Author Topic: GSX PBR Update  (Read 97173 times)

Melle

Re: GSX PBR Update
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2019, 10:30:15 pm »
Thanks for trying to find out what this issue could be, for now I guess I will have to use default P3D pushback :(

Woodrow

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2019, 10:32:13 pm »
I've sent you a PM for teamview. Thanks.

urban_fox27

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2019, 10:33:24 pm »
virtuali

i look forward to our session.

Melle

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2019, 10:51:05 pm »
In the sim I get this error all the time I request something from GSX https://i.imgur.com/PkgUEq6.png

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2019, 11:02:15 pm »
In the sim I get this error all the time I request something from GSX
https://i.imgur.com/PkgUEq6.png

You should post the error log itself, not the screenshot that suggest you to open it.

Melle

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2019, 11:12:42 pm »
I am sorry, I Will add that tommorow. I believe iT began with the build:1431

AFS

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 12:43:43 am »
SOLUTION to the problem that GSX does not work anymore!

Dear Virtuali,

even if you do not like it, you have a serious bug in your Live Update feature, sorry!

I have GSX and GSX Level 2, running with P3D 4.5.
Until the update, everything ran smoothly, including all the utilities such as UT-Live, Opus FSI, REX Sky Force 3D, REX Environment Force, Chaseplane, etc.

After the update, GSX did NOT run anymore. The only program that gets started is the Couatl engine. After several hours of work, I had to notice the following:

1) the update on a workinging installation does not work.
2) a complete reinstall via the web is not working.
3) a reinstallation with the following files from the saved GSX installer (Folder Documents):

gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe
    gsx_p3d4_setup2-1.bin
    gsx_p3d4_setup2-2.bin
    gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin
    gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin

is working!

However, you have to cancel the live update IMMEDIATELY or install WITHOUT an Internet Connection!!! Likewise, after launching P3D, once it is fully loaded, you must disable also IMMEDIATELY the Live Update in the add-on menu if you have a established Internet Connection!

WHY?

Well, the basic mistake happens during the live update.
In the folder "... \ Addon Manager \ couatl \ GSX" IMMEDIATELY after the start of the update ALL files, there are not into a subfolder situated, are deleted and not restored. As a result, ALL files required by GSX are missing. See my screenshots.

I have to prove the truth.

1) After the first or 2nd update (Web) was unsuccessful I completely copied the folder "AddonManager" and saved it under a different name (Addon_01)
2) I removed completely (uninstalled) the GSX-installation.
3) then I reinstalled GSX, as described above under 3), with an interrupted web connection (to prevent the automatic update).

4) Then I compared the contents of the "two" folder GSX (newly installed with copy).
I realized that the main difference lies in the files , they where not situated in subfolders. When reinstalling they were present, after the "update" not.

5) I noticed this especially, because suddenly the shortcuts originally created on the desktop to the "\ Addon Manager \ couatl \ GSX \ GSX Level 2 Control Panel.exe" as well as to the file \ Addon Manager \ couatl \ GSX \ GSX_manual. pdf " suddenly stopped working, indicating that this file no longer exists.

6) I then copied the content of the AddonManager from the "Live Update" over the installation and only let the files, that were not equal or not yet existed to write.
After launching P3D, "voila", everything works fine.

So the mistake is clearly that the files for GSX, e.g. "MetroFramework.dll" or "__init __. Pye" are deleted by the Update but not reinstalled.

I'm sorry, but this time the bug is NOT the systems of the users or any other reasons that are beyond the control of GSX, but the faulty Live Update feature.

Nevertheless, "many thanks" for the wonderful update, but please fix this error.

Greetings from Vienna
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:52:12 am by AFS »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 12:53:52 am »
I'm sorry, but this time the bug is NOT the systems of the users or any other reasons that are beyond the control of GSX, but the faulty Live Update feature.

I'm sorry, but you haven't proved anything. You only proved the Live Update didn't work on YOUR system but that doesn't automatically mean it's a bug of the Live Update. It's just there's something in YOUR system that is not standard that we haven't anticipated in the update.

Clear proof of this, if there was really a bug in the Live Update, it would affect EVERYBODY, like 100% of the users.

As I've said, several times by now, I'm available to anybody that wants to have a Teamviewer session, to find out what is DIFFERENT in YOUR system, so I could update the Live Update to deal with an abnormal situation.

An example, we just found there was a problem with the updater if there were empty registry keys from simulators that were NEVER installed and the problem was caused by... guess what, the famous dangerous P3D Migration Tool, that left empty keys for version of the sim which were never there.

This is an easy to understand example of a NOT NORMAL situation the Updated wasn't prepared to defend itself from and, of course, as soon we found it, we updated it to fix it but, again, it wasn't a "bug" in our code, it was just a line of defense missing from that abnormal situation.

I'm more than willing to discover the abnormal situation in YOUR system, so we can add another special case to deal with emergencies. PM to arrange a TM session if it's ok for you.

a340500

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 04:03:38 am »
Hi,

I have P3Dv4.5 and FSDT live update did not work. So did the following
1. I downloaded the full installer of GSX Level 2 for P3d (gsx_p3d4_setup),
2. Disabled Firewall and Antivirus software
3. Ran the installer. Clicked on Completed to end the installation once it finished.
4. Ran the FSDT updater once again as a few FSDT airports and bits of other stuff were updated.
5. Opened P3D, loaded a default flight. Let the aircraft sit on the runway for a few mins then opened Addon Manager and Disabled RTT.

All good so far. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
M

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:30:02 am by a340500 »

PC Pilot

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2019, 04:07:29 am »
Thanks for posting.

How do you turn off RTT? Before or after installing? If before, how?

And thanks for the antivirus reminder.

ahmadjie80

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2019, 05:18:50 am »
I have done everything, but everything has not worked.........please what to do now

a340500

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2019, 05:26:43 am »
Thanks for posting.

How do you turn off RTT? Before or after installing? If before, how?

And thanks for the antivirus reminder.

After installing everything, open P3D, load a flight with default aircraft at any airport and set the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager settings.
Have updated my previous post with steps in sequence.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:30:46 am by a340500 »

KenrickPollock

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2019, 06:12:21 am »
A support for Carenado’s ATR Hotel Mode in the up-coming fixes and updates would be nice

Renoi71

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2019, 08:13:55 am »
Hello Support

I am having a problem with the latest update "PBR"
I can not configure the jetway ... I can not select the model of jetway, the markings on the ground, nor the logos and all the other options ...
I can just configure bridges ... can you help me?
I am under FSX ACC SP2
Thank you.

ahmadjie80

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2019, 08:40:58 am »
SOLVED...after tired thinking what this happens, I found my solution, before GSX LVL2 installation on D: drive, and I always change the folder while installing, then error always come, so decide to change the installation on default C: drive, so no problem, all good including  services