Author Topic: windows 7 forthcoming  (Read 5386 times)

richard welsh

windows 7 forthcoming
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:50:05 pm »
  hello, just a thought, i have all your airports except ft.lauderdale, and i was wondering when windows 7 was installed in computer if your airports would operate using this window system. richard welsh.

AA777-200ER

Re: windows 7 forthcoming
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:44:17 pm »
No problems here with Windows 7 RC...this OS is basically Vista Improved

hello, just a thought, i have all your airports except ft.lauderdale, and i was wondering when windows 7 was installed in computer if your airports would operate using this window system. richard welsh.

Darryl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
I confirm, we already tested all our stuff on Windows 7 RC1, no problems right now.

bradl

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:33:51 pm »
I confirm, we already tested all our stuff on Windows 7 RC1, no problems right now.

Safe to assume this goes for both FS9 and FSX?

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:34:32 pm »
I've tested only FSX but, I don't see why it wouldn't work with FS9 as well.

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 10:48:23 pm »
I can confirm no issues with windows 7 64BIT in fs9 and fsx.  :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

richard welsh

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:44 am »
   hello everyone, this is the only forum where there has been such positive replies, i posted in flight1 with the same enquiry and got a negative reply. thanks to all. richard welsh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:46:04 am »
I would only remind you that, as a forum message, this is not an official statement of guaranteed compatibility, because Windows 7 hasn't been released yet, and we haven't seen the final version.

So, as of today, the only officially supported OS are XP and Vista and it will be like this until you'll see Windows 7 listed on the system requirements on the product's web pages. From that moment on, it would mean Windows 7 would be officially supported.

This means, if you bought any product now, you bought it for XP or Vista, which are the only OS that are available right now anyway: it might work with Windows 7 (and in fact, it does work, with the current released version), but we are not supporting it.

So, we can't offer support from issues specific to Windows 7, nor we can accept any refund requests in the unlikely case it wouldn't work with it, on the premises that you bought it for Windows 7 based on a forum message posted with the final version wasn't released yet.

This is just to clear up things.

However, I don't expect much issues: in the worse case, an upgrade might be needed, but of course, since starting with October, Windows 7 will become the current Windows version, you can be sure we'll do everything we can to support it as soon as possible, in the unlikely case we'll discover our products wouldn't work with the final version, out of the box.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:48:41 am by virtuali »