Author Topic: I am stumped on this one, double jetways  (Read 6061 times)

waynelp

I am stumped on this one, double jetways
« on: April 29, 2019, 04:07:02 pm »
Greetings,  KLAS jetways looked and worked fine until I had occasion to remove KLAS and then reinstall it. Now I cannot seem to get rid of the, what looks like the default and SODE jetways mixed together.

P3D4  I have reinstalledGSX2, Reinstalled KLAS. Removed all instances of other KLAS scenery. Used the GSX2 config panel to restore default jetways and then disable.

I cannot find any file to delete to fix this.

Any ideas , I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

Wayne

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I am stumped on this one, double jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 12:20:12 am »
If the other jetways are coming from another non-FSDT scenery, it should be obvious you won't be able to fix by reinstalling FSDT products: you must fix/remove the conflicting scenery instead.

The most common source of conflicts are AFCAD files that come with AI Traffic products, which must be removed.

Also, be sure you don't have any GSX custom configuration for KLAS, maybe made before we released the update with SODE jetways because, your configuration will always take precedence over the one with supply with the scenery, even if it's not required anymore. To check this, remove every .INI file for KLAS in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder.

waynelp

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 03:19:05 am »
I thank you for replying, and you are stating the obvious again, like you do to others. I have tried to remove every mention of KLAS, Las Vegas, on everything I can find.  It was another companies new KLAS which I put on and then deleted for poor performance.  Somewhere there is a file lurking to mess with me.

EDIT:I found a SODE file with the jetways in question, which I deleted. That got rid of the jetways. Now I have large red X's where the jetways were at. Now to find out how to get rid of them.

PS EDIT; I finally fixed my stumped problem. All the offending files were in the SODE directory. Never would have I thought to look there initially, as SODE is new to my thinking.

I thank you again for replying.
Wayne
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:10:42 am by waynelp »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 01:33:39 pm »
I thank you for replying, and you are stating the obvious again, like you do to others

I don't know what you are trying to say here but, since you said you tried multiple things uninstalling FSDT software, it didn't looked like an obvious thing that, uninstalling FSDT to fix a problem caused by another scenery was useless, so I thought it was an useful information for you. Was I wrong ?

. I have tried to remove every mention of KLAS, Las Vegas, on everything I can find.  It was another companies new KLAS which I put on and then deleted for poor performance.  Somewhere there is a file lurking to mess with me.

Of course it was. We have a proper uninstaller that removes everything. Except YOUR own created files. Which is why I asked to check for them. Another useful information.

EDIT:I found a SODE file with the jetways in question, which I deleted. That got rid of the jetways. Now I have large red X's where the jetways were at. Now to find out how to get rid of them.

The Red X is a message from SODE telling you a 3rd party scenery that uses SODE to create an object is trying to create it, but cannot find the actual object file, because it was removed.

Again, nothing to do with FSDT, since we don't use SODE to create anything. Even our own jetways are created internally by GSX so, when you see the Red Cross, you known the issue is not related to FSDT.

PS EDIT; I finally fixed my stumped problem. All the offending files were in the SODE directory. Never would have I thought to look there initially, as SODE is new to my thinking.

The main problem seems to have happened because you either removed the scenery manually by only removing the scenery/texture folders, or the scenery uninstaller didn't remove the SODE files. It's best to always check if the scenery has an uninstaller, because nowadays sceneries don't put files just in the scenery/texture folder, as they used to, but might require Simobject folders, Effect folders, Sound folders, Script folders, etc. so, it's best to always use the official Uninstaller, if there's one.

waynelp

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 02:57:00 pm »
Than You.

djtiger76

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 05:57:26 pm »
Wayne,

Could you tell us where your SODE directory is? I think i found it, but I don't see any files that contain jetway information. I may be in the wrong location.
I am having the same issue with Ohare V2

Tnanks

pgde

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 06:00:42 pm »
The default installation path is C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.