Author Topic: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**  (Read 16330 times)

Jasona1972

Re: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED"
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 08:42:56 pm »
As I said in my first message, I already did all of those things and it still didn't work. Why would you guys have an installer that doesn't work unless a person clears browser history and deletes folders from certain locations. The fact that you have made such an installer blows my mind. Anyway, what you suggested doesn't work. Please give me a real solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 09:23:53 pm »
As I said in my first message, I already did all of those things and it still didn't work.

But since AFTER you posted, I tested the download and it's perfectly fine, there must be a problem on your side, so I added some suggestions, for example to check you are really starting the installer you downloaded.

Why would you guys have an installer that doesn't work unless a person clears browser history and deletes folders from certain locations. The fact that you have made such an installer blows my mind.

Do you REALLY thing we "made" an installer that "requires" that ? OF COURSE it doesn't "require" that, the installer works without having to do anything like that and we obviously haven't programmed anything like that in the installer.

However, the way the network and the browser works, might occasionally require that, because:

- You are NOT downloading from "our server". We host thousands each day, there's no way anybody could download anything if they all connected to "our server", it would either be impossibly slow, or most likely crash for the load.

- Because of the above, we MUST use Cloudflare (like millions of other sites out there ), which is a CDN of 250+ servers spread around the world, so you are hopefully downloading from Cloudflare node that is closer to you.

- Normally, when we update a file, we flag it to erase it from the Cloudflare cache, so they'll try to get the latest version anew, and this is usually very fast ( less than 30 seconds ), but sometimes for some nodes might take more than normal, hours or even days.

- If you happen to be on a "slow" node that hasn't got the update WHILE you were downloading, your browser cached the request, maybe not for all files, but only one of them.

THAT'S WHY I told to clear the browser cache! Not because "our installer requires is", but because you might be out of luck and got a slow node AND your browser cached it too.

And of course, since you are not the only one that posted in this thread, I replied with all the suggestions you said you already tried, because my answer could be useful to others, even if it doesn't apply to you.

So, you want a "real solution" ? First, we must understand which file is still outdated. Check this free utility:

http://getmd5checker.com/

And run it against the files downloaded in the Documents\GSX_Installer folder. Check the main setup too ( gsx_fsx_setup.exe or gsx_p3d4_setup.exe ). These are the correct MD5 checksums that I get when I download the GSX installer here, which works:

d0b6ae0452e076d80b4582f6b8af5886 gsx_fsx_setup.exe
af4c84e1abef76769522193de4ee9eca gsx_fsx_setup2.exe
ff6c8864236d612fd663cfc2ede521fd gsx_fsx_setup2-1.bin
f9fdec2b5357d0f5f82e7b89d34bb40e gsx_fsx_setup2-2.bin
ae226c5ccc2da446dbb96fd5a3951d22 gsx_fsx_setup2-3.bin

2226cb9b73d6d5ece8229abef611e6f8 gsx_p3d4_setup.exe
dd47256167058609981e51e9b8330488 gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe
b7be499f5a2682fd05b7cae46b6946a1 gsx_p3d4_setup2-1.bin
37027b7f335cba1cd5abb9a4e510cde8 gsx_p3d4_setup2-2.bin
0cc6457da1fbe2079638fa6e32f72061 gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin
bedabef11d01427b3aeb6017d1555312 gsx_p3d4_setup2-4.bin
896296ec2bfb512908ec14c62eafc142 gsx_p3d4_setup2-5.bin

Compare with the files you have, so I might try forcing refresh for that file again, so it might hopefully "wake up" your local Cloudflare node to get it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:16:09 pm by virtuali »

Mhbt Ba

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 10:09:28 pm »
Good evening,

Thank you for your reply. I tried all the things you advised, but I still have the same issue, no matter what.
Is there really nothing else we can do ?

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 10:11:38 pm »
Thank you for your reply. I tried all the things you advised, but I still have the same issue, no matter what.

It doesn't seem you tried what I suggested in my last post. Checking the downloaded files to see which one you got wrong.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:15:40 pm by virtuali »

Mhbt Ba

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 10:57:58 pm »
This is what I currently have, I don't really know if I did right

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 11:14:44 pm »
Looking real fast, it looks like files 2-2 and 2-4 don't match.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2021, 11:14:53 pm »
This is what I currently have, I don't really know if I did right

Yes, you did it right and, it seems that for some reason your local Cloudflare node has the gsx_p3d4_setup2-2.bin, and gsx_p3d4_setup2-4.bin files wrong, while gsx_p3d4_setup2-1.bin, gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin and gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe are correct.

I triggered another refresh for these now, so they should hopefully work if you remove the Documents\GSX_Installer and run the installer again.

Mhbt Ba

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 11:36:50 pm »
Perfect, it did fix the issue, thank you very much !

girlano

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 02:06:51 pm »
Hello

I had the same problem installing my GSX / GSX V2 into my P3D 4.5 , after download the installations files I received a message “ Source Files Corrupted” and the installation was aborted. Looking at the forum ( this post ), I proceed with the check resume test and I saw that my setup2.exe file mismatch de the correct check resume number. I disable my firewall, my anti-virus . How can I resolve this problem ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 05:01:39 pm »
Just try again, we refreshed those two files that on *your* local Cloudflare node were probably still outdated ( they weren't on the other users nodes ).

Jasona1972

Re: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 08:40:36 pm »
None, zip, zero of the above is working for me. I have tried everything. I have no idea how to do some of the things that were suggested whether in this post or some similar posts. I have probably tried over a hundred times by now doing everything I know how to do now or things I can think to do. I need an installer that can just install correctly. I either need explicit directions to make sure I do it correctly or I need someone to login remotely to show me. I have tried over a hundred times by now over the. Of about 4 1/2 days. I do not know how to control what server my download comes from to make sure it comes uncorrupted from a cloudfair server. I do know that this is getting really, really, really old to have to jump thru so many hoops to do download and install something when it wasn't like this in the past. In the past I could just download and install it and it was no big deal. Now my computer it's so wide open when it comes to antivirus and firewall protection that I think a 747 can fly through it.

What am I supposed to do? Why was my earlier post removed when I wanted a solution?

Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ERROR "THE FILE SOURCE IS CORRUPTED" **SOLVED**
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 09:27:47 pm »
I have tried everything

You haven't tried the last thing I told you to try

I have no idea how to do some of the things that were suggested

Then please explain what is you don't understand of my previous explanation about how to check which files were bad.

I need an installer that can just install correctly

The installer obviously works for everybody. But as I'm sure you probably noticed, it needs to download files and, as I already explained, the files are downloaded from the Cloudflare node closest to you and THAT particular node might still be outdated.

WHICH IS WHY, I posted precise instructions how to check which files they are, so we can do something to fix them at YOUR specific node.

. I either need explicit directions to make sure I do it correctly

Which is precisely what you have been given in my last post to you. If you don't understand some parts, then please explain again which they are, so I can try explain them better.

I do not know how to control what server my download comes from to make sure it comes uncorrupted from a cloudfair server.

That's not your job to know how to do that, yours is only tell me which file you got bad. Read my previous reply to you, which explains how to use a free utility to check the checksums of the files you downloaded. Just post the results, as user Mhbt Ba did.

Jasona1972

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 01:27:52 am »
Turns out that the link you sent (http://getmd5checker.com/)  is for all versions of "Windows" except "Windows 10". How does this help in a process that really should not have to be done by your customers?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 09:39:25 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2021, 10:04:45 am »
Turns out that the link you sent (http://getmd5checker.com/)  is for all versions of "Windows" except "Windows 10".

Turns out you are wrong, and you haven't even bothered to TRY if it works because, if you did, you would realize it obviously does, it's just the website might have not being updated in a while, so it doesn't explicitly lists Windows 10, but it DOES work ( I tried it, of course, you haven't... ) so why, instead of keep continuing this useless polemic, you don't just do what other users did, which ( guess what ) fixed their problem immediately ?

How does this help in a process that really should not have to be done by your customers?

Wrong. Again.

The whole point of this procedure is to figure it out which files YOU got a bad download from, because this is a conditions that affect YOUR local Cloudflare servers so, obviously, the only way to know this, is to be sure which files were wrong in YOUR download, and checking the MD5 checksum is the standard way to do that and it must be done on YOUR files on YOUR system.

Checking for checksums for downloaded files has always been considered a good practice, especially when files are fairly large, because the chance of transmission errors is higher.

Jasona1972

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2021, 03:01:08 pm »
Turns out that the link you sent (http://getmd5checker.com/)  is for all versions of "Windows" except "Windows 10". How does this help in a process that really should not have to be done by your customers?

What am I supposed to download if none of the links are for W10? Is it correct to think I am supposed to download the GSX base package file for FSX and P3Dv4 and install them and then scan the files in Docs / GSX Installer to see what the string of letters and numbers is that come up?