Author Topic: Is FSDT KMEM BUG? **SOLVED, not a bug**  (Read 7558 times)

Proho

Is FSDT KMEM BUG? **SOLVED, not a bug**
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:42:43 pm »

&feature=youtu.be

I use P3D V4.2,when I moveing, LOAD LEVEL will sudden change,other airplane have same problem,i use same set up is normal in default KMEM.
And before i post this topic,i did some test,same airplane setup same addon,the problem just in FSDT KMEM,other FSDT airport or other studio product or default airport  is normal.

same when I fly from other airport,takeoff is good,cruise is good,went I touch down in KMEM,the payload will change.

Sorry for my English,you have some ieda?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:11:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is FSDT KMEM BUG?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:11:05 pm »
It's not a "bug", it's a feature!! It's a way to create a physical bump when you pass over the tarmac division and/or the runway centerline lights.

Of course, it can be user controlled, because it might cause issues to some 3rd party airplanes that DO the same thing, and/or change their own payload at runtime, to simulate a different than default ground handling (the FS Labs A320 does that).

Which is why, there's an option on the KMEM YouControl menu to turn it off.

Proho

Re: Is FSDT KMEM BUG? **SOLVED, not a bug**
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:38:38 am »
I turn it off,it work,thanks!

Trisso81

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 03:19:27 pm »
hi there,

My zero fuel weight is changing when I get airborne and land at Memphis. So just to clarify, what exactly do I switch off. So is to Enable Gear bumps over taxiways or disable? Is this what is causing weight changes?

Cheers

Tristan

molleh

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 06:22:27 am »
Yes the gear bumps cause this problem. Disable the gear bumps. It is a really strange way to implement the feature, they should just remove it completely to be honest.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 10:51:56 am »
Yes the gear bumps cause this problem. Disable the gear bumps. It is a really strange way to implement the feature, they should just remove it completely to be honest.

The feature is there because it works with most default airplanes.

It would be wrong to remove it, just because on some 3rd party airplane which has custom ground modeling ( some even change weight in realtime to bypass the simulator own ground handling ) have issues with it so, clearly, we did the most correct choice, which is make it OPTIONAL, controlled by the USER.