Author Topic: 2 copies of FS2004 on one computer possible ?  (Read 15984 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 2 copies of FS2004 on one computer possible ?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 12:12:46 am »
I ticked on the up-date install and got a message that the 9.1 update seams to be installed.

As I've said, you need to be sure there's no BACKUP folder in the FS9 folder. If there is one, remove it.

If the 9.1 updater still refuse to run, you need to go through the repair route. You don't find a repair program in the CD1. Try to go into the Control Panel, as if you were to Uninstall FS9, then check if it offers you a repair option.

But, BEFORE you repeair, you need to REMOVE all the default MS .DLL from the MODULES folder, so the repair would be able to restore them and the 9.1 updater to update them.

Am I getting any further in getting my sceneries back?

The sceneries, as clearly indicated on the web site, requires the 9.1 update.

It's just that the older installers didn't checked before, but then we had to reply to support questions of users with 9.0, that wondered why the scenery wouldn't show up, and that's because the scenery works only with 9.1 so, even if there were no installer check, it woudn't work in 9.0 in any case.

I do not have a g3d.dll but still have the default GLOBAL & G3D dll's version 9.0.0.30612 in the Modules map

So, you have a g3d.dll and, as indicated by the properties, it's from 9.0. As I've said, unless you manage to properly install the 9.1 update, there's no chance the sceneries will ever work.

There might be another method you can try:

Do you have another PC or a friend with a PC to lend you ? Then, you can install FS9 there, don't install *anything* else, and then update it to 9.1

Once you have that FS9 updated properly, take the FS9.EXE from that folder, and all the .DLLs from the MODULES folder, and copy back to your FS9 installation. That might finally fix it...

christiaan

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:20 pm »
Going for the friend's computer.

When I install the new fs9.1 & modules what do I do with the update and uninstall  installer in the main FS9 folder?

Is all the trouble because I installed the first time from outside the Flight Simulator?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 04:18:19 pm »
When I install the new fs9.1 & modules what do I do with the update and uninstall  installer in the main FS9 folder?

Already told you what to do: When FS9.1 is correctly updated on the friend's PC, copy FS9.EXE and all the .DLLs inside the MODULES folder from the friend's PC to your FS9 folder. Of course, the FS9.EXE should overwrite the one you have, and the DLLs should be put again in your modules folder, overwriting what you have.

all the trouble because I installed the first time from outside the Flight Simulator?

Probably yes, it's always wrong to "install" without running the installer, because the installer does not just copy files, it also register FS9 with Windows.

christiaan

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 02:35:22 pm »
Downloaded the updated fs9.exe and default modules (32 files).  New files all have the number 9.1.0.40901

I have not re-started the FS2004 since the up-date, do I need to start the FS9 after I have installed the new fs9 & modules before adding the installers.

The next question is how do I get you 3 airports ZurichX, New York and Chicago O'Hare back into Fs2004.

Through your website I received an e-mail about my e-Sellerate order history with the keys.

Which downloads do I need from your site, stand alone ADD-ON MANAGER, or the full versions.

Is there a special install order?

I do not know if it is important but I would like to inform you that I have to re-install 2 airports from Cloud 9 of which I bought the CD version, uninstalled them when I had the original problem

I have AVG Free and know that I have to disable the Resident Shield as Heuristics sees the blgman.bgl as a threat.

Once again many many thanks for your patience, it is greatly appreciated.

Henry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »
I have not re-started the FS2004 since the up-date, do I need to start the FS9 after I have installed the new fs9 & modules before adding the installers.

It shouldn't make any difference but, it might be wise checking if everything works correctly by running FS9 before installing the sceneries.

The next question is how do I get you 3 airports ZurichX, New York and Chicago O'Hare back into Fs2004.

This is explained in the install manual, called fsdt_install_guide.pdf, which is located in the fsdreamteam folder, after installing any of our products. It's at Page 9.

However, since nobody ever reads the manual, we made this post here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

Which downloads do I need from your site, stand alone ADD-ON MANAGER, or the full versions.

It depends how old are the full installers. Without knowing this, I suggest to download them all again.

Is there a special install order?

No, if you are installing FSDT only and you are using current installers. If you install Cloud9 as well, it's better to install Cloud9 stuff first.

I do not know if it is important but I would like to inform you that I have to re-install 2 airports from Cloud 9 of which I bought the CD version, uninstalled them when I had the original problem

It's best if you install the CD, then update it with the current version found on Cloud9 website, which is surely newer than that.

And, it's best to install and update Cloud9 products BEFORE any FSDT products.

I have AVG Free and know that I have to disable the Resident Shield as Heuristics sees the blgman.bgl as a threat.

This information is probably obsolete today. However, it might be still valid for older Cloud9 versions so, it shouldn't make any difference when you install FSDT (I have fully udpated AVG 8.5 with every options on, and it does not report bglman as a threat), but it might be better if you turn it off Resident Shield and Heuristics off when you install Cloud9.

In any case, it wouldn't change much because, even if, for any reason, the antivirus would block the installation of the Cloud9 version of the Addon Manager, as soon as you start installing FSDT stuff, it will update everything in any case so the antivirus shouldn't be an issue anymore.

At the end of all the installations, both Cloud9 sceneries (provided they ARE the latest version) and FSDT, will work together under the FSDT version of the Addon Manage.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:52:56 pm by virtuali »

christiaan

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 11:12:28 pm »
Virtuali

Many many thanks, I have my Dreamteam sceneries back.

The only thing I had to do was update Chicago & Zurich.

My next airport is Las Vegas.

Having an issue with Amsterdam from Clou9, still no airport. I updated the CD with the download version 1.04.

They said that I must contact them again if I had any issues.

Once again you have done a fantastic job in getting my Airports back, after nearly a week of my questions and your answers and patience.

Best Regards
Henry