Author Topic: BGLMANX.DLL ENTRY POINT SIMCONNECT  (Read 2491 times)

arwasairl

BGLMANX.DLL ENTRY POINT SIMCONNECT
« on: May 12, 2018, 05:42:24 pm »
When I installed the PMDG 747, an start up p3d v3.4, bglmanx.dll has an error about something about the Simconnect.txt and Simconnect.dll
Help
Aaron Kim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BGLMANX.DLL ENTRY POINT SIMCONNECT
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 05:53:09 pm »
From your subject description, the error is caused by ANOTHER addon, which uses an outdated version of the Simconnect, likely the original FSX RTM or the FSX SP1, while the one we require is at minimum the FSX SP2 version so, the error means that, because your sim is stuck with this outdated version, a function which was only added in the FSX SP2 version of the Simconnect library, cannot be found.

Of course, during the installation, we start the Simconnect client installer, which is located under the main P3D folder, here:

redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\managed\SimConnect.msi

But, in some cases, because the way other addons are made, it's possible that, even after having installed the right version, an addon using the outdated version might be able to force the sim to be stuck with this one so, distrupting other addons (like our own bglmanx.dll) which require functions only available in the FSX-SP2 version.

You might TRY installing the SimConnect.msi from the above folder, possibly after a reboot.

robel

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 12:57:33 pm »
When I installed the PMDG gsx, an start up fsx, bglmanx.dll has an error about something about the Simconnect.txt
Help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 06:24:06 pm »
@Robel,

I don't know what you are posting but, assuming you have the SAME, IDENTICAL error of THIS subject, that is the missing Simconnect entry point, the one and only cause and the one and only solution for this specific error was exactly the one in my previous reply.

If, instead, you are having another error, then open a new post, clearly indicating the different error, because this post was about a very specific issue that is solved only in the way already explained above.