Author Topic: Install Program Does Not Open  (Read 6269 times)

kmanning

Install Program Does Not Open
« on: November 23, 2018, 09:49:52 pm »

I'm trying to install the Cloud9 F4 Phantom and when I click on the .exe, I only get the Security Warning prompt and after I click Okay, nothing happens. What's the problem? I've already tried turning off the anti virus program and it still does not work.

Ken.

kmanning

Re: Install Program Does Not Open
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:42:53 am »

I'm trying to install the Cloud9 F4 Phantom and when I click on the .exe, I only get the Security Warning prompt and after I click Okay, nothing happens. What's the problem? I've already tried turning off the anti virus program and it still does not work.

Ken.

I posted this question 4 days ago, 114 replies, and I still haven't got an answer. When am I going to get an answer?

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 11:14:39 am »
It's quite difficult to help you without having any details about your configuration.

It's been a while since I last tried that installer so, I downloaded, and after the security prompt, it's supposed to either proceed with the installation, or ask you to browse for the simulator, in case it's not found.

Since I don't have FS9 installed anymore, I got the prompt to browse for the simulator folder, since it couldn't be found in the registry. At that point, I exit the installed, since I'm not going to reinstall FS9, considering we stopped supporting it in 2011, which is 7 years ago...I don't even have an optical drive in any of my system so, I couldn't reinstall my old FS9 disk even if I wanted.

This means, I can only guess.

Maybe, there might some kind of problem with the FS9 registry key, so the installer found it, but was somehow wrong/corrupted/pointing to the wrong folder ?

kmanning

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 11:45:28 pm »
It's quite difficult to help you without having any details about your configuration.

It's been a while since I last tried that installer so, I downloaded, and after the security prompt, it's supposed to either proceed with the installation, or ask you to browse for the simulator, in case it's not found.

Since I don't have FS9 installed anymore, I got the prompt to browse for the simulator folder, since it couldn't be found in the registry. At that point, I exit the installed, since I'm not going to reinstall FS9, considering we stopped supporting it in 2011, which is 7 years ago...I don't even have an optical drive in any of my system so, I couldn't reinstall my old FS9 disk even if I wanted.

This means, I can only guess.

Maybe, there might some kind of problem with the FS9 registry key, so the installer found it, but was somehow wrong/corrupted/pointing to the wrong folder ?

Oh, I didn't think it went that far back, and I thought it would work in FSX. I don't think I have FS9 installed anymore and I guess that's the reason for this. I thought it would work or could be installed in FSX but I guess not.

Thanks for explaining that.

Ken.