Author Topic: New KLAX for FSX/FS9  (Read 7901 times)

crunk747

New KLAX for FSX/FS9
« on: June 14, 2009, 03:27:21 am »
 A great new Los Angeles for FSX and a revamped version for FS9 would be great.
There is no version for FSX and Cloud9 is good for FS9 but its a little outdated and no AES support.  :(
I think this product would actually sell good considering theres no version for FSX and one of largest airports in the US and in the world. I think people would also like the reworked version for FS2004 also with AES support finally.  8)
Please consider this FSDT!!!  ;D ;D ;D (well after DFW of course  8))

Regards,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New KLAX for FSX/FS9
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 03:46:11 am »
This has been answered already:

Since we gets payed by Cloud9 (even now) because they licensed our sales system to sell KLAX, we can't obviously compete with them with a similar product, on FS9. And yes, Cloud9 KLAX is still selling, and reasonably well, considering it was released 3 years ago.

Since FS9 right now is still (unfortunately) about 40% of the market, we can't afford to dump it, yet. We WILL, sooner or later, but we can't right now so, why would we release a scenery which would start immediately with a 40% sales loss, ( because we can legally do only an FSX version ), when we could release an all-new airport, for FSX and FS9, that doesn't start with this handicap ?

crunk747

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:37 am »
Oh ok I understand that 40% sales loss,  :( but it looks to me that Cloud9 has shut its doors  :-\ ... they havent made anything new in a while and their website hasnt been updated in over a year. And if Cloud9 Los Angeles is still selling well then how about an update from Cloud9 w/AES support and other tweaks??  ???

Regards,

Dan

felixthreeone

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:05:57 pm »
With all due respect, Virtuali, I don't see the FS9 market as an 'unfortunate' thing. I have no plans to migrate to FSX for at least another year or two, but I do and will continue to purchase your products for FS9 as long as you continue to make them. And when I do switch,I will continue my support of FS Dreamteam as a result of your continued support for FS9. Some other payware developers have already lost my business because they have abandoned the '40%'. And I will not purchase FSX products from them when I do go to FSX for that reason alone. I don't believe you should drop support for a platform that is still very lively. And I enthusiastically applaud the fact that you are still giving us FS9ers OUTSTANDING products to look forward to. You have definitely earned and will keep my business as long as you are creating sceneries for FS. Thank you.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 03:58:22 pm »
And if Cloud9 Los Angeles is still selling well then how about an update from Cloud9 w/AES support and other tweaks??

Because the designer (Alessandro) now works for FSDT.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 06:23:53 pm »
Oh ok I understand that 40% sales loss,  :( but it looks to me that Cloud9 has shut its doors  :-\ ... they havent made anything new in a while and their website hasnt been updated in over a year.

They haven't shut their doors. The products are still on sale, the web site is up, and so is the support forum and the reactivation email requests are being replied to. And of course, they are still paying us our license fees so, as long as they'll stick to their obligations, so we do.

If anything, the continued existance of an FS9 market demand, has kept Cloud9 alive. IF we had a normal (fast) transition, like the one from FS8 to FS9, I guess they might have not survived so long without new products.

And if Cloud9 Los Angeles is still selling well then how about an update from Cloud9 w/AES support and other tweaks??

Because KLAX wasn't designed with AES in mind which is, incidentally, a reason why it performs better than EHAM. To make it compatible with AES would need some additional effort compared to what we normally do when the scenery IS designed from the start to support AES, which is not something that we can do right now because we obviously prefer to work on new FS9+FSX stuff that is published on our own and free of any obligations to anyone, rather than supporting a 3-years old scenery that was made by another publisher.

To put it in very simple terms: if all you FS9 users would instantly switch to FSX tomorrow, we'll announce a new FSX-only KLAX the day after...

ESzczesniak

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:51:21 pm »
As much as I want a new KLAX for FSX, I have to be honest that I really respect FSDT's integrity and respect for their business partner.  At this point I will just hope marekt dynamics will change or that someone else will choose to work on one.  I haven't heard from FlyTampa in a while, but maybe they or Aerosoft would be interested.

With that said, I have to agree that FSDT is really pushing the FSX thing pretty hard.  I personally have converted, but can recall the time before.  Add-ons are expensive and FSX doesn't always run great (of course, now that I have FSX setup well, I'm very happy with it).  FS9 is slowing fading out, but is still a pretty heavily used simulator and that's customer's choices.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:53:42 pm by ESzczesniak »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 07:51:06 pm »
To put it in very simple terms: if all you FS9 users would instantly switch to FSX tomorrow, we'll announce a new FSX-only KLAX the day after...

Oh well then... No new KLAX anytime in the near future... Sticking with FS9. I am going to drag out FS9 as long as I can. And for those other developers who said, we no longer make FS9 products, saw their income drop.

Thank you Virtualy, for the FS9. But you really want me to go FSX???? I want Malino Malpensa, Rome Fiume, and Praha Ruzyne. That would make me switch to FSX this afternoon! I am not kidding.