Author Topic: AF2 KJFK  (Read 3706 times)

afraj

AF2 KJFK
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:51:11 am »
I happen to be an owner of the KJFK scenery, but didn't really have a chance to use it. I am very familiar with the airport as i use to live next to it and it used to be my hang out place. For some reason, when 31LR are in used they are not following the pattern as they do in the real world, 31R is not used for take offs, and aircrafts take off from the very begining of 31L. I was wondering if there's a fix for this or is it the way it is in this scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AF2 KJFK
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:56:21 am »
You should really read all the post about the AFCADs: there are just things flight sim can't do but, it's just impossible to explain it in a post, you need to get to know more of the subjects, to realize what it's possible to do and what it's not, and possible side effects. There are plenty of discussions about AFCAD in the product's sections, not necessarily JFK, because the issues can be applied to any scenery.

MAC

Re: AF2 KJFK
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:49:49 am »
Allow me: you can modify this parameter using Lee Swordy's AFCAD version 2.21 (c2003, freeware), which is exactly what I did.  You are correct: aircraft departing 31L utilize the full length of runway and await takeoff clearance from taxiway Z.  If you want, you can download the modified file from the screenshots forum, or do it yourself using AFCAD 2.21.

Great job w/KJFK, guys!  Love it.
--------------------------------
M