FS9 support > JFK for FS9

JFK FS9 Textures resizer - will help against stuttering

(1/3) > >>

virtuali:
Here's a batch file that will resize all the biggest textures at JFK to 512x512 instead of the default 1024x1024, that should improve the stuttering, because VRAM memory requirements are now 4x less

Unzip the file in the following folder

fs9\fsdreamteam\jfk\texture

And run the resize.bat program. At the end of the process, you'll see that all the 1MB textures are now about 300K each. If you want to go back to the original hires textures, just reinstall the scenery.

RobbieG:
Hi Virtuali,

This wont work in Vista, It will only work if I run as Administrator and running it like that is saying that I need to run in 
fs9\fsdreamteam\jfk\texture folder.

Some Vista users will run into problems likewise Im stuck.

Regards,

Robbie

virtuali:

--- Quote from: RobbieG on April 20, 2009, 02:07:04 pm ---This wont work in Vista, It will only work if I run as Administrator and running it like that is saying that I need to run in 

fs9\fsdreamteam\jfk\texture folder.

Some Vista users will run into problems likewise Im stuck.
--- End quote ---

I'm running it in Vista. Try to grant read/write permission to "Everyone" for your jfk\texture folder.

OR, you can just copy your JFK texture folder into a new folder on a location you surely have write permissions, like a folder on your Desktop, let the resizer run from there, and then copy back the resized texture on the Fs9 folder.

B777ER:
Umberto- much much thanks for this file!!

BAW063:
Hi guys,

Just bought the scenery. I have just resized the textures. I am getting a much smoother experience now thanks! But I am getting "ghost" images of the runway markings. I am getting two 13 L and double center lines. They are slightly offset from the centerline.
 Any ideas?

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version