Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 54717 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2019, 09:38:34 am »
- Be sure you configure the Addon Manager folder to be excluded by the antivirus.

- Be sure a firewall/antivirus is not blocking the Live Update itself.

- Once you confirmed both the above, run the FSDT Live Update again.

islandking

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2019, 10:33:08 am »
Still not working, I have done all what you have advised.

It was working fine before, just stopped working all of a sudden.

I have not changed or added any addons.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2019, 10:47:52 am »
Please contact me in private with a PM, we might have to arrange a remote assistance session to check your system.

MCHIBullDog

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2019, 05:14:32 am »
I am having the same issue, was this able to be resolved?

islandking

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2019, 11:44:14 am »
I am having the same issue, was this able to be resolved?

Not yet.

Loeschflieger

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2019, 01:43:27 pm »
I totally deleted GSX and reinstalled it, now the AddonManager is only visible in the admin version of FSX and not in the normal version. During the installation of GSX the AddonManager is always installed in the admin path, there is no possibility to select the installation path. Can't I influence in which path to install?
I was able to install level two without any problems, and after paying I was able to use it fully. But only in admin mode.
An installation in the normal mode does not bring the desired success.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:48:43 pm by Loeschflieger »

dagauy

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2019, 11:55:38 pm »
Same here since today, uninstalled and installed several times with antivirus off and nothing

ptysimmer

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2019, 12:53:20 am »
Hello ! Are you having issues again with the Updater ? I updated this morning using your FSDT Update Tool and, since then, COUATL is not loading and all my FSDT previously activated sceneries are now in TRIAL Mode....

Whats Wrong ??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2019, 01:20:17 pm »
Hello ! Are you having issues again with the Updater ? I updated this morning using your FSDT Update Tool and, since then, COUATL is not loading and all my FSDT previously activated sceneries are now in TRIAL Mode....

Nothing is wrong with the updater or Couatl.exe, which has been updated 10 days ago so, unless you weren't updating since then, nothing in the latest update could possibly cause not loading it. But a Windows update gone wrong, a missing system library, an antivirus interfering, surely could.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2019, 01:32:59 pm »
For other reasons, I had to reinstall my Windows from scratch so, I took the chance to test a really "clean" GSX install, which is not always easy to do. And I can confirm there are no problems whatsoever with the current version, which worked at the first try, without having to configure anything, not even the antivirus ( default Windows Defender ).

So, if you still have problems, contact me in private to arrange a remote assistance session.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2019, 01:36:07 pm »
During the installation of GSX the AddonManager is always installed in the admin path, there is no possibility to select the installation path. Can't I influence in which path to install?

Of course you can, but only the first time you install it, so that other FSDT installs will always end up together.

If you want to move it, you must Uninstall AND reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", so you'll be able to choose a destination folder again on the next install. If you have more than one FSDT product, you must uninstall/reinstall them all.

Uninstalling/reinstalling, will never affect your registration.

fr0xyo

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2019, 03:38:46 pm »
Hi all,

I have a problem since this morning that my GSX stopped working, it was working fine yesterday but it has stopped working after updating this morning. I already tried deleting the COUATL folder in programdata, but that does not work either (I ran the live updater afterwards). GSX isn't even showing up in the addon tab and in the addon manager it says that it isn't activated. When I try to activate it it says that COUATL cannot start because of an anti-virus issue, I do not have an anti virus installed however plus I made sure to turn off the windows defender AV.

Any suggestions on what to do?

SN737

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2019, 03:39:42 pm »
My good Lord, what's going on with this add-on!. Reformated PC, downloaded GSX Level 2 from fsdreamteam web page, installed. First run and intent to register I can't.
A windows stating "the couatl scripting engine hasn't started..." I do not use any antivirus software and I disable Windows Defender Antivirus and derivatives as soon as I install windows.
Please update the application so that people who bought GSX and GSX Level 2 as me can use it.
Thank you
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:08:49 pm by SN737 »

emsss78

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2019, 03:43:10 pm »
Seems like a general issue..same thing with me...all was working fine until I did an update an hour ago. I uninstalled GSX and removed all folders and re-downloaded GSX from the website and re-installed, still no good !!

Here's a topic with the same problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22648.0.html

Glad I'm not the only one with the problem.

mcdonoughdr

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2019, 03:56:45 pm »
For other reasons, I had to reinstall my Windows from scratch so, I took the chance to test a really "clean" GSX install, which is not always easy to do. And I can confirm there are no problems whatsoever with the current version, which worked at the first try, without having to configure anything, not even the antivirus ( default Windows Defender ).

So, if you still have problems, contact me in private to arrange a remote assistance session.

Same issue here... everything worked 3 days ago, and now I can't get a single FSDT product to load let alone get to the activation screen even though I never deactivated anything...