Author Topic: Blueprint Sims doing DFW?  (Read 10696 times)

wideloadwhitford

Blueprint Sims doing DFW?
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:54:30 am »
I see that Blueprint is doing DFW, but I see that they also are doing a bunch of airports that have already been done by other developers.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

skimmer

Re: Blueprint Sims doing DFW?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:19 am »
I clicked on the web site you have and it froze my comp. ??? ???

RVG458

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:58:28 am »
15 dollars is just too much for that scenery. Most of the freeware you can find on avsim or flightsim is better. I hate to trash a developer but I am really wondering what is going through their minds charging that much for the quality of work. It seems like all their new airport choices have already been done by top quality developers or are in the process of being done!

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 05:02:13 am »
I clicked on the web site you have and it froze my comp. ??? ???

?
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 05:05:02 am »
15 dollars is just too much for that scenery. Most of the freeware you can find on avsim or flightsim is better. I hate to trash a developer but I am really wondering what is going through their minds charging that much for the quality of work. It seems like all their new airport choices have already been done by top quality developers or are in the process of being done!

Also they charge 15 for EACH version!
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

#1-Stunna

• Virtual Air Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:48:50 am »
They are living in a different world. Why make KBOS when FlyTampa has a great KBOS and is making an FSX version.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 07:29:08 am »
I bought one BluePrint scenery for FSX, KDAL. There are two things about BluePrint. 1. Customer service is great. 2. The airports are only a notch above the default scenery. BluePrint is good if you either don't have much horse power to run FSX, they offer a hub that no one else does, or your not to picky about a lot of details. The only reason I got KDAL was because no one else has done it. It works ok and is a step up from default, plus it was only $15, but there is not really a whole lot to rave about. I think that BluePrint acknowledges that in one of their disclaimers. As far as the KBOS version that just came out, I would probably wait until Martin finishes the FSX version at FlyTampa before I spend the $15 on the BluePrint version. Unless of course you have to have an upgraded BOS.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 05:20:02 pm »

Have you checked out IAD and SJC from Imagine Sim?  Almost $30 EACH! Sure, they have AES compatibility, but Blueprint's IAD to me looks as good as the one from Imagine, and at half the price.  I'd be willing to bet that if Blueprint jumped on the AES bandwagon, all of you bashers would be pulling out your credit cards.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 05:29:00 pm »

Have you checked out IAD and SJC from Imagine Sim?  Almost $30 EACH! Sure, they have AES compatibility, but Blueprint's IAD to me looks as good as the one from Imagine, and at half the price.  I'd be willing to bet that if Blueprint jumped on the AES bandwagon, all of you bashers would be pulling out your credit cards.
I would rather buy Simflyers old stuff first. Atleast they had some detail to there sceneries, and moving jetways.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 06:47:20 pm »
Its like they found a freeware GMAX tool and started making buildings and dull textures, with no textured Runways, taxiways, and using default Taxi signs. Ill just stick to default and no Bruce I wouldn't really be pulling out my card because the airports that I do like for them have already been COVERED by other developers with AES!
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

SirIsaac726

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 01:46:09 am »
Okay, so I've said this MANY times before...but they are targeting a different audience than people buying ImagineSim, FSDT, and FlyTampa.  They are trying to get from people who probably just picked up FlightSim and want a quick easy way to get some scenery better than default but don't care about tons of details.  Some people, believe it or not, just want accurate representation of the layout and buildings on an airport and don't really care about the high quality textures.  Sure there are freeware sceneries that are better to most people but hey, that is there decision not to charge.  I personally wouldn't have a problem with people like Shez who make high quality freeware sceneries charging for their products...afterall, they put in TONS of effort.

BOOM

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:45 pm »
FSDT has me spoiled now.I can't buy anything else[FlyTampa excluded]because it's a huge disappointment compared to FSDT.

Patrick

TWA Pilot

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20:35 am »
I have to agree with  cmpbllsjc.....Blue print is a step above default! I have a few Blueprint airports they are okay....better than default.LOL!!
But unless something has changed FSDT said they we're doing DFW.......I'll wait!!

Regards,
Doug

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 04:24:20 am »
what about simfliers BOOM???

Yeah

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 04:37:16 am »
I have Blueprint's Orlando Scenery and it's pretty good, I wasn't disappointed. They could have used custom ground textures but I found some nice replacement default textures so it's okay. I'd def recommend Blueprint if you want scenery for an airport that's pretty much forgotten about.