Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 54531 times)

FrozenMalibu

Re: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2019, 10:25:19 pm »
Hello there,

same problem for me. Deleting
Code: [Select]
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl did not help. Updating did not help (after the control panel showing that P3D is closed) and a complete reinstallation also did not help.

Best regards
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:12:10 pm by FrozenMalibu »

ehasanov74

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2019, 10:47:13 pm »
Same problem here
Just to add. After update there is no Couatl folder inside Program Data\Virtuali
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:58:26 pm by ehasanov74 »

Diego Madariaga

« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2019, 10:49:55 pm »
Same problem here, clearly this is not the same error that is spoken in the other topics given in response. Please fix

american398

« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2019, 10:50:34 pm »
same

TheBosnianSee-saw

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2019, 10:56:06 pm »
yep, same here. Whats going on now? Seems like every time you guys put out an update peoples stuff gets messed up. From flashing triangles to BS like this. Come on dude.

Sabretooth78

« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2019, 10:57:30 pm »
Same here.  I'm also getting CTDs with Event Viewer showing couatl.exe as a faulting application.

Incidentally, I ran LiveUpdate a few times last night (say by 0200z) and everything was working properly, so it has been something in the past 18 hours so.

Edit:  I restored the entire "...\Addon Manager\couatl" folder and subfolders (and nothing else!) from Backblaze and absent any inspection beyond simply starting the sim, all now seems well - the updater is definitely pulling something buggy off of the server right now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:14:13 pm by Sabretooth78 »

dbrashears

« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2019, 11:20:58 pm »
I have the same problem after and un-install and re-install. System is trash now. Hope they come up with a fix soon.

Don Brashears

sikke

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2019, 11:27:12 pm »
I just replied in another thread. I'm having the same issue. Did any of your live updates install visual studio? and continue to do so every time you run live update?

-Tony@PVD

I'm having the same installation from visual studio every time I do the update.

cjibbotson

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2019, 12:03:34 am »
Add me to the list too.  Just tried the update after reading about many others having a problem on Facebook.  GSX entries missing in Add-on menu within Prepar3D 4.5 HF2.  If I select Add-on Manager and view GSX and Level 2 they have been lost their registration.  If I click to register to then re-enter my activation key I get an error message:

"The Couatl scripting engine hasnt started.  This is usually caused by an antivirus that has blocked it...."  I have done as it suggests and added Add-on Manager as an exclusion but it still fails.  By the way WHY is Add-On Manager a 32 Bit app when running on a 64 Bit sim?

Chris

american398

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2019, 12:05:53 am »
for me, nothing is working. just installed CYVR and no buildings, no caultl, no GSX no nothing.

american398

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2019, 12:14:33 am »
yeah looks like alot of people are having this issue.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22661.msg152756.html#new

cjibbotson

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2019, 12:14:40 am »
Add me to the list too.  Just tried the update after reading about many others having a problem on Facebook this evening.  GSX entries missing in Add-on menu within Prepar3D 4.5 HF2.  If I select Add-on Manager and view GSX and Level 2 they have been lost their registration.  If I click to register to then re-enter my activation key I get an error message:

"The Couatl scripting engine hasnt started.  This is usually caused by an antivirus that has blocked it...."  I have done as it suggests and added Add-on Manager as an exclusion but it still fails.  By the way WHY is Add-On Manager a 32 Bit app when running on a 64 Bit sim?  I also got an update notification a few days ago too which I completed, GSX worked last night but not tonight after this latest update!

Chris

cjibbotson

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2019, 12:19:25 am »
I have exactly the same problem, worked last night but not tonight after running the update.  I did not have the sim running today so running the updater too soon after closing is not a reason.  I had added Add-on Manager folder to the exclusion list of AVG.  Havent tried reinstalling will try that now but no faith in that given so many others are experiencing exactly the same problem

Chris

flibinite

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2019, 12:25:07 am »
+1

Gex31

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2019, 12:40:04 am »
Hi guys,
I have the same problem. I uninstalled GSX 2 and reinstalled it. Still no GSX menu and no GSX/cuault in the add-ons tab.