Author Topic: Recent Update?  (Read 4600 times)

bhorv67

Recent Update?
« on: July 27, 2018, 12:39:31 am »
I noticed Live Update updated 14 files in KMEM. What changes were made?

Thomasba

Re: Recent Update?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 10:30:01 am »
I noticed Live Update updated 14 files in KMEM. What changes were made?

how did you spot this :o I've always wondered what gets updated when I run the updater but it all goes through so quickly!
Regards
Brian

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 04:38:16 pm »
I have requested Umberto to list the updates as they are made so that we can see them, rather than see them just flash past. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 01:42:46 pm »
I have requested Umberto to list the updates as they are made so that we can see them, rather than see them just flash past.

The release notes that can be read following a Live Update notification are there precisely for that reason.

However, we don't always publish release notes for *everything*, because some user said they were annoyed of constant Live Update notifications so, we try to limit them to the most important things, like bugfixes or new features.

The new files for KMEM have updated ground textures, to made some of them a bit brighter in order to differentiate better the different concrete types, and with much less "dirt", and these of course where both changes asked by users, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17051.0.html

as usual, we always keep every suggestion into consideration, and add it whenever we have some spare time. And, since in this case it was just a cosmetic issue which doesn't really change anything in the product functionality, we haven't published new release notes which would in turn trigger a Live Update notification for everyone.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:42:50 am by virtuali »

ahuimanu

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:22:07 pm »
Umberto,

where can I read this update file? the release notes?

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 09:23:31 am »
Umberto,
Noone wants to be bombarded with masses of update details. But nor do we want to see a heap of changes implemented without knowledge of the effects of them.

Each update, presumably, has been made because you felt it important enough to make the change. So there is a need to find a middle way of notifying significant changes so that we understand how the software is progressing. Only you can make this decision, and we have to feel that our best interests are continuing to be served. ;)

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Thomasba

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 10:38:50 am »
How about a simple txt file of updated files placed in the "\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam" folder. theose that want to see the updates and those that don't......don't  :D
Regards
Brian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 02:27:46 pm »
How about a simple txt file of updated files placed in the "\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam" folder. theose that want to see the updates and those that don't......don't

And how are supposed to even *known* the "simple .TXT file" HAS been updated, so you are supposed to read it again (if you are interested, of course) ? Without even mentioning that a "simple" list of updated files don't really tell anything, unless there's an explanation about what they do.

Which, incidentally, it's precisely what we already have now, with the automatic notification of updates. The only real issue is, every user has its own idea of when a notification is useful and when it starts to become annoying...

Thomasba

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 11:48:49 am »
A bit touchy I think Umberto. Don't worry I'll keep my thoughts to myself in future
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:36:13 pm by virtuali »
Regards
Brian