Author Topic: AES for other products  (Read 9656 times)

Dimon

AES for other products
« on: October 27, 2007, 02:25:13 pm »
since AER for LSZH is under way, is there any chance that AES support would be also provided for EHAM, KLAX and KDCA?

Thank you
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AES for other products
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:31:12 pm »
Unfortunately, not.

We explained already on Cloud9 forum: we don't have anything against AES. It's just that all our previous FS9 sceneries already had animated jetways and ground vehicles long before AES was around.

To add AES support to those, we should support and maintain two separate set of files: one with our animations and another without, in order to be compatibile with AES. We certainly do not want to get rid of our animations, because is still a value added to those not having AES.

Zurich is different, because it has been designed from start taking into account an AES update.

Dimon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 03:59:13 pm »
Thanks for the answer
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

geoffbecks

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

I have to strongly agree here that AES would help with the sales of your airports to a greater audiance. Also I am going to go out on a limb here as you said that all your sceneries have already active gates. What about Bergen ? I dont seem to have any active gates for that version (fs9)  I only like to fly on line and when I fly into Schipol its only pot luck if the ATC direct me to a gate with working jetways. So I am going to publicly beg you and grovell in the hope that you take heart and allow Oliver to get all the gates working on your fantastic sceneries.....Pleeeasee  ;D ;D ;D

BernhardS

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 06:34:03 pm »
Hello,
for me I think the same way. AES is a bestseller on Aerosoft and many people use it. It has far more than moving jetways so it would be a great way to expand your other airports! I would like to use AES in LIRF Rome (Lago). Isn't that airport also from you?

Bernhard Scharbert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 11:59:15 pm »
Folks,

I know that  many of you would like to have AES for other airports too but, there's also a copyright issue here.

We own rights for Zurich, so we can anything we want with it. But Cloud9 owns the copyright for all their products, and copyright for Rome, instead, is LAGO's.

That's another good reason why we finally decided to self-publish: we don't want to be in a position when we can't fully control our stuff. I think that's best for users, in the end.

BernhardS

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:37:17 am »
but honestly I thought YOU are Cloud9. Didn't knew that's that another subject.

I'm not Cloud9, they are just one of my customers for the Addon Manager, as Aerosoft is. I was involved a little bit more than that for some of the products, like the Phantom and XClass, but always as a contractor. I don't have (or had) any share or interest in Cloud9, they are a totally separate company owned by different people, and they solely own all copyrights for the products I developed for them. The other guys were also working, as independents, for Cloud9 as well, but were never part of the company. One was employed by Cloud9, but quit more than 1 year ago.

We "regrouped" as FSDreamTeam, but we are not "Cloud9 in disguies". Cloud9 still exists as a separate entity as it always was, it might even hire other developers, if they want, and it's even possible we'll do something for them again, in the future.

By the way......what about a FSX version of LIRF and the other roman airports??

At the moment, we are not too excited making products too closely related to the italian market. It's just not strong enough.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:26:26 pm by virtuali »

sq_a380

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 03:26:48 pm »
Hello,
for me I think the same way. AES is a bestseller on Aerosoft and many people use it. It has far more than moving jetways so it would be a great way to expand your other airports! I would like to use AES in LIRF Rome (Lago). Isn't that airport also from you?

Bernhard Scharbert
There is a very high quality freeware LIRF scenery available from Avsim by ISC (Italian  Scenery Design) which is also AES compatible.