Author Topic: cannot download any scenery  (Read 5987 times)

fliegzeuger

cannot download any scenery
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:38:07 am »
Hey there,

I cannot download any of your sceneries. Some time ago i purchased JFK and wanted to reinstall it now but the download fails. I ger forwarded to a "mediafire.com" page.

Any solution

thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: cannot download any scenery
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:22:46 pm »
Works fine here. Try to either refresh the page, or clear your browser cache.

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:18:44 am »
When trying to download the FSX versions of KORD and KJFK, the following message is shown:

"This file is temporarily unavailable because there are no resources available under the owner's account."

I tried clearing the cache and cookies.  I still received the same message.

Marty
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:26:23 am »
That message doesn't have anything to do with cookies and browser cache, it's just that you guys are downloading like crazy, and ate all our bandwidth assignement for this month so, we simply had to buy more...

Try now, it should work.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 07:03:14 am »
And at the moment, MAY 7th @ 2200 PST, I can't download Geneva. Gettin the mediafire deal...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 01:06:03 pm »
There are no problems here. And, checking the logs, 36 people have successfully downloaded LSGG yesterday so, there are no problems with the file.

As I've said, if you ever get the download error, the solutions are always these:

- refresh the page: the link might have been updated, but your browser is not showing it up yet.

- if the above doens't work, clear the browser cache.

- if the above doens't work, delete all cookies from mediafire.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:07:51 pm by virtuali »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:32:04 pm »
There are no problems here. And, checking the logs, 36 people have successfully downloaded LSGG yesterday so, there are no problems with the file.

As I've said, if you ever get the download error, the solutions are always these:

- refresh the page: the link might have been updated, but your browser is not showing it up yet.

- if the above doens't work, clear the browser cache.

- if the above doens't work, delete all cookies from mediafire.

Virtuali, Quite naturally I did all that or otherwise I would not have replied in this topic with all above instructions posted. I don't know what the nearest mirrors are to Los Angeles but the downloads are not working from here... I had to reinstall my sceneries last night and FS kept saying they were outdated. So I downloaded all of them again but Geneva is simply not working... I thought the addon manager would have cleared all that... I just tried again, and whereas all I need is Geneva, none of the sceneries are downloading a this point.

Caio

EDIT: It's working now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:11:47 pm by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 08:12:33 pm »

I think this might be different for different people, because of the DNS updates. Mediafire uses a *lot* of servers, probably thousands, and on a specific link, the actual IP address might change several times.

What makes the connection between a name and the IP are the DNS servers, and those are usually handled by your ISP so, if your ISP has DNS servers that get updated slower, not all users might get the correct IP addresses at the same time. That's probably why it simply started to work after some time.

One solution might be, instead of connecting with the default DNS servers offered by your ISP, to use the OpenDNS servers, see the link below for instruction how to use them, it's really simple:

http://www.opendns.com/

the use is totally free, and I usually noticed to be more reliable and updated faster than the one offered by my ISP.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 09:12:51 pm »

I think this might be different for different people, because of the DNS updates. Mediafire uses a *lot* of servers, probably thousands, and on a specific link, the actual IP address might change several times.

What makes the connection between a name and the IP are the DNS servers, and those are usually handled by your ISP so, if your ISP has DNS servers that get updated slower, not all users might get the correct IP addresses at the same time. That's probably why it simply started to work after some time.

One solution might be, instead of connecting with the default DNS servers offered by your ISP, to use the OpenDNS servers, see the link below for instruction how to use them, it's really simple:

http://www.opendns.com/

the use is totally free, and I usually noticed to be more reliable and updated faster than the one offered by my ISP.

Bookmarked!! Thanks, I will keep this in mind for the future. :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:15:30 pm by newmanix »