is due to the fact that there is an GSX folder inside the installation directory?

That was my suspicion, and it seems to be the case indeed. We only need to check for this in the Updater, to not be confused by it.

simtom

« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2019, 12:37:02 am »
That was my suspicion, and it seems to be the case indeed. We only need to check for this in the Updater, to not be confused by it.

I'm glad we were able to solve this issue. Maybe you could add a warning to the installer about not installing it in a folder called "GSX"? Or a check that can be made by the installer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2019, 01:21:27 am »
I'm glad we were able to solve this issue. Maybe you could add a warning to the installer about not installing it in a folder called "GSX"? Or a check that can be made by the installer?

That would be a crude hack, and in the time I add that message, I could fix the issue entirely. You must understand that, in software development, the real challenge is NOT fixing bug, is finding bugs and being able to replicate them.

Once a bug can be replicated, it's usually very easy to fix it, especially in this case, when we are dealing with an external program that doesn't have to interact with anything, other than its own files and folders.

The Update Updater is Online now so, there are no problems anymore to install into a folder with "GSX" in it.