Author Topic: GSX PBR Update  (Read 97166 times)

ahmadjie80

Re: GSX PBR Update
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2019, 07:29:59 pm »
Hi again Virtuali, I have also followed your instructions, uninstalled GSX and addon manager as suggested.
Disabled anti virus, Run the setup as admin, and I get exactly the same result, as per the screenshots, removing files not found etc, live update does not work, No GSX menu when pressing CTRL-F12, nothing at all.
Presently restoring a previously saved backup, taken before the update.
Your help with a solution is still requested.
Martin.
same with me....

PC Pilot

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2019, 07:42:55 pm »
Same here . . .

Installed using the "FSDT Live Update".

Restarted PC, started simulator, and all jetways are completely gone. The FSDT GSX Control panel no longer works (says it can't find the file) so I cannot even restore the default jetways. Ctrl-F12 doesn't work either.

It was working great until the update. In the past, the full installer caused issues with the PMDG 777 at least for me but I was able to correct.  I will try to uninstall but I suspect that it might not work since the program can't find the control panel file.

And I am assuming at this point I probably lost all of my customizations for some of my airports? Especially if the fix is to uninstall and reinstall . . . what a pain if that is the case.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:48:07 pm by PC Pilot »

Melle

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2019, 08:12:10 pm »
Hello,

I tried a full reinstall however as soon as cuatl live update starts I get this error: https://i.imgur.com/OGi56cR.png
Translation: the object reference is not set to an instance of an object

any idea's what this could be and how i can fix this?

Kind regards,

Melle

PC Pilot

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2019, 08:24:16 pm »
I just completed a full uninstall, reinstall and the result is the same. No jetways. Period. Not even the default ones. And again, the FSDT GSX Control panel doesn't work so there's no way to restore the default jetways (at least not that I'm aware of). Unfortunately, I did not think to create a restore point before attempting to update and although I don't want to use a backup image of my hard drive it appears that is the only way I am going to be able to restore the problems this latest GSX update has caused.

In hindsight, I should have checked the forums first to see how many problems the update created before running it on my PC. Lesson learned.

I have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully a solution will be forthcoming quickly but until then I feel like the sim is ruined as it won't even display some of the default items (jetways, etc.).

Woodrow

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2019, 09:17:01 pm »
Hi again Virtuali, I have also followed your instructions, uninstalled GSX and addon manager as suggested.
Disabled anti virus, Run the setup as admin, and I get exactly the same result, as per the screenshots, removing files not found etc, live update does not work, No GSX menu when pressing CTRL-F12, nothing at all.
Presently restoring a previously saved backup, taken before the update.
Your help with a solution is still requested.
Martin.
same with me....

urban_fox27

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2019, 09:20:41 pm »
Hi Everyone, i know i am not the only person to be having problems here,
i first saw the update for GSX when i opened up p3d v4.5, i updated automatically, however since then GSX has stopped working.
so i did a complete uninstall of GSX went to the FSdreamteam website re-downloaded the package that was for p3d v4.5 waited for it to download, installed the software, and when it went to live update , it started removing files cause the program couldn't be found, now when i open up p3d v4.5, there is no GSX icon in the tools bar everything else is there but no GSX.
Even Ctrl+F12 does not work anymore. 

just like everyone else, were all having the same problem, i think Fsdreamteam need sort this quick.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:36:16 pm by urban_fox27 »

tstemmer

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2019, 09:27:30 pm »
Same here, when clicking on OK, the installer proceeds, but no idea whether something is now missing.

… and the same error here!

Woodrow

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2019, 10:05:30 pm »
Same here . . .

Installed using the "FSDT Live Update".

Restarted PC, started simulator, and all jetways are completely gone. The FSDT GSX Control panel no longer works (says it can't find the file) so I cannot even restore the default jetways. Ctrl-F12 doesn't work either.

It was working great until the update. In the past, the full installer caused issues with the PMDG 777 at least for me but I was able to correct.  I will try to uninstall but I suspect that it might not work since the program can't find the control panel file.

And I am assuming at this point I probably lost all of my customizations for some of my airports? Especially if the fix is to uninstall and reinstall . . . what a pain if that is the case.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2019, 10:07:42 pm »
If you cannot run the GSX Control Panel or the Live Updater, there's likely something missing in your Windows installation. The programs require at least .NET 4.6.1, which should be installed on a normally updated Windows ( latest version is 4.7.2 ).

As explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21106.msg143949.html#msg143949

try to download it separately:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net461

Download the "Runtime" installer

urban_fox27

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2019, 10:11:36 pm »
i already have the latest https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net461, still no joy.

previous GSX before the update worked fine,then the update came and no joy at all, its not our systems, it GSX and the installer.

Melle

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2019, 10:15:16 pm »
That did not do the trick for me https://i.imgur.com/IgBaQqp.png
This version of framework or a more recent one has already been installed.

Woodrow

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2019, 10:16:20 pm »
i already have the latest https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net461, still no joy.

previous GSX before the update worked fine,then the update came and no joy at all, its not our systems, it GSX and the installer.
Just did this as well and no joy :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2019, 10:19:07 pm »

Why, when just a few users (out of ten of thousands) report a problem, it's always the same "it's not our systems, it's the GSX installer" story, before even knowing what REALLY is ?

It's SURELY your system, the only fault of the installer, is that it hasn't anticipate which problem you have in your system to take appropriate actions to defends itself against it or, at least, issue some kind of warning. The program has been in Beta for MONTHS, by more than 30 different testers and, of course, none of them has reported anything like that or, do you really think we would release something that just "doesn't work" ?

So yes, it IS your system, and we'll find out what it is and, exactly like every time this happens, will turn out it's nothing that has anything to with us.

If it's ok for you, we can have a Teamviewer session, so I could check on your system what's missing. Send me a PM if it's ok for you.

urban_fox27

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2019, 10:23:06 pm »
so your telling me that my system is at fault even tho before the update GSX worked fine, but after the update now its my system that is wrong, i dont think so.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2019, 10:28:08 pm »
so your telling me that my system is at fault even tho before the update GSX worked fine, but after the update now its my system that is wrong, i dont think so.

Fact the previous GSX worked doesn't mean anything.

The new one requires newer version of the system libraries, like .NET and if they are missing/corrupted on YOUR system it won't work. And there are more new dependencies from other libraries ( the new licensing system, for example) which also depend on some version of .NET too.

So again, it IS your system and we WILL find it out what it is. And yes, fact other people have the same problem, simply means they are missing the same component, which we don't know yet what it is, but we'll find out for sure.

I'll reply to your PM about setting up a Teamviewer session, if you are available.