Author Topic: Ground textures are blurry  (Read 6120 times)

Xcelsior

Ground textures are blurry
« on: March 19, 2019, 05:39:20 pm »
My ground textures at KLAS seem to be blurry and at a much lower resolution then even default airports.  Is there something I might have set wrong?  CYVR has nice crisp ground textures so I'm not sure what the issue might be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground textures are blurry
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:05:20 am »
You cannot expect KLAS reaching the same level of quality of CYVR, since there were several years apart, and KLAS was made when FS9 was still popular, while CYVR is an entirely different kind of technology.

However, the things that affect KLAS ground textures are:

- You must use the current version, because we raised ground texture resolutions a short while ago.

- The lack of Anisotropic filtering in the graphic options of the sim OR in the Video Card Control Panel.

- The Texture resolution slider in the sim graphic settings

- A possible interference from a 3rd party photorealistic scenery you might have installed so, the low res you are seeing is coming from *that* scenery. Do you see flat airplanes images in the photo background ? If yes, then you are NOT seeing FSDT KLAS, because we don't work that sloppily with photoreal images, so you have another scenery in conflict.

HexenVef

Ground textures are blurry
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 10:04:45 pm »
thanks
The blurry textures is a bit odd..do they full load if you start a flight from LGKR?

KaptainKaos

Re: KLAS Ground textures are blurry
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 07:04:01 am »
Just built a new computer. Clean install of everything.
Downloaded latest version from FSDT website
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
Texture resolution: Ultra-4096x4096
I DO have ORBX SoCal installed. I've excluded the ORBX files (changed names to xxx.OFF)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:14:34 am by KaptainKaos »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 11:01:20 am »
As I've said, you cannot expect the same resolution on a scenery that was made in early 2009 ( that is more than 11 years ago ), which was designed for the PC of that era.

The ground resolution in your screenshot seems to be about right but, you seems to have a conflicting scenery, so I'm not sure if the ground textures are coming from our airport or not ( but don't expect them to be much better ), I see the following problems caused by another conflicting scenery:

- concrete detail textures entirely missing

- elevation problems in the area between the two terminals and further behind

- a couple of small building objects that don't come from our scenery in that same place you have those elevation issues

- several missing ground lines

- all 3d taxiway signs missing

See the attached screenshot how it's supposed to look like.

KaptainKaos

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 12:08:57 am »
Could there possibly be an issue with the order of items in my scenery library?

Most of the ORBX stuff is above all of the FSDT airports that were installed prior to installing the ORBX software.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 11:07:46 am »
Most of the ORBX stuff is above all of the FSDT airports that were installed prior to installing the ORBX software.

That's likely the problem. Airports should always be on top of everything else.