Author Topic: after latest L2 update - when loading passengers locks up  (Read 5001 times)

Bill721

after latest L2 update - when loading passengers locks up
« on: September 09, 2018, 02:43:24 pm »
What happens:  Call for loading passengers, van stops before it gets to the plane and the van engine sounds keep going but the van never gets close to the plane to load passengers.  Can't reset couatl.  GSX is locked up and can't get out of it.  Even after I exit from the P3dv4.3 I continue to hear the van engine until I shut down the PC.

Other info:
Running P3dv4.3 client only updated on windows 10 machine.
Everything is working fine prior to upgrade.
I haven't purchased L2 yet.
I did the L2 update with antivirus and firewall off.  I also ran the program update after loading L2 to make sure I was on the latest version.
Location fsdt Memphis KMEM parking location 964 area.  Also tested at kolv with same results
Plane Duke Twin and Duke turbine twin.

I've gone back to a previous image so I have everything working with the old version.  I would like to buy L2 but I don't want GSX to lock up on me.  If you can research and let me know if you can reproduce and fix I would appreciate it so I can get L2.  

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: after latest L2 update - when loading passengers locks up
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 05:02:02 pm »
The problem with passengers not boarding with smaller planes has been fixed in the latest Live Update.

mike4370

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »
no it hasn't, I just ran live update and then tried to board passengers in the A2A C182 and the problem still exists

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 05:23:38 pm »
no it hasn't, I just ran live update and then tried to board passengers in the A2A C182 and the problem still exists

Yes, it has, but not with planes THAT small. I believe the smallest stair we have can go as low as 1.00 meters, and without a stair passenger cannot work.

What is the height of that plane passenger door ? Have you seen a stair ?

Thrym

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 06:39:50 pm »
Very same problem here. Location or aircraft doesn't matter. The crew bus will stop 10-15 meters behind the airplane and then gsx hangs and the menu is not working anymore. The audio from the bus is still running. When exiting p3d, couatl.exe process hangs and i have to kill the process manually. I've tried this on LIML and some other default airports with a Beechcraft 390 and a Fokker F50.

However, it happens only if the plane is not configured in the editor, if you edit an entrance then it does not hang.

I did not buy L2 either but now i can't board planes anymore with GSX without configuring an exit/entrance first, otherwise it hangs. In the previous version this issue was not there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 06:42:07 pm »
However, it happens only if the plane is not configured in the editor, if you edit an entrance then it does not hang.

Using an airplane without any GSX configuration is something we really cannot recommend. It might have been possible with very early GSX versions, when it didn't had all the features it has now. But with the current version, you really have to configure the airplane properly.

Thrym

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 07:26:32 pm »
VERY early? It was 2.3.0.3? Then make it so that the application does not hang and mention it in the manual, if i want to use it again i have to restart the sim.
When i'm flying smaller GA aircraft (what i very regularly do)  then it's pretty useless to configure doors if you can't see any passengers boarding it if you did not buy L2? But now i have to? I'm not happy with this. I think i'll go back a version, i'm not in the mood to configure a lot of small aircraft now just so i can continue boarding without a hassle.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:31:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 07:33:07 pm »
VERY early? It was 2.3.0.3? Then make it so that the application does not hang and mention it in the manual, if i want to use it again i have to restart the sim.

Yes, we'll likely change the program so it will issue a warning that it won't work without a configuration, so it will not hang. But you'll still have to configure the plane.

Bill721

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 10:04:54 pm »
Yes, we'll likely change the program so it will issue a warning that it won't work without a configuration, so it will not hang. But you'll still have to configure the plane.

Question:
Is this a one-time manual configuration for each plane type, or do you have to do it for each repaint?  

Are instructions for configuring the plane in the manual?

I would appreciate the warning so I don't have the lock-up condition.

Umberto, thank you for the quick replies as always.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 10:25:42 pm »
Is this a one-time manual configuration for each plane type, or do you have to do it for each repaint?  

One for each airplane folder. Repaints do not count, unless they are installed in a separate folder with a different name.

Are instructions for configuring the plane in the manual?

Of course.

Thrym

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 05:02:28 am »
Quote from: virtuali
Using an airplane without any GSX configuration is something we really cannot recommend. It might have been possible with very early GSX versions, when it didn't had all the features it has now. But with the current version, you really have to configure the airplane properly.
But why is this a problem? If there is no door configured, just drive the bus upthere without further crew/passenger animations like it was before L2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 10:58:19 am »
But why is this a problem? If there is no door configured, just drive the bus upthere without further crew/passenger animations like it was before L2?

We could do that, but we want instead discourage users from using unconfigured airplanes. This makes almost impossible to troubleshoot problems, and it will become worse and worse, the more features we add.

Bill721

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 03:11:42 pm »
Umberto, I configured my smaller aircraft in the prior version.  Will those configurations carry over when I update to L2, or will I have to reconfigure again?

Thanks, Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 03:17:18 pm »
Umberto, I configured my smaller aircraft in the prior version.  Will those configurations carry over when I update to L2, or will I have to reconfigure again

Yes, they are all compatible.