Author Topic: GSX Level 2 expansion announced:SODE jetways and animated passengers everywhere  (Read 113573 times)

Tiev

Will GSX Level 2 be able for more than one Parking Position at a Gate Like A112 and A112b?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Will GSX Level 2 be able for more than one Parking Position at a Gate Like A112 and A112b?

The sim doesn't support such configurations in the AFCAD .BGL file format.

tgycgijoes

With an expansion in the works and customization of airlines, ground crew etc. has there been any thought of military ground crew, service vehicles airways, etc. at military airports?  I have friends that I fly with though I do both commercial and military flights, they have not purchased GSX though they think it is really good because they ONLY fly in and out of military airports in C-40s which are the military B737.  It would really be something no one else has done. Also, ground crew dressed appropriately for the location and season or is that just too much and not feasible to determine if the marshaller should be in shorts or a parka.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We'll likely have other expansions and a military-themed one is surely under consideration but, I'm afraid before that, an eventual one dedicated to GA will come first.

tgycgijoes

Though I fly FSX/A I am still going to get V2 demo and try it out.  Hopefully it will not OOM me.  I have not had that problem since I got the new laptop which has an external monitor on which I fly.  I monitor the VAS and it is good as well as the framerates just a slight stutter and I have a lot of ORBX installed.  Keep up the great work.  I love the GSX program much much better than AES I used for many years since it first came out.  I especially like that GSX works everywhere at every airport I fly.  Thank you for all your efforts. 

DreamSkywards

We'll likely have other expansions and a military-themed one is surely under consideration but, I'm afraid before that, an eventual one dedicated to GA will come first.

Very happy to hear about an eventual GA expansion!

RoughLanding

I am also anticipating the new update. With that in mind, is there any thought given to having a marshaller available for departures without pushback? Just a thought. Thanks for all your hard work for this great product.

RL

Harma

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Watching the demo on YouTube with the FSLabs A320 and 79 passengers, does the passenger load take into account the number of people who can fit in a bus? So if we were loading 300 passengers, would there be multiple buses arrive at the plane, or will all 300 "appear" out of the same bus?

Won't stop me buying the expansion, GSX was the first addon I bought (even before any Aerosoft planes, PMDG planes, scenery addons etc) and have always found it added the extra bit of realism to the experience. OK, I'm not a pilot so I've never sat in "The Seat" for real, but as far as I'm concerned, my flights wouldn't be the same without the little touches you have brought to the platform(s). Keep up the good work, and can't wait till the release date  :D :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Watching the demo on YouTube with the FSLabs A320 and 79 passengers, does the passenger load take into account the number of people who can fit in a bus? So if we were loading 300 passengers, would there be multiple buses arrive at the plane, or will all 300 "appear" out of the same bus?

This has been already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17957.msg125469.html#msg125469

And yes, of course we'll do it in the proper way, with a bus taking only the real-world number of passengers. But since some users might be annoyed by a longer boarding process, there's always the option of having everybody fitting into an unlimited capacity bus that will do only one trip.

That's what the "Multiple Trips" option in the GSX Settings does.

luisca_2001

Could it be possible to have two buses at the same time. I think its a good idea but only in case of boarding in heavy aircrafts like 787 a330 777

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Could it be possible to have two buses at the same time. I think its a good idea but only in case of boarding in heavy aircrafts like 787 a330 777

This will double the number of animated passengers visible at the same time, so it will be too much of an fps impact (on any sim), and will surely crash FSX.

And even if you were prepared to accept the performance hit and will use P3D4, doubling the amount of visible passengers, will also double the number of commands sent with Simconnect to the sim, which makes the passenger animations possible, and too much traffic on Simconnect will likely disrupt not just GSX, but all our other addons that use it, because the sim won't be able to keep up with too many request.

Faz

I know that you are adding jetway numbers in the level 2 expansion but will there be stand numbers at parking spots without jetways? Perhaps a sign at each spot?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I know that you are adding jetway numbers in the level 2 expansion but will there be stand numbers at parking spots without jetways? Perhaps a sign at each spot?

Aren't these supposed to be added by scenery developers in their airports ?

Having numbers on jetway is hard and very inefficient (not with GSX Level 2, of course, since we draw numbers in DX11 code instead of creating hundreds of different jetway models), but static panels are fairly easy to do.

abueren

Hello Umberto,

this is really a very exciting enhancement of GSX and I'm sure it'll be worth every bit of the price. I have one question though, just to be specific: Will it also be possible to add these jetways to airports from 3rd party developers that just feature static jetways (like e.g. Flytampa Dubai or Montreal or ZGGG)?

Thanks for your reply
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Will it also be possible to add these jetways to airports from 3rd party developers that just feature static jetways (like e.g. Flytampa Dubai or Montreal or ZGGG)?

It depends how they were made.

If the scenery developer is smart, and made the static jetways as a separate object, they can be excluded just like the animated ones.

Don't know about Dubai, but FlyTampa Amsterdam is made this way so, for example, you'll be able to take a stand at EHAM with a single CTRL+J jetway + a static one, and convert it into one with SODE Double jetways. We are going to publish a video tutorial explaining how to do just that.

If, instead, the jetway is part of the terminal polygonal mesh, there's simply no way to exclude it, other than bugging the original scenery developer that, if he doesn't want to support animated jetways or SODE, at least create a version with separate jetways that can be then excluded and replaced with SODE ones by GSX Level 2.