Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53736 times)

Timothy Metzinger

Re: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 04:24:57 am »
One final update:

I rolled back to the "good state".
I added all my other scenery, did a Windows update, updated my NVIDIA driver.
I had the COUATL menus, I had everything working at KLAS.
So I had a current up-to-date "good state" with everything working.
I made a new backup of this state.
I then started P3D4, got the notice that an update was needed.  I shutdown P3D.   I watched in Task Manager until P3D was no longer executing.
I ran the Live update process.
I rebooted.
I ran P3D4.  No COUATL, no buildings in KLAS.

So... the only thing I can see that changed are whatever changes were implemented by the live update process.  I'm going back to the pre-update state, and will try again if/when you tell me that things have changed in the update process, and other folks have reported this issue solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 09:13:55 am »
I'm going to roll back once more, and install some other scenery I purchased today, and ignore the FSDT Liveupdate prompt for the time being.

Why you keep ignoring what I say, and do exactly the opposite ? I asked NOT to roll back or restore. I asked if you wanted to have a Teamviewer session with me, so I can check your system directly and see what's REALLY going on.

You said we might have a Live Update problem. That's possible, of course (it might not depend on us, but on the Cloudflare network we use to accelerate the download), and this CAN be troubleshooted as well, but it's a bit complex for an user, that's why I asked to check your system directly, because while I can't see any problems with the Live Update on *my* system, I would miss anything that might be related to the server network, because they are different depending on your location.

I'm waiting for your PM, after you restored your system to the very last situation, the one that resulted in Couatl not starting.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 12:19:29 pm »
I am not going to do a TeamViewer session, as I mentioned a few posts back.  If you read and understand my posts, you'll see that I can recreate the problem at will simply by running the liveupdate on the otherwise good system. 

So, if you want log files, or want to tell me to try making registry or other changes, I'll cooperate.  Or I will wait a while and periodically try after you make additional changes in the code pushed out via liveupdate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 12:41:48 pm »
I am not going to do a TeamViewer session, as I mentioned a few posts back.

That doesn't mean it's the correct choice, even if you said that. I TRIED to make you understand why some things can only be tested live on your system.

There are companies that *charge* money for such kind of remote assistance, usually they come with maintenance contracts, I really cannot see why this is a problem for you, considering TM is a product *designed* to do remote assistance. If you are worried about security issues, if you don't start it yourself, nobody can connect to your system, and the password changes at every session so, even if you let me enter in once, it couldn't do it again without your express consent.

If you read and understand my posts, you'll see that I can recreate the problem at will simply by running the liveupdate on the otherwise good system.  

And if you read and understand my post, you would have known that some issues with Live Update, can be related to YOUR specific location, due to the fact the server used is automatically selected by Cloudflare, to download from the one closes to your place. They have more than 120 servers, it's *possible* one of those might not work well, not being updated entirely, etc.

And this CAN be troubleshooted too, and but only on your own system.

This, based on your own report and assumption that something is wrong with Live Update.

So, if you want log files, or want to tell me to try making registry or other changes, I'll cooperate.  Or I will wait a while and periodically try after you make additional changes in the code pushed out via liveupdate.

We made changes to support the new Aerosoft A320/321 for P3D4 just now, but I doubt they would make any difference, if the problem was really something wrong with our software.  Only a single file changed, and was the airplane database.

These changes might have triggered a refresh of your local Cloudflare server (we don't have any control over their network individual) so, perhaps, you might find that updating now fixes your problem, so you'll think we fixed some kind of bug we had, but that's ok, as long you can run the software.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 04:10:35 am »
Try to run Live Update again now. We found a problem with the some Cloudflare servers not updating correctly, which affected some users, depending on their location.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 03:04:38 pm »
I've got other stuff to do this morning, but I WILL try this evening, and let you know.

It would be nice if there was a way to specify a "known good" repository, or if the distribution network you use had better monitoring of sync status.   I understand your frustration - I had similar issues with Akamai in the early days of content distribution networks.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 12:37:07 am »
I'm pleased to inform you that the update performed correctly this evening.   Hopefully you have some sort of SLAs with your content distribution provider, and can get some credit for all the grief you and your customers suffered.

Loeschflieger

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 02:54:02 pm »
Hello, I'm Reinhard,
the GSX menu does not start with the default setting Ctrl+F12, and also not with a setting I chose, e.g. Ctrl+F11.

My system is W10

Thank you for your help

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:25:00 pm by Loeschflieger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2019, 09:35:21 am »
Do you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ? Also, it would be helpful if you said which simulator you use, the precise version.

Loeschflieger

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 12:24:23 pm »
Yes, the GSX menu is available under Addons in the Sim. Sorry I forgot, I use the FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2019, 12:33:15 pm »
Does GSX appear if you call it from the "Addons" menu ? If yes, it means you have a conflicting addon that took the GSX key, so you must change it.

Loeschflieger

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2019, 11:53:28 am »
I have tested all combinations F1 - F12 with Shift, Ctrl and TAB, unfortunately the test was no success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:38 am »
Does GSX appear if you call it from the "Addons" menu ?

Loeschflieger

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 12:41:46 pm »
the following displays appear in the ADDON menu: SODE 1.6.3, FSUIPC, ADDON Manager, VistaMare, Couatl settings, Couatl Live Update,
GSX, Key Mapping
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 05:14:59 pm by Loeschflieger »

Loeschflieger

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 12:29:19 pm »
Nobody have an idea? :'(