Author Topic: AFCAD for FSX  (Read 33331 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
AFCAD for FSX
« on: April 27, 2009, 03:40:41 pm »
Here's an improved AFCAD for FSX. It's based on Harpsi's FS9 version of April 25, plus all the FSX additions and some minor fixes (ILS slightly mis-aligned, starting positions). It supports crosswind runway operations.

Put it into the FSX\fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery folder, and overwrite the existing one
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:44:43 pm by virtuali »

jordanal

Re: AFCAD for FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:40 pm »
Cool, thank you Umberto  ;D
Regards,
Al

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:54:00 pm »
Thank You Virtuali!

Also, i don't know yet if this includes this or not, but does this AFCAD include all the Heli parking spots that are at the actual Airport but are NOT marked in the initial v1.0 AFCAD/scenery [YOUR POST HERE: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1703.msg13622#msg13622]?

Ciao!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:57:13 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

hombrexp

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 05:42:06 am »
Here's an improved AFCAD for FSX. It's based on Harpsi's FS9 version of April 25, plus all the FSX additions and some minor fixes (ILS slightly mis-aligned, starting positions). It supports crosswind runway operations.

Put it into the FSX\fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery folder, and overwrite the existing one

Hi Umberto, are there any plans to release Harspi's updates to the FSX afcads for other airports like KJFK and KORD?

b742f

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:22:08 pm »
and don't forget LSZH. would be nice for an updated afcad for the FSX versions

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 12:55:47 pm »
Hi

I am in a critical period of my life with a lot of things to do at the moment. However, I will try to think about getting a new machine in the next one or two months, in order to install FSX.  ;D ;D ;D

If so and if nobody does it, also because for the team you understand that it is better not to lose much time in order to get more sceneries in less time, I will convert all my work to FSX for you and all the others. Let me think about this first.

harpsi

airforce806

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »
I downloaded this new AFCAD update.  However I haven't had any luck getting my 737 NGX to line up correctly with 25L.  Here are some screenshots depicting my problem.  Any help would be great!

http://i56.tinypic.com/znsays.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2lu2pnc.jpg
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:08:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 12:29:12 am »
If you check the AFCAD supplied with KLAS with any editor, you'll see the ILS for 25L is both correctly positioned and perfectly aligned (269.94 deg True) with the runway, as you can see from the attached screenshot, the ILS is correct.

Also, note that this file was posted about 2.5 years ago, that AFCAD has been very likely already included in the main installer so, if you downloaded the full installer after April 27th 2009, chances are the AFCAD that comes with the scenery is better/newer than this one.

As a general rule, whenever we release fixes in the forum, we update the installer shortly thereafter, since we have a Trial version and, of course, it's best to include all the latest fixes in it.

airforce806

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 12:44:37 am »
I don't know if I am quite following.  So would this issue be related to fsx itself?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 10:46:00 am »
I don't know if I am quite following.  So would this issue be related to fsx itself?

I'm saying that it doesn't show up on my system, using the current KLAS installer, on a default airplane, which is the only way to test if the problem was indeed in the scenery.

Once you are sure you are using the current KLAS installer, if you still have that misalignment, first check with a default airplane and then, if it's still there, check if you have another AFCAD coming from another product in conflict. You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to check for AFCAD duplicates.

airforce806

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:28:18 pm »
Hi there, I went ahead and did try it with the default fsx lear jet and it aligned perfectly.  So i should contact pmdg about the 737NGX?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:59:57 pm by airforce806 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:11 am »
Hi there, I went ahead and did try it with the default fsx lear jet and it aligned perfectly.  So i should contact pmdg about the 737NGX?

From this description, it seems to be the case.

airforce806

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »
Ok.  Thank you for all your help!

Aaron