Author Topic: P3D V4.3 Taxiway Signs at Night (DL) **SOLVED**  (Read 9445 times)

Mike Esposito

P3D V4.3 Taxiway Signs at Night (DL) **SOLVED**
« on: July 15, 2018, 04:21:43 am »
I'm experiencing some issues with taxi signage at night. I'm using the latest P3D v4.3 and I experienced this recently flying into CLT. The taxiway signs do not seem to contain any textures and are all "white/blank" only at night. See photos.

I've ensured I have the latest updates, disabled/re-enabled as well as uninstalled and reinstalled. Still did not work.

The taxi signs show up fine during the day.

I'm using AS4, REX and PTA as well as the FS Labs A320 when testing.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:59:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4.3 Taxiway Signs at Night (DL)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:41:07 am »
I cannot replicate this, and nobody ever reported it so far but, I guess that using such a potentially dangerous tool like PTA, which plays with shaders, can possibly cause this.

Try to remove/disable PTA, and have P3D rebuild its shaders, by removing the following folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Restart the sim, and wait a couple of minutes for the black screen to go away, and see if it makes any difference.

Mike Esposito

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 06:10:00 pm »
I've disabled PTA and cleared shaders but still running into some problems.

Whats interesting is if I start the sim at one of the runways, the taxiway signs display correctly throughout the airport. If I start at a gate, I have the blank/white taxiway signs. So I tried starting at a runway and then using GSX to warp me to one of the gates and the taxiway signs then turned white once I was at the gate.

Does that indicate any PTA/REX problem that you are aware of?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 09:12:02 am »
I've disabled PTA and cleared shaders but still running into some problems.

Does it mean it DID make a difference, so you are now having some problems, but the one you posted has been reduced/fixed ?

Does that indicate any PTA/REX problem that you are aware of?

Nobody reported it before the way you posted it, but surely PTA will change the look of the scenery at night, usually making it unrealistically brighter and too saturated, but that didn't seem like your issue.

Mike Esposito

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:22:18 am »
No it did not make any difference in what I am seeing. Same as before.

I will continue to disable any related texture programs that I have (ASCA, REX, PTA) and see if that clears any of these issues up.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:53:05 pm by virtuali »

truthknown

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 06:56:12 am »
I just landed at KCLT and I have the exact same problem reported here. Never had a problem before so not sure what is causing it. I do not use PTA but use ENVTEX. However, I have flown at KCLT numerous times with ENVTEX with no issues. Not sure what could be causing this problem all of a sudden.

Chris Lezama

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:19:09 am »
Not sure what could be causing this problem all of a sudden.

The only think you can sure of, it's not the scenery, because we haven't updated it in a while so, if it happened recently, the only possible cause of a change or a problem of your settings, likely caused by some other addon that plays with textures/setting/shaders.

truthknown

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 05:07:42 pm »
The only changes to my setup has been installation of P3D 4.3 and any updates from 3rd party packages associated with the 4.3 update. Also the Aerosoft Professional A319. I will delete my shader folder and rebuild it to see if that helps.

Chris

truthknown

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:24:10 pm »
I deleted my shaders folder and had it rebuild it, as well as ran the FSDT Live Updater to see if this would go away. It hasn't. Funny thing, it doesn't occur over the entire airport, the west side of the airport is largely unaffected with taxi signs showing perfectly. The terminal area and east side of the airport has all taxi signs missing, and many of the green taxiway lighting missing. I have no clue what would cause this to happen, especially if it is working in a large portion of the scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 05:59:41 pm »
Funny thing, it doesn't occur over the entire airport, the west side of the airport is largely unaffected with taxi signs showing perfectly.

Thank for this: I probably checked the other side, and haven't noticed it. Run the FSDT Live Update now, to get a fixed file.

truthknown

Re: P3D V4.3 Taxiway Signs at Night (DL) **SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 02:37:38 am »
Thanks! The taxiway signs problem is now resolved. However, I am still missing a bunch of green taxiway lights throughout the scenery. In some areas its full coverage, some its spotty, and others there are none.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 02:09:47 pm »
Green taxiway lights are not supposed to be everywhere, and that's is normal. If you think there's a place that should have them, please indicate the exact Lat/Lon coordinates and we'll check it.

truthknown

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 03:43:18 am »
I agree they shouldn't be everywhere, but its inconsistent in many places. Easier to show you pictures than to describe. Coords in the pics. One of the pics shows the lights completely misaligned with the taxiway line. Not sure why I am having so many issues all of a sudden.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 12:48:57 pm »
Coords in the pics. One of the pics shows the lights completely misaligned with the taxiway line. Not sure why I am having so many issues all of a sudden.

Which one ?

truthknown

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 06:26:00 pm »
Sorry, one of the pics got duplicated. Its this one.