Author Topic: Africa and Asia  (Read 7335 times)

rayh

Africa and Asia
« on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:10 pm »
Helllo,
I recently read on AVSIM forum topic that Cloud 9 Africa and Asia is compatible with P3D but of course given its age i was skeptical, however the prices was very reasonable so I purchased it in the hope it would install in P3dV4 .. Cannot get past the install screen as it does not recognise P3DV4 .. anything I can do to get it to install so I can use the landclass??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Africa and Asia
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:00:28 am »
Sorry, but you should always ask here, since we cannot control what's being said on forums other than this one.

I *think* the scenery should work in P3D, even P3D4. However, it won't be easy to install it, since the installer doesn't know anything about P3D but, unfortunately, we have been very busy with other products and you are the first one ever asking to install the Cloud9 landclass in P3D, so we didn't consider doing a new installer, which might not be as easy as it might sound, since it used a different installation method than our own, not using a Trial version but instead asking for a Serial Number during the installation, using a serial check we never used and Cloud9 made for a different installer routine.

I guess that most users already installed them in FSX, and copied the folders over. In this case, it's possible a migration tool might work, like this one, which is free:

http://www.migration-tool.co.nf/

rayh

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 11:16:53 pm »
Okay, thanks for the link. I tried this.. gave an immediate virus warning and quarantined the application. Not sure I should take this further...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 11:19:37 pm »
Okay, thanks for the link. I tried this.. gave an immediate virus warning and quarantined the application. Not sure I should take this further...

It didn't on my system so, it's likely a bug of your antivirus.

rayh

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 12:30:36 am »
Thanks..
Disabled the Virus checker temporarily and ran the Importer software.. It worked!
Now have textures for China installed, circa 2007 installed in P3Dv4 and using FTX Global - Thank you for the link!! :)

Repeating patterns are still there, but considerably reduced with this texture add on.

Now of course we need an update because the data used back then is 10-11 years or more older and as China has had phenomenal growth since then, many of the cities featured have bust their limits and sprawled hugely over these past few years.

Cities I looked at where resizing is needed: Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Chongqing, Chengdu, Shenzen, Xian.. to name a few.

Still, as an interim measure I am much happier for the look these textures offer!!