Author Topic: I hope KDFW is still on and next...  (Read 28078 times)

Dillon

I hope KDFW is still on and next...
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:03:33 pm »
Even though we know KDFW is being planned by Blueprint an FSDT version hand's down is irreplaceable...  There's no way outside of FlyTampa can any developer hold a match to FSDT's quality of work.  If all those hoping the promised FSDT KDFW sees the light of day we need to speak up now.  Of all the airport options out there we really need KDFW done right.  It has been said that Blueprint is great for airports other developer's aren't considering.  This holds true for examples like KMSP. If it weren't for BP's effort I would be asking for KMSP instead of KDFW seeing it's my home airport.  Blueprint has certainly filled a void and is an important developer hands down.  That said I don't want them being the sole option for KDFW.  Such a very important airport needs the attention KJFK has gotten.  And since those of us who got out voted for the KJFKer's didn't get our airport done/was told to wait (turned out being after Geneva and KFLL), we need our just due... 

Please (and others feel free to join in ;) ) FSDT bring us KDFW once and for all and thanks for the great work you've already done so far...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:08:51 pm by Dillon »

AaronMyers

Re: I hope KDFW is still on and next...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:20 pm »
I agree that a high quality DFW would be great to see, but after the 26 page "request thread" I'd say they have plenty of material. At this point I'm guessing they already know what their planning to produce, we just don't know what they are yet.

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:16:19 am »
Hey Dillon KMSP also is my home away from home. Im gonna check out BP for that . I doudt it is as good as FSDT,but. Dallas Fort Worth is a very big and busy airport that I would love to fly into if only FSDT would do it. Its home to A.A. I think. Anyway it has my hopes for development. ::) ::)

Longhornmaniac8

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 03:22:14 am »
I agree that a high quality DFW would be great to see, but after the 26 page "request thread" I'd say they have plenty of material. At this point I'm guessing they already know what their planning to produce, we just don't know what they are yet.

Except they announced many months ago that JFK and DFW would be the next two sceneries. Meanwhile, after JFK, LAS, and FLL, we're still waiting for DFW. But I'm not bitter. ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 04:02:34 am »
...we need our just due... FSDT bring us KDFW once and for all...

Our just due?  Why do you think FSDT owes you? ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JFKpilot

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 04:51:51 am »
Our just due?  Why do you think FSDT owes you? ???

FSDT owes us DFW since they said they would make it (a looooong time ago). BTW, Dillon: here's what Virtuali had to say about the situation fairly recently (maybe you saw it already):

However, we are working on something else right now, which is not an airport scenery and it's not an airplane, and this is our main task right now.

The next airport that will start as soon as KFLL (but probably after the Summer, because sometimes even our people gets vacations...), will be another mid-sized airport like KFLL. There are several likely candidates, and all of them have been requested many times here so, I'm sure that, whatever we'll decide to do, it will please many people. It's more likely to be in the US, though.

About KDFW, is still scheduled to be done, but we need to complete the "other" project first, which has been started for a while, and has to be released. KDFW hasn't started yet, BTW.  We know how important it is, that's why we need to be absolutely sure we can afford to do it right, and giving it the time it deserves.

This doesn't have anything to do with the release of KFLL and the next one because, as we said already, we have two set of people working in parallel and the LZSH-KORD-KFJK-KLAS team is busy right now and I don't think it will be available before September to begin KDFW, while the LSGG-KFLL team will be doing the next airport.

So, it has always just been a question of when, not if. I just fear it might not even be out this year. But there will no doubt be some exciting releases this year, so we won't be bored.  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:59:35 am by JFKpilot »
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 05:20:25 am »
Gents,
There was a reason KDFW was postponed; do any of you know the "real" reason?  ???
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

chucky

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 06:43:19 pm »
Gents,
There was a reason KDFW was postponed; do any of you know the "real" reason?  ???

Didn't they say they were having difficulty with source material?  I can't really remember, though, and the search button is just so far away!

Buziel-411

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »
I just hope Imaginesim doesn't do KDFW before FSDT can... They're good, but they're certainly not as good as FSDT. :P Even if Blueprint did KDFW, people would still buy FSDT's, but some might get impatient and buy Imaginesim's.

Although I'd say that's very unlikely.

Dillon

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:46:08 am »
I just hope Imaginesim doesn't do KDFW before FSDT can... They're good, but they're certainly not as good as FSDT. :P Even if Blueprint did KDFW, people would still buy FSDT's, but some might get impatient and buy Imaginesim's.

Did I miss something?  Imaginesim never stated they were doing KDFW at any time.  The only two prospects are Blueprint and FSDT.

Jayster226

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 01:37:02 pm »

Did I miss something?  Imaginesim never stated they were doing KDFW at any time.  The only two prospects are Blueprint and FSDT.

no, but now that DFW is being postponed, I think he means he hopes Imaginesim doesn't decide to do it in the future after VHHH

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 08:46:00 pm »

no, but now that DFW is being postponed, I think he means he hopes Imaginesim doesn't decide to do it in the future after VHHH

no offense to IS but all their airports look the same, with that dull brownish color...
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

SirIsaac726

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 12:28:44 am »

no offense to IS but all their airports look the same, with that dull brownish color...

I don't know about you but I don't see a brownish tone in say, KLGA, KCVG, etc.

But none the less, I do know what you are talking about in quite a few of their sceneries.  I think it comes down to developer style and their own signature, or personal touch if you will.

Kevin

• CRJ2
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57:20 pm »

And you can't see the runway until your on about a 3nm final.

Kevin

Buziel-411

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 06:46:40 am »

As Jayster said, I was hoping Imaginesim doesn't decide to do it.

And...