Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410221 times)

mulgrave

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2018, 10:46:15 pm »
Thanks a lot. I will try again and revert.

Hi,

thanks for the good work.

installed your files for new As Madrid airport but all default jetways in T gates were gone and no other GSX 2 jetways installed in other gates.
Hi Mulgrave,
It is important to follow very precisely the instructions and in particular in LEMD there are extra README file in the folder:
1. do not install the SODE for that airport.
2. Make sure you run the LEMDConfig from the scenery to set the AFCAD settings to all runways.
let me know if you need help.
Also be advise that in that particular airport I include Airport Charts with the 81 gates or so that are available for the airport. Heavy gates in Terminal 4 can not be substituted by GSX2 for some reason (in my Sim if i try to edit those gates, my sim crashes. FSDT says it might have to do with the AFCAD of the scenery). But still you have tons of GSX2 gates to go to for small and medium aircrafts, also heavy in terminal T. The other HEAVY in terminal 4  can still  be operated by CTRL+J using the scenery jetways..
Cheers.

HB-JHK

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 10:34:19 pm »
Quote from: cartayna link=-topic=19008.msg131922#msg131922 date=1537723708

Coming next...finish the few gates left of LFPG (inmense GSX2 job), will start working in Poland and other Western Europe major airports, Russia...

Thank you, can you maybe start with UDDD (MDESIGN - MOSCOW DOMODEDOVO), please? :)

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2018, 10:54:22 pm »
Quote from: cartayna link=-topic=19008.msg131922#msg131922 date=1537723708

Coming next...finish the few gates left of LFPG (inmense GSX2 job), will start working in Poland and other Western Europe major airports, Russia...

Thank you, can you maybe start with UDDD (MDESIGN - MOSCOW DOMODEDOVO), please? :)

sorry my friend, do not have the scenery! Can only do the ones i have purchased. i could do UUWW -  Moscu Vnukovo - P4D - SimMarket... is as close as i have got.
cheers

BBoyJD10

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2018, 11:58:57 pm »
Please do UK2000 heathrow!
sorry, i do not have it, i purchased EGLL instead..!  :(
:'(

f.skywalker

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2018, 10:13:04 am »
Hallo cartayna ,

thanks for your perfect GSX Level 2 Files.

I have 2 questions.

i have installed  from SimWIngs this Sode files

Sode_Jetways_for_LEMH_Professional V1-00
Sode_Jetways_for_LEIB_Professional_V1-00
Sode_Jetways_for_LEPA_Professional V1-00
Sode_Jetways_for_LEBL_Professional V1-00

I have your GSX files for this Airports in use.
Must i delete or deaktivate the sode files from SimWings.
At this time it is working, i do not see is it the GSX Jetway ore the SimWings Jetway.

2. EDDM (Home Base)
The Jetways from EDDM on Terminal 1 are wrong.
The Jetway comes direkt from the Building to the Airplane. There is no corridor in front of the jetway.
Maybe you can look at some Pictures from EDDM and you can maybe modify this.
At many Possitions at terminal 1 the Jetway went to the Rear Door to my Planes. (I think it Comes from the corridor - The way is to Long)

Sorry about my bad englisch writing...

Thanks from EDDM
Frank
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:34:36 am by f.skywalker »

f.skywalker

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2018, 11:36:11 am »
Hallo cartayna ,

I have 2 questions.

At this time it is working, i do not see is it your GSX Jetway ore the SimWings Jetway.

2. EDDM (Home Base)
The Jetway comes direkt from the Building to the Airplane. There is no corridor in front of the jetway.
At many Possitions at terminal 1 the Jetway went to the Rear Door to my Planes. (I think it Comes from the corridor - The way is to Long)

Thanks from EDDM
Frank

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2018, 12:07:59 pm »
Hallo cartayna ,

I have 2 questions.

At this time it is working, i do not see is it the GSX Jetway ore the SimWings Jetway.

2. EDDM (Home Base)

Thanks from EDDM
Frank
hello F.S.
glad you like them... although still working to improve many of them...it took me a while to get good at this, thus the first airports i did need work. i hope i will be finished with improvements in all of them by this weekend. will keep on publishing here changes made. (I am saying this because LEPA, LEMH and LEIB have been improved,.. now LEPA has all gates changed (you can really tell the difference since LEPA for example has no glass jetways, mine do as in the LEIB & LEMH).
Regarding your questions...
1. Balearic Islands. I did not install them. Thus is as easy as to remove those files or place them in a backup folder in your scenery folder,...in case you want them back on.
2.EDDM. crazy (I must have skipped T1 altogher! LOL). this was one of the first airpots that I did. I started with Germany, thus I started redoing them in the same order, Germany first. I did this week EDDB and EDDH... today i will have EDDM (will leave eddl for tomorrow) see the thing is that in this second round of improvements i am not only working in making better the jetwyas but also placing propperly the vehicles. this takes a huge amount of time in airports such as EDDM. will publish this this evening in this same forum page "A BUNCH...".
Cheers.

f.skywalker

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2018, 12:25:55 pm »
Great.

then simply write the new files over the old files ???

Frank
from EDDM

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2018, 12:26:58 pm »
Great.

then simply write the new files over the old files ???

Frank
from EDDM
EXACTLY! overwrite.

f.skywalker

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2018, 12:46:46 pm »
EDDM have no Logo on the Jetway like Raifeisen or Banking.
The have only the Logo for the Airport Munich    M

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=aiflughafen+m%c3%bcnchen+logo&qpvt=aiflughafen+m%c3%bcnchen+logo&FORM=IGRE

Make a Satelite look to the Buildings at Terminal 1 in Google Mapps

One Problem with Barcelona. LEBL
The Jetways are working with the gsx menue.
When i edit GSX Level2 the Jetways all is gread out. I can not make some changes. Nothing can be changed.
I do not know what Problem i have.

Must i install before the Sode file from Sim Wings

Frank
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:48:35 pm by f.skywalker »

vrouleau

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 03:54:12 pm »
Quick question: What is the benefit of replacing Aerosoft/SimWing jetways that already provide SODE jetways with GSXLevel2 jetways? Native jetways interact with AI, so that is a plus. It is just the looks? Bit a of configuration hassle at LEMD versus just installing sinwing SODE files.

/Vincent

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 04:47:32 pm »
Quick question: What is the benefit of replacing Aerosoft/SimWing jetways that already provide SODE jetways with GSXLevel2 jetways? Native jetways interact with AI, so that is a plus. It is just the looks? Bit a of configuration hassle at LEMD versus just installing sinwing SODE files.

/Vincent
yeap, the looks mostly, and in some airports jetways are not transparent thus you can not see people boarding. in LEMD's case the look of the jetways are pritty shady... compared to the ones i have made. Hassle? it takes no more than 15 secs.

f.skywalker

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2018, 04:49:36 pm »

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=aiflughafen+m%c3%bcnchen+logo&qpvt=aiflughafen+m%c3%bcnchen+logo&FORM=IGRE

When i edit GSX Level2 the Jetways all is gread out. I can not make some changes. Nothing can be changed.

Frank

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2018, 05:03:59 pm »

Frank
Hi Frank,
just for the record, no need to publish twice the same comment. i get a message with both ways of doing it.
Regarding the authenticity of adds, i do not pay much atention to that. for several reasons.
1. you can only choose from the available adds in GSX2. You cant add a custom one. (the ping image you send is empty)
2. if you want to change all the adds of a certain airport (as ai say just available certain ones in GSX2) it takes 5 secs to do so. That is for you guys to customize if you do not like mine. I do this files to take the burden of the more tedious job. Placing the objects in the right place, making the jetways glass so you can see the boarding passengers, and having the gsx2 jetways to work (this last one is the most important since many users of gsx2 are having problems in doing it). Having said this, to change the add.. is simple. follow this easy steps.
   a. CTRL+SHIFT+F12
   b. Customize...
   c. on the popup window go to the left and press the button that says "Select parking with J in gate" (this is if you want to change all jetways add.. if only one select the appropiate one..
   d. now go to the right and in the window that shows the jetway, select the add you like in the logo option, press APPLY down on the right.. and ready!
   e. are you 100% sure EDDM has adds on the jetways? see pic attach. I am afraid that adds in jetways vary from time to time.. as do adds in real life

Ok LEBL. I have hade many problems with my learning in GSX2, that particular one you mention, never happened to me. I do not believe that the scenery has SODE, in any case, if you want to run GSX2 in any airport, you better NOT have the jetways SODE installed. Sorry i can not be of more help.
cheers. (are you 100% sure you have the LEBL - Barcelona P4D AS v1.10?)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 05:18:46 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2018, 06:37:02 pm »

Frank
Hi Frank, here is the redone version of EDDM. I will add it also to the generally shared folder... (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0)
enjoy
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:40:33 pm by cartayna »