Author Topic: GSX Level 2; buses  (Read 5857 times)

jakecminihan

GSX Level 2; buses
« on: June 13, 2018, 12:26:22 pm »
Firstly, I've gotta say that GSX Level 2 looks great and I cannot wait to buy this thing; September can't come soon enough! FSDT stole FSExpo for me!

Just a question about the new update; I read (I think on FSNexus) that if GSX reckons 198 PAX are boarding then 198 models will be shown boarding. Does this mean that if you're on a remote stand, the bus will drop off its capacity then go and get more people then come back? I think that'd be a great feature for realism because having 250 people deplane from 1 bus all at once is a bit weird!

Good luck Umberto and the team, and if you ever need a beta tester...  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2; buses
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:32 pm »
Does this mean that if you're on a remote stand, the bus will drop off its capacity then go and get more people then come back? I think that'd be a great feature for realism because having 250 people deplane from 1 bus all at once is a bit weird!

By default, the bus has a real-world capacity of 90 passengers. Some say the Neoplan bus can fit up to 156 pax, but we haven't modeled the absolute largest size variation but rather a standard one, and there are even different standards to evaluate the passengers capacity, IATA uses 4 pax per square meter, others use 5 and others 6, to arrive to a figure of 156 passengers so, we used a middle value of 90.

So, if the passengers to be loaded are more than 90, another bus will came to load the rest of them.

This, by default, but if you are busy, and don't want to lose the extra time required to wait for a 2nd or a 3rd bus, disabling the "Multiple Trips" option in the GSX Settings will make the passenger bus being "magic", taking an unlimited number of passengers, so there always be a single bus in this case.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:46:50 am »
Awesome! Would it be possible to see multiple buses making multiple trips as we sometimes see irl?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:15:08 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:18:22 am »
Awesome! Would it be possible to see multiple buses making multiple trips as we sometimes see irl?

Give him an inch and he'll take a mile...Yes, of course it would be nice to have multiple bus doing multiple trips but, as usual, fps and performances are not something we can just forget so, doubling the amount of passengers that would appear on screen at the same time, is not the best way to keep the fps up.

jakecminihan

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:54:41 am »
Hahhaha sorry Umberto  ;D best of luck with this, I'm so excited!