Author Topic: KORD V2 preview  (Read 25446 times)

finchkh

Re: KORD V2 preview
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 06:37:42 pm »
Thanks for the update, this is looking very encouraging.

It was good to get the background info about all the time-consuming steps that go into this, an excellent rationale for why this seems to be taking so long. Anyone who's waited an hour or two for a five-minute video to render will understand.

I think this also introduced new techniques to master that will be applicable in updating existing products and introducing new ones; I think there was a lot more in play here than updating KORD, which is great.

Recently, I updated my P3DV4.5 navaid database (https://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html); ILSes suddenly lined up correctly with the runways at KORD. Using the native P3D installed database, there was always an offset to the 4s ILSes, for example.

Will P3D mesh properly with the updated navaids database, are you baking the current navaid data into your code, or are you using the LM P3D install database, now a few years out of date? Either option one or two, please... (grin)

Great work and looking forward to an imminent release if I'm reading this correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 09:36:14 pm »
Will P3D mesh properly with the updated navaids database, are you baking the current navaid data into your code, or are you using the LM P3D install database, now a few years out of date? Either option one or two, please... (grin)

The scenery will of course fully updated, including all the required navaids and approaches.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 06:25:39 pm »
Happy summer!! According to YouTube, you mentioned that it would be released in 2018. Now 2019 is half way to 2020... Any idea when it will be released??? (Biting my nails!!)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 11:43:29 pm »
Happy summer!! According to YouTube, you mentioned that it would be released in 2018. Now 2019 is half way to 2020... Any idea when it will be released??? (Biting my nails!!)

When it's ready. You want it before it is ?

Ok, that's the standard reply. The more accurate reply is:

It's almost done, but we'll release the GSX PBR Update first, together with the required software update to support the new store after the Esellerate closure, and we don't want to mix up this with the O'Hare release, since we are *sure* something might not work perfectly right at first, so we don't want to mess up the O'Hare release with the likely tune-up post release we'll have to do when moving on the new store. We are trying to make the transition as seamless as possible for users, and that requires care.

But I'm fairly sure O'Hare will release sometime in July.

pvupilot

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2019, 09:50:05 pm »

When it's ready. You want it before it is ?

Ok, that's the standard reply. The more accurate reply is:

It's almost done, but we'll release the GSX PBR Update first, together with the required software update to support the new store after the Esellerate closure, and we don't want to mix up this with the O'Hare release, since we are *sure* something might not work perfectly right at first, so we don't want to mess up the O'Hare release with the likely tune-up post release we'll have to do when moving on the new store. We are trying to make the transition as seamless as possible for users, and that requires care.

But I'm fairly sure O'Hare will release sometime in July.

Thank you for an honest ("more accurate reply") answer! Looking forward to both GSX and O'Hare!

Bigteeze

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 12:45:11 pm »
I've probably missed it somewhere, but which version of O'hare will this be? Will it be what O'hare currently is or what O'hare is scheduled to become which is what DD did I believe?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 05:18:03 pm »
I've probably missed it somewhere, but which version of O'hare will this be? Will it be what O'hare currently is or what O'hare is scheduled to become which is what DD did I believe?

It will be updated to today's status, which is obviously the most correct choice to use current charts. And of course, will be updated (for free) during its construction when the new runway will be completed, sometime in 2021.

We did something similar with KLAX, trying to be smart, and made the TBIT based on a future plan that wasn't completed in real life, and that didn't affect usability as releasing an airport not matching current charts would be. With KLAX, we hoped we wouldn't have to keep the airport updated for years, but we are not doing the same mistake for KORD, which WILL be followed on with constant updates.

Bigteeze

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 06:12:27 pm »

It will be updated to today's status, which is obviously the most correct choice to use current charts. And of course, will be updated (for free) during its construction when the new runway will be completed, sometime in 2021.

We did something similar with KLAX, trying to be smart, and made the TBIT based on a future plan that wasn't completed in real life, and that didn't affect usability as releasing an airport not matching current charts would be. With KLAX, we hoped we wouldn't have to keep the airport updated for years, but we are not doing the same mistake for KORD, which WILL be followed on with constant updates.

Great to hear, looking forward to release!

StarBlue

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2019, 06:18:32 pm »
Excited to see KORD is approaching release (Hopefully sometime in July as mentioned above).  I have DD's Chicago City but I am not so much a fan of their airports.  Do you know if it both KORD and DD Chicago City will co-exist nicely?

Thanks!
Jhan
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 01:31:03 pm »
Do you know if it both KORD and DD Chicago City will co-exist nicely?

We don't usually do anything outside the airport perimeter, for the precise reason that users might want to use other surrounding scenery enhancements, and doing this normally prevents much of the possibly compatibility issues.

Having said that, we only test using the default scenery, but the scenery will of course have a Trial, so you'll be able to see how well it works with other nearby products.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 06:32:10 pm »
Do you know if it both KORD and DD Chicago City will co-exist nicely?
I don't know why it wouldn't. It's just the city, which is separate from even their own airports.
Captain Kevin

StarBlue

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 06:07:34 pm »

We don't usually do anything outside the airport perimeter, for the precise reason that users might want to use other surrounding scenery enhancements, and doing this normally prevents much of the possibly compatibility issues.

Thanks for the answer, I do appreciate developers that do have a trial.  You don't know how many times I've bought what looks to be an awesome addon to have it be total crap.

I don't know why it wouldn't. It's just the city, which is separate from even their own airports.

Go check out how many minor fixes Orbx has for things like elevation mismatches, texture issues, and even buildings in the middle of taxiways for FSDT's KLAX.  So yes they do exist, it would be nice to have the old exclude that we used to have in FS9 (No I gave up on FS9 when FSX came out, but that was one nice thing I miss).  Some devs are good to work with, others are not; DD at times can be a bit of a pain.
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 01:22:12 pm »
Go check out how many minor fixes Orbx has for things like elevation mismatches, texture issues, and even buildings in the middle of taxiways for FSDT's KLAX.  So yes they do exist, it would be nice to have the old exclude that we used to have in FS9 (No I gave up on FS9 when FSX came out, but that was one nice thing I miss).  Some devs are good to work with, others are not; DD at times can be a bit of a pain.
Not really a good comparison. Something that like would happen with ORBX because their sceneries are dealing with landclass and elevation changes. In addition, their sceneries are covering a much larger area. You're trying to compare one scenery that covers the city of Chicago versus one that covers all of Southern California. I own a lot of add-on airports in addition to ORBX landclass scenery, so I've already had to deal with the issues of getting add-on airports to work with ORBX. Fortunately, their forums have instructions on how to get your add-on airport to work with their scenery if you really can't figure it out.

In any event, DD has both Chicago and Chicago Airports as separate products, so it wouldn't make sense to have a scenery that could have compatibility issues with even their own airports.
Captain Kevin

stevefocus

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 11:35:56 pm »
Umberto, this week would be a good time to release as I have 4 days off now.  ;D Have to admit this and NZAA are the two airports i'm looking forward to most.

Ifikratis

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2019, 09:39:16 pm »
I would like to ask if there is any further news regarding release of the most anticipated airport of 2019  ;D