Author Topic: VistaMare moved from Aerosoft Forum  (Read 8993 times)

Jack J Jackson

VistaMare moved from Aerosoft Forum
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:07:30 pm »
Hi again Virtuali (Umberto)

Ok, moved this topic from Aerosoft so maybe we should give it a last try. I really appreciate you trying to help me out. I sincerely want your scenerys.

First of all, what i ment with the "Aerosoft way" was that every scenery that I have bought from them works. I install a program (downloaded/boxed version), just insert the serial number and the program installs and WORKS. Never a question about BglManX.dll or any other file problem from FSX. Installs and runs.

Have taken the time to read almost every relevant posting in this forum, but can't find anything that I havn't tested.

A short resumé.

I can't argue with you that there might be a bug in FSX not recognizing add-on files for the first time, as I'm a novis on this. So I just do what you tell me and inform you about the result and hope.

What I have done so far is starting FSX, getting the error message about BglmanX.dll, answering YES, FSX stops working. Have done this now at least 20 times no ALSO with a restart-shutdown/restart of Windows.

Have unistalled ALL FSDT products, deleted every references from FSX.cfg and dll.xml, manually deleted EVERY FSDT libray on my computer, checked the registry for FSDT references. Deleted the Vista Mare libray.

Reinstalled Las Vegas, error message, start/restart another 10 times without luck.

Started FSX with answer NO, checked the scenery library and Las Vegas is there. Start a flight at Las Vegas but with NO buildings only jetways.

Downloaded the latest FSDT-files, checked checksums for ViMaCore and BglManX and they seem to be the same as in one of the postings here.

Can't remember if I have done more.

Jack J Jackson
The Swede in Spain
Interesting thng is that I get NO error message for ViMaCore only BglManX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VistaMare moved from Aerosoft Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:24:56 pm »
First of all, what i ment with the "Aerosoft way" was that every scenery that I have bought from them works. I install a program (downloaded/boxed version), just insert the serial number and the program installs and WORKS. Never a question about BglManX.dll or any other file problem from FSX. Installs and runs.

This is not true for all products. ANY product that use a module to run, REQUIRES in FSX, that you TRUST the executable code, that's why there's the question about running a module or a gague.

This is exactly the same, and is valid for ALL products from ALL developers that use executable code, Aerosoft included, because you HAVE to Trust their modules as well (like the VistaMare.dll) otherwise their products will not work (not ALL, just the one requiring it, like AES), or you have to trust their gauges, and this is valid for ALL airplanes, regardless of the publisher.

So, it's not true that there are "no questions" about modules, because the question to trust an executable is valid for any executable that runs in FSX.

Also, about Aerosoft, it's not true either that "just insert the serial number and the program installs and WORKS" because, the very reason why I tried to help you on Aerosoft's forum, was because you wrote this:

When I start my FSX + Addpac I get an errormessage during the startup telling me that FSX is not compatible with a certain program/file and that the problem i Bglmanx.dll and also ViMacoreX.dll

To that, I replied trying to help you, pointing out that this is a known FSX problem that, as you wrote yourself, affected BOTH Aerosoft module (ViMacoreX.dll as I've told you already, VistaMare IS from Aerosoft) and ours as well (Bglmanx.dll) so, it's nothing specific to a module, it's a FSX problem. We think it's a combination of a FSX problem + a Windows issue with Trusting, because it's usually fixed after a reboot.

Now that we clearly pointed out that the problem is not specific to bglmanx.dll, but can affects any module, because as you said yourself, both modules were affected, let's try to understand why, on YOUR particular system, the usual solution that always works, which is to allow the module to run, and try again, and eventually reboot Windows, still doesn't work on our own module.

Try the following:

- If you are under Vista, try to disable UAC (User Account Control), you do that from the Control Panel, under the User Account settings.

- If you are under Vista, try to disable DEP as well, look here how to do it:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1261/vista_disable_dep_noexecute_protection_fix_explorer_crashing/

- If you have an antivirus enabled, try to disable it, BOTH when installing AND when running FSX

- When you are installing the scenery, check that bglmanx.dll and .dat files ARE being downloaded with no errors.

Jack J Jackson

Re: VistaMare moved from Aerosoft Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:31:08 pm »
Hi

Have tested all that you suggested. No luck.

As I have a feeling that I'm taking up to much of your and my time on this issue' we'll just stop here.

I will upgrade my OS to WIN7 when it is released so I have to reinstall everything from scratch anyway.
Hope that it will be better then.

Jack J Jackson