Author Topic: Cockpit graphics  (Read 6833 times)

Colhill

Cockpit graphics
« on: November 26, 2007, 04:37:30 am »
I have noticed that all the wording on the cockpit panel is illegible and "out of focus". I am not able to read anything. What could be the cause and what can I do to rectify this. I noticed from pictures seen on one of the forums, all wording is clear, in fact the whole panel is clear, nothing like mine.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cockpit graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:46 am »
For some reason, your videocard is loading a lower mip-map level.

This might either depend on video drivers, or too high graphic settings: your machine can't simply keep up with the load, and throws away higher detail textures. Sometimes, putting sliders on the right might even result in a lower graphic quality.

Colhill

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:44 pm »

I have included a photo of what I am seeing. I have my 3D virtual cockpit ticked and have tried all settings and still no joy. I have a Geforce 8800GS video card. Is there anyone who can assist. Thank you  for the quick response. If anyone can assist, I would appreciate it. Is there any other setting that I need to lower?

Hallenbeck

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 11:32:41 am »
This is common problem which most users don't see or in many cases didn't notice. (Sorry for my english)
As posted before some sliders do most things wrong when they are at full right.
Go to the general graphic settings on SETTINGS -DISPLAY; GRAPHICS and check your GLOBAL TEXTURE QUALITY.
When I changed it on MEDIUM I have got same result as you have on your picture, correct it on maximum and check result.
Basicaly this setting is affecting all global textures like walls on default generic houses, trees and so on. It affect even outside plane surfaces. If you are using only addons aircraft you will not see any difference when changing this, maybe that's why you didn't see any reason to move this slider higher to see changes. But this setting is affecting all build-in aircrafts, boats, cars, generaly all build-in objects delivered with your FSX package and F-18 is one of them...

Hope it helped, because generaly whole simulation after this setting on HIGH or VERY HIGH will look much much better but don't overshoot the resolution on your graphic card otherwise you will have low FPS...

I have 8800GTS 320MB

Colhill

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:42:43 pm »
Thank you very much Hallenbeck for replying and for the information. I reset the global texture resolution and what a difference, I can now see all the wording and everything is nice and clear.
Thank you for making the trouble to reply and assist, it is appreciated.