Author Topic: KFLL - Early Observations  (Read 35892 times)

Captain2000

KFLL - Early Observations
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:20:20 pm »
FSDT Crew -

Excellent job with this scenery! I was blown away at the detail to be found here at my home airport. Also, the performance is beyond what I would have expected given the quality of everything. May be the best that you have done to date!  ;D

A few observations after some spending some time looking around (in the FS9 version):

1) Palm Tree Textures - The palm trees around the parking garages seem to have a blue halo around them. See attached screenshot.

2) Runway Lighting - There should only be approach lighting on 9L/27R. In the current version there is approach lighting on 13 as well. Should not be there...and is distracting when on approach to 9L at night. Also, 9L/27R should not have REIL (the two bright strobes at the corners of the runway). This one is not a huge deal, but a detail none the less.

3) Do not see the cruise ship that appears in the preview shots here in the forum. (Tried changing the day and time in case it was tied to a realistic cruise schedule...but no luck.) Is this detail not included in the FS9 version?

4) Looking forward to the AFCAD wizards working their magic to clean up the parking!

That's the early report. Congrats again on another great product!

Thanks!
Kelly

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:22:14 pm by Captain2000 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KFLL - Early Observations
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:25:31 pm »
We'll surely have a look at the runway lights.

About the cruise ships: this is not something that we modeled in the FSX scenery either: it's coming from the FSX default scenery.

cloud9

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:11:28 pm »
every time i close FS9 it shuts down normaly ... and then i receive a request that tells me an error (very late). i think it's the bglman.dll
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:27:20 pm »
every time i close FS9 it shuts down normaly ... and then i receive a request that tells me an error (very late). i think it's the bglman.dll

Do you already had any of our sceneries installed before ?

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:33:42 pm »
I get an error saying FS9 has stop responding after about a minute of shutting FS9 down
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

cloud9

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 11:34:45 pm »

Do you already had any of our sceneries installed before ?

yes, i have them all and FS9 shuts down without such a behaviour before KFLL was installed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:39:59 pm by cloud9 »
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

perryfincher

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 11:39:32 pm »
Yeah, I get the same error message.

Any ideas?

Other than a few minor details that I am sure will be worked out later on, KFLL is cool!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

I am so looking forward to DFW.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:09:27 am by perryfincher »
Perry Fincher
Trans World Virtual Airlines

Captain2000

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 11:48:38 pm »
Have the "closing" anomoly here too. Didn't worry too much about it when it happened the first tme. But now I see that I am not alone!

Virtuali: Thanks for your reply above to look into the lighting. Any thoughts on the palm tree textures?

cloud9

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 12:22:07 am »
Any thoughts on the palm tree textures?

nope, it seems that we all have the same shaded palms :)

pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

Captain2000

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 12:38:05 am »
Hopefully the palm issue is a simple one...

Further review of the night lighting shows that the approach lighting needs correction all over. If this is helpful, here is a summary of what should be at FLL. (Confirmed through charts and in person!)

9L - MALSR - PAPI on the right - HIGH intensity runway lights
27R - MALSR - PAPI on the left - HIGH intensity runway lights

9R - REIL (the two bright strobes) - PAPI on the left - MEDIUM intensity runway lights
27L - NO APPROACH - PAPI on the left - MEDIUM intensity runway lights

13 - REIL - PAPI on the left - MEDIUM intensity runway lights
31 - REIL - PAPI on the left - MEDIUM intensity runway lights

Thank you.  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:50 am »
yes, i have them all and FS9 shuts down without such a behaviour before KFLL was installed.

Ok, then it's sure it's not bglman.dll, because we haven't changed it for KFLL.

However, I think to have found the problem, it's KFLL scenery itself: 3 BGLs seems to affect this, specifically, the cars inside the 3 parkings seems to be the problem, because I've just tested a version without them, and there's no problem anymore.

Perhaps they are just too many of them, I'm not sure right now but, the same objects in FSX works without problems, maybe we hit another unknown limitation of FS9...we need to make further experiments.

tlabbe

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 01:44:30 am »
Greetings,

Regarding the shutdown issue after installing KFLL i do have this. I have all the FSDT sceneries installed and all the sceneries are up to date. It is the common message "FS has encountered an error and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvenience" . This message appears about 1-2 minutes after FS is closed.

In my case the faulty module was util.dll

My FS is updated at 9.1

Before I had FLL installed I never had a problem with all FSDT sceneries installed.

thanks,
Thierry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 02:17:18 am »

Yes, that's what's happened here as well. The only thing that's sure, it's not bglman.dll, it's more something related to the graphic engine which, unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce consistently.

B777ER

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 05:42:13 am »
Reference the palm tree textures showing a blue halo around them, this happened with Fly Tampa's TNCM release. Read this thread here to understand what is happening and read Martin's post inside the thread to fix the issue: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2263&highlight=palm+tree
Eric

cloud9

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 10:07:40 am »

Yes, that's what's happened here as well. The only thing that's sure, it's not bglman.dll, it's more something related to the graphic engine which, unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce consistently.

Umberto, thanks for your report and i'm sure you can fix it!

also thx to B777ER for the clue with the palm trees - i will try to fix it on my machine later the day and report. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:27:28 am by cloud9 »
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -