Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410387 times)

Andi112

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 12:34:54 pm »
@Cartayna your Tip with the Path was the right way,
i had the path corrected,
now it works perfectly,

I still have one question,
why has the heavy parking positions at Terminal 1 only 1 Jetways?,
does they do not have two Jetways?

Best reguards and thanks for your help!
Andreas :)

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 05:24:16 pm »
now it works perfectly,

Hello Andi, my pleasure and happy to hear that it helps. i will make a not of this in the instructions for FSX users. good to know.
Regarding the other finger that is not been removed from the EDDF scenery and replaced by a GSX2 is due to the complication that certain airports have that do not allow the GSX2 customization menu to fix. This is to the best of my knowledge, maybe in the case of EDDF Umberto can give us a hint in why those can not be removed.. Having said this:
1. (this case) there are certain airports where the jetways are part of the arquitecture of the terminals and part of them as a whole, and not an independent objetc. In EDDF, this seems to be the case, the one that we can remove is an independent object, thus we can work with this. This only happens in the HEAVY pos.
2. The SODES which are a bit more complex, you have to study them case by case. In my sceneries here attached i have done that for you.
3. Others have jetways that are not SODE, not part of the sceneries, but you can edit or eliminate certain files or folders of the scenery pack itself. All the ones that i could I did that for you (if is the case i tell you how to).

All this cases i have made them simple by droping folders, replacing and overwritting files, and so on, on a case by case.
Unfortunatelly i have not been able with EDDF as i suspect is part of the architecture (case 1).
Sorry.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 09:08:01 pm »
Umberto, can you help us please? i have tested my airports and all worked. today, without touching anything, EDDF is giving an odd mistake. It says sometimes that this door has a default jetway or no jetawa can operate at this position. Is really frustrating because when i designed it, it worked perfectly!

I checked your EDDF file, and the issue is that, at many parkings, you used short jetways with two tunnels. These cannot reach the door from the distance EDDF stands normally are in relationship to the parking position. That's depending on the airplane too, of course. I'm trying with the default 737.

So, either use longer jetways (at Gate A18, for example, switching from the 18/13 model to the 25/16 model fixed the problem) or, if you like the shorter jetways, use the 3-tunnel version instead.

Also, try to check pictures for the real world airport: I believe jetways at EDDF are more neutral grey (default) than the blueish grey (cool grey) you used, and they don't have the gate number over it.
Hello Umberto,
it worked perfect! thanks. Me and Andi were wondering how to remove the "other" finger that GSX2 does not remove in EDDF in HEAVY gates where there are 2 jetways. i tried everything, including the jetways.bgl file from the scenery... are they part of the building as a whole?
thanks mate!.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 09:12:35 pm »
now it works perfectly,

Hi Andi, while we get an answer from FSDT regarding EDDF, i have also wonder about this before, and if they say is not possible to configure that "other" jetway, the only possibility is to do something like this.... what do you think?
Also i will start this week to work on the HEAVY gates with 2 fingers, on all the airports. There is plenty of room for improvement on this area. i think by friday they will all be updated. this same link.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:14:47 pm by cartayna »

tlpessanha

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2018, 06:44:33 pm »
In my case, a lot of bridges are missing, I checked in EDDF, EDDM and LFPG, do I need to remove the bridges inside the scenery folder?

Thanks!! ;)

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 06:55:24 pm »
In my case, a lot of bridges are missing, I checked in EDDF, EDDM and LFPG, do I need to remove the bridges inside the scenery folder?

Thanks!! ;)
sorry what do you mean by bridges missing? can you make a pic?

tlpessanha

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 07:42:09 pm »

Thanks!! ;)

Sure, I meant that in some positions in those airports, it's missing the bridges...

https://imgur.com/abmBKKp

https://imgur.com/mZkQOOc

https://imgur.com/a/8UPn2HE

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 07:47:27 pm »

Thanks!! ;)

Sure, I meant that in some positions in those airports, it's missing the bridges...

oook, the jetways you mean. this is the deal.
When i installed GSX2 i did not UNINSTALL GSX, this made it quite unreliable and very very erratic. If you go the addons menu, and you select Coatl Settings>and Restart coatl and rebuild cache it should fix it. HOWEVER if this still happens, i recommend uninstalling and reinstalling. do you use FSX? if so, read in the instructions about the path in the .ini file.
cheers

tlpessanha

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 07:52:31 pm »

Thanks!! ;)

oook, the jetways you mean. this is the deal.
When i installed GSX2 i did not UNINSTALL GSX, this made it quite unreliable and very very erratic. If you go the addons menu, and you select Coatl Settings>and Restart coatl and rebuild cache it should fix it. HOWEVER if this still happens, i recommend uninstalling and reinstalling. do you use FSX? if so, read in the instructions about the path in the .ini file.
cheers

Sorry, i didn't mention that, I am using P3DV4.3

I will try it.

Thanks!

EilonKlein

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 09:23:15 pm »
The EGKK folders in the Dropbox are empty  :-[
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:34:07 pm by EilonKlein »

MrDudez

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 07:09:09 am »
Amazing share! Thank you very much for your generosity.

Cheers!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 09:35:13 am »
The EGKK folders in the Dropbox are empty  :-[
check again.

Ankh

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 09:49:15 am »
Thanks for the effort and for providing those files to the community. Just one note: I downloaded everything from dropbox yesterday and LEPA folders were empty.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 10:38:16 am »
Thanks for the effort and for providing those files to the community. Just one note: I downloaded everything from dropbox yesterday and LEPA folders were empty.
Hi there!

Yeap, there where 3 missing, all taken care off. Also LEPA (as well as LFPG) where not totally finished as i stated in the correspongin folder. Now LEPA has been finished this morning. All gates. I'll try to have LFPG finished by this weekend.
Can you please check if the link is still valid? you should now find LEPA in it.

Glad you enjoy it!

Cheers

fruitycocktail

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 02:06:34 pm »
thanks for all of these, they are amazing.  when you get a chance.. budapest lhsimulations for p3d v4 would be fab