Author Topic: Autopilot and Radio explainations  (Read 163410 times)

SUBS17

Re: Autopilot and Radio explainations
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 11:36:32 pm »
Terrain following mode (TFR)

Cynide

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 03:42:41 am »
I have an interesting development to discuss... I also had the problem with the nav and ILS frequencies not working

in the hornet cockpit. dial them in, in this case 111.30 for the KNEW localizer...and nothing.

So, after setting NAV 1 in the hornetI went ahead and changed the plane in mid-flight to another bird, the C-172,
because I knew from experience that whatever avionics you set in one plane, would follow to whatever plane you load in next. I knew how to work the 172 localizer, so i could do a base comparison...

my NAV1 read 111.29!!!

I did this a few times, and the same result every time...the scratchpad would show 111.30, but it was actually doing 111.29, and thus no needles, no VOR, nothing...

Interestly enough, the comms, IFF , bcn, etc.work perfectly!

If I go to the 172 and set in 111.30, and then switch to the hornet, I have needles!

Could someone give me an idea what they think might be going on here?
Yxin, try this and see what happens for you..

twominuteturn

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 07:24:10 pm »
I still don't uderstand how to activate a/p. do you select ap mode THEN click on/off, or visa versa. Because mine doe not want to cooperate.

twominuteturn

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 07:29:04 pm »
I still don't uderstand how to activate a/p. do you select ap mode THEN click on/off, or visa versa. Because mine doe not want to cooperate.
And one more thing, on the ACL page, what does "NOT CMD A/S 0" or "NOT CMD ALT 17388" and finally "NOT CMD V/S (+/-) 1800" mean? airspeed, alt,vertical speed? how so you change those?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 08:34:04 pm »
I still don't uderstand how to activate a/p. do you select ap mode THEN click on/off, or visa versa.

This was explained in the first post:

there's no "preselection" of modes: when an A/P mode is selected, it will immediately engage and it will also turn on the A/P, if not already engaged

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 08:37:25 pm »
And one more thing, on the ACL page, what does "NOT CMD A/S 0" or "NOT CMD ALT 17388" and finally "NOT CMD V/S (+/-) 1800" mean? airspeed, alt,vertical speed?

"NOT CMD" means the A/P is off because you first turned on a mode (thus, turning on A/P at the same time, see previous message) then you pressed the AP on/off button, turning it off again.

how so you change those?

With the standard key commands. The default behavior for altitude, for example, is to capture the current alt when the mode was engaged. But it can be changed with the keyboard commands, that are still operational.

italyflight

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 05:57:02 pm »
How do you use ILS in f-18?

italyflight

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 08:56:29 pm »
how do you use ils in f-18 and where's the NAV radio? I found only the COM 1 and 2. ??? ??? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 09:05:19 pm »
NAV frequencies and ILS are explained in the first post of this thread.

Bullseye

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 04:46:58 pm »
Just a quick question: Can you make the F-18 follow ILS and let the AP land?

Grtz Elias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 05:57:12 pm »
You could (just use the standard hot-keys for the APP mode) but it hasn't been designed or tested to do it. We are using the standard A/P code in FSX, which I'm not sure is able to cope with the specific approach beaviors of a jet fighter, perhaps it will work in good weather on a real runway, but probably not in bad weather and certainly not on a carrier.

crash

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 01:44:47 am »
 8)
Can you assist with Tacan procedures. I can navigate using Vortac by enterring the channel and the HSI needle points to the station just like a RMI with a vor, but when I tune a tacan like nkx at miramar the station id comes up with dme range but the needle always points north south, the same with other pure tacan stations like north island. Am I doing something wrong or do the tacans not have the radials set in the program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 01:54:09 am »
The TACAN function for the Acceleration F/A-18 is not a complete simulation of the Tacan system, that (when used on a military airplane) allows for radial informations. The Tacan system we have is just a convenience that will allow to tune "by channel" instead of "by frequency", but the underlining system is still the standard FSX so, it assumes all airplanes use a civilian receiver so, TACAN works as DME only, without radials.

chatnyurur

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 08:47:15 pm »
Hi everyone. I was wondering how can i set the altitude value?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 09:29:43 pm »
It has just been explained, a couple of messages above, at Reply #20