Author Topic: I hope KDFW is still on and next...  (Read 27883 times)

Bigmac72

Re: I hope KDFW is still on and next...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 03:02:44 am »
I can't wait until the PHL scener finally comes out
Brian McErlean

Mike...

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 06:17:02 pm »
I'm waiting for KDFW as well, but to be honest, I hope they take care of the KORD Update before any other scenery...

josepha1

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 01:20:03 am »
I'm waiting for KDFW as well, but to be honest, I hope they take care of the KORD Update before any other scenery...

Manny

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 06:11:41 pm »
With KDFW, you can fly  to this nice little airport 52F that is close by (within the same Class Bravo airspace).

http://www.pcaviator.com/megascenery/forums/index.php?showtopic=2103

VIDEO:  http://mannymanni.blip.tv/#1091262

;D

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:17:11 pm by Manny »

JFKpilot

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 12:53:23 am »
Hey Manny! I think you did a great job on this airport. I really love the appearance and the thermals were a blast.
I'll do flights from DFW for sure when it's released...
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

Manny

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 04:42:12 am »
Thanks JFKpilot. I appreciate it.

I hope the next scenery is DFW!  :)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 01:33:44 am »
As I have told you before Manny, I love the work you did on this. I think this is one of the best freeware GA airports I have ever seen.

Now if you weren't busy with other things I would still love to see you do Aero Country in Mckinney : http://www.aerocountry.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

and

Garland/DFW Heliport in Garland : http://www.airnav.com/airport/T57

;D

CaseyD

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 04:10:16 pm »
I see many comments condemning an Imaginesim DFW, however I think it would be great. FSDT doesn't seem very committed to it, nor to FS9, so an Imaginesim DFW would be a very welcome product.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 04:48:27 pm »
Do you mean Blueprint, Imagine are doing VHHH Hong Kong - Chep Lap Kok.....

Mark ;)

SirIsaac726

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 08:26:26 pm »
Do you mean Blueprint, Imagine are doing VHHH Hong Kong - Chep Lap Kok.....

Mark ;)

There have been people commenting that they hope (key word being hope) ImagineSim doesn't do DFW at this rate.  I actually wouldn't mind it either.  I'd be interested in seeing how there's would look.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 08:59:37 pm »
FSDT doesn't seem very committed to it...
Umberto has previously posted that the team responsible for doing DFW is currently involved with another project, and DFW will be started after the completion of that project.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CaseyD

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 10:13:15 pm »
Exactly, it seems as though everything else, even sceneries with decent freeware alternatives, have gotten priority over DFW. And again, that's not to mention the lack of commitment to FS9, unlike Imaginesim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 10:47:23 pm »
Exactly, it seems as though everything else, even sceneries with decent freeware alternatives, have gotten priority over DFW.

Our best selling scenery to date is still Zurich, which, of all the sceneries we made, was the one with the BEST freeware alternative.

So, if we had followed your suggestion, we shoudn't have made Zurich, and that would have been a big mistake.

And again, that's not to mention the lack of commitment to FS9, unlike Imaginesim.

Since we started FSDT, we released 6 airports in dual version FSX AND FS9, with BOTH versions sold under the same license, instead of having to purchase them separately. On top of that, we are releasing FS9 and FSX at the same time, and we are still supporting AES, *only* because of FS9.

Those are the facts, I really don't know what else do you expect, regarding support for a 6-years old platform.

CaseyD

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:19 pm »
Our best selling scenery to date is still Zurich

Could that be because it was the first one you released?

Those are the facts, I really don't know what else do you expect, regarding support for a 6-years old platform.

I just seems as though the FS9 versions are simply thrown together from the FSX version. There are far less features yet the price is the same, and of all the addon scenery I have, FSDTs seems to underperform all of them. In fact, at every airport in the world in FS my frames are locked at 27 except for ORD and JFK. I realize that both are massive airports, but the performance in ATL, LHR, CDG, FRA and so on should be comparatively similar, however they far outperform ORD and JFK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 11:44:34 pm »
Could that be because it was the first one you released?

We are not *that* naive, and I'm quite able to judge sales. I was obviously not speaking about total sales only, but also sales in the same amount of time.

Anyway, it doesn't change much: Zurich is our best selling scenery, probably together with JFK and in this case, yes, JFK has sold less, but only because it has been released many months after.

So, we could say they are BOTH best sellers, with the difference that Zurich had a VERY good freeware alternative, compared to JFK that only had a very outdated commercial version. It DID NOT make ANY difference, since both sold very well and in comparable numbers. My point, exactly.

I just seems as though the FS9 versions are simply thrown together from the FSX version.

That what we always said. If we wouldn't do this, there would be no FS9 version to begin with. Would you prefer no FS9 version, instead ? What should we do more, other than openly saying that, and letting you TRY the scenery, BEFORE purchasing it ?

There are far less features yet the price is the same

As we explained, many times already, we DO NOT "take away" features from the FS9 version. What you are seeing in FSX, it's COMING FROM FSX! Should we *remove* what FSX gives us for free, just to please FS9 users ? You are getting exactly the SAME scenery as in FSX, the only thing you are missing, it's what's coming from FSX itself so, if you made the choice to use FS9, maybe you weren't that interested in those features, otherwise you would use FSX instead.

The road traffic for example, which I think is what one of the things your are referring to: we DON'T create it in the FSX version. It comes out automatically, when we draw a road! It's FSX that fills the road with traffic. The SAME road is featured in our FS9 version but, since FS9 doens't have that feature, the road is empty. But, what you are buying from US, it's just the same!

Another FSX-only feature we have in the sceneries are the user controlled animations or ParkMe. Everything is done with Simconnect, we wouldn't know how to do that without it. So, if you were able to convince Microsoft to create Simconnect for FS9, we'll gladly support it but, I doubt it will ever happen...

In fact, at every airport in the world in FS my frames are locked at 27 except for ORD and JFK. I realize that both are massive airports, but the performance in ATL, LHR, CDG, FRA and so on should be comparatively similar, however they far outperform ORD and JFK.

That's something new, you really should check better because, I can easily surpass 25 fps at JFK on FS9, and I have about 37 fps where it matters ( on the runway of course ) and way higher with KORD. So, the simple fact you are seeing JFK and KORD as being the same, leads to believe something is not right, because KORD is usually way faster, of course mainly becasue what's around the area.  

The JFK area it's a very problematic one, because you have several airports very close together AND a major detailed city, that is already visible from JFK.

Users are generally very satisfied with JFK performances, considering where it is placed, and usually nobody complains about KORD!

Anyway, you are wrong comparing different airports, even if they are "large". Being large is not just the only parameter. If we put our JFK in a flat area with nothing else around for miles, like at KATL, it would be much faster than every KATL around.

So, the real question you should ask is, instead: are there other sceneries for JFK or KORD that are faster than ours ? Because, every other comparison it's just wrong.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:48:30 pm by virtuali »